Argyle(12-0) vs Brownwood(11-1) Friday 1:30 pm at McLane Stadium in Waco

regaleagle

Regionals  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 07:30 PM

Maybe the La Vega/Melissa game ends up being the closer matchup this week.  From what I'm seeing, Melissa looks to be playing better now than in district play.  Remember.....their 3-star dual-threat QB Brendon Lewis was carrying them most of the season, but now the rest of their team seems to be coming together as an improved unit. Don't sneeze on Melissa.......they have some very talented players on that team this season.  AND they can put up points if they need to......quickly.

Most recent weather conditions are calling for a rainy kickoff and then partial clearing from 2-4 pm.  Looks like the first quarter will be a wet one......just don't know the intensity level the rains will end of being at the stadium. Temps in the low 60's with wind from the south at 15 mph gusting to 17 mph.  There should be a slight wind chill and it will feel cooler than it really is.

Today is Gameday for the Argyle Eagles.......in McLane Stadium in a Round 3 game playing a storied Texas High School football program the Brownwood Lions for the first time.  Thank You Lord for this day and for me personally to be able to be there and experience this awesome event with my beloved Argyle Eagles brethren.  The last time and only time Argyle played here was in 2015 in a State Semifinal game against Abilene Wylie which Argyle won 24-17 to advance to the State Championship game against La Vega(played in NRG Stadium that year).  

It's been 20 yrs. now since I first moved from N. Carrollton to Argyle.......a special 20 yrs. in my life.  My son was going into junior high back in 1999 and the high school was in the process of being built.  This is the 17th season for Argyle football and Coach Rodgers.......I've been there to experience every single one of them.  I'm one of the few old-timers still around.......the rest have moved on to another place in life once their kids graduated(I did that too but came back to the area). It's been a fun time and great ride for me and all the Argyle faithful thru the seasons to see and be a part of this special Argyle Eagles experience......from its humble beginnings in 2A when my son was a freshman to its Divison 1 4A status now.  And to see the school thrive and succeed in all sports and UIL activities.......a community of dedicated people all working together toward one goal of making life special not only for their children, but  for themselves as well.  It's hard work and does not come easy or without great sacrifices by everyone involved, but the results make the journey worthwhile.  And what a journey it has been these past 17 seasons for me personally(and Coach Rodgers and a few others).  The journey is still in progress and has not ended YET!!  Hopefully it will continue past Thanksgiving weekend for another season and I will be able to continue on this journey with this season's Argyle Eagles football team.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, regaleagle said:

BTW.......last time I checked, the team that scores the most points will win every time.......just for all you nonbelievers out there. In football there are two sides to the ball......offense and defense. It's rare to see a defense score as much as an offense in a playoff scenario.  Brownwood doesn't even average 40 pts for the entire season, much less against playoff teams like Argyle.......but Argyle does.  Just let that sink in for a moment.

SV didn’t average close to 40 either, scored 49. LE didn’t win a game, and scored 42. Paris scored 44. I believe Brownwood is better than Paris. Argyle better score more than in the 40’s. Might take 50 to win this game. 

But I do think Argyle will shread the Brownwood D, so scoring 50 won’t be a problem.

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

After what I've seen, y'all can't beat them if that's what your asking.

Not even worried about that.  One week at a time. Your opinion is duly noted.  Heard the same thing about 2010 brownwood.  Crandall heard the same thing this week.  That's why they play the game.