Argyle(12-0) vs Brownwood(11-1) Friday 1:30 pm at McLane Stadium in Waco

regaleagle

Regionals  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 07:30 PM

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:11 PM, Eaglesone said:

They really don’t match Well at all.  That defense gave. Up 28 points to alvarado in second half and the reason was is they were spent.  BWD will blame it on trick plays but they were gassed.  They aren’t playing a team that runs sweep right on 4th and 20.  If Alvarado did that to them they are going to have a hard time Stopping argyle. 

Our leading tackler got hurt and out of the game in the beginning of 3rd quarter, they still not sure if he will be able to play against argyle, but he is not the only injured

player, our coach named 4 or 5 injured players that we have including one that broke his hand yesterday. and we don't have a lot of dept.  

Every single game at this juncture is a struggle in Region 2.......regardless of who is playing who. I think La Vega will struggle with Melissa too......and may even lose that battle.  Decatur is a really good team in Region 1.......but they will probably have their hands full with Springtown.  IMHO......I think Argyle shows up Friday in a big way on both sides of the ball.  Yes they are banged up a little and without some of their best players.......but Argyle does have depth and talented players on the bench.  Maybe not fully seasoned yet or with a year of experience at this level, but they will perform. Argyle will win this game because they are the better team.....end of story.  The weather may cause some problems, but it will cause problems for both teams.  I've got Argyle scoring in the 40's.......and I don't think Brownwood can do that against Argyle.

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, covercity said:

Our leading tackler got hurt and out of the game in the beginning of 3rd quarter, they still not sure if he will be able to play against argyle, but he is not the only injured

player, our coach named 4 or 5 injured players that we have including one that broke his hand yesterday. and we don't have a lot of dept.  

Is that 5?  I know he was out during the 3rd quarter but looked like he played in 4th with an obvious limp.  Tough kid for sure.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@Eaglesone I know about the RB but how are the other injuries coming along. I "think" I read where one of y'alls receivers went out last week after scoring 3 times. Was it cramps?

It was actually our top receiver against Carter. He came out in a boot with a fractured ankle after half.  He did however play against Ville last week  and had 11 catches 5 td’s and 288 yards.  His prognosis is good. 

21 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Every single game at this juncture is a struggle in Region 2.......regardless of who is playing who. I think La Vega will struggle with Melissa too......and may even lose that battle.  Decatur is a really good team in Region 1.......but they will probably have their hands full this week with Springtown.  IMHO......I think Argyle shows up Friday in a big way on both sides of the ball.  Yes they are banged up a little and without some of their best players.......but Argyle does have depth and talented players on the bench.  Maybe not fully seasoned yet or with a year of experience at this level, but they will perform. Argyle will win this game because they are the better team.....end of story.  The weather may cause some problems, but it will cause problems for both teams.  I've got Argyle scoring in the 40's.......and I don't think Brownwood can do that against Argyle.

I dont think La Vega will have any trouble with Melissa.  Argyle will better show up, Brownwood is a lot better team then Stephenville was.  

• Like 1

I'm not gonna compare LV's games against Stephenville and Brownwood and what they experienced in district play 4-6 weeks ago.  All that matters now is the matchup and how each team is playing now.......considering all circumstances.  I've got Argyle scoring in the 40's and don't think Brownwood can do that this week against Argyle.

BTW.......last time I checked, the team that scores the most points will win every time.......just for all you nonbelievers out there. In football there are two sides to the ball......offense and defense. It's rare to see a defense score as much as an offense in a playoff scenario.  Brownwood doesn't even average 40 pts for the entire season, much less against playoff teams like Argyle.......but Argyle does.  Just let that sink in for a moment.