Argyle(12-0) vs Brownwood(11-1) Friday 1:30 pm at McLane Stadium in Waco

regaleagle

Regionals  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 07:30 PM

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are nuts if you think Coach Surratt and Preston would not come up with a plan for Argyle's offense. The best D in 4A can slow down the best offense in 4A.

Argyle D would get  blown out by the Dawg O line and Dixon and Williams would have a field day.

One game at a time Champ 1000. 

And then you reveal you have no clue.  No one and I’ll repeat no one is blowing out our DL.  You may beat us around the end but that narrative is just false .  Watch some film and comeback and say that. 

9 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

And then you reveal you have no clue.  No one and I’ll repeat no one is blowing out our DL.  You may beat us around the end but that narrative is just false .  Watch some film and comeback and say that. 

One has a prolific offense and one has a terrific defense. They say defense wins Championships. Unfortunately for one team the other side is pretty good and for the other not so much.

@Champ1000 I understand what you're saying.  Conventional wisdom would say the Dawgs would have an easier time winning it all if they had to play brownwood instead of argyle,  and I don't disagree with that.  It's just that I'm of the opinion that if you want to be the best,  you have to beat the best.  If we get knocked out I want it to be by the eventual state champ.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

@Champ1000 I understand what you're saying.  Conventional wisdom would say the Dawgs would have an easier time winning it all if they had to play brownwood instead of argyle,  and I don't disagree with that.  It's just that I'm of the opinion that if you want to be the best,  you have to beat the best.  If we get knocked out I want it to be by the eventual state champ.

Yes sir I think you guys will have an easier time getting there cause Vega has to play Arygle. 

5 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Yes sir I think you guys will have an easier time getting there cause Vega has to play Arygle. 

Vega is still the champ,  and even though they lost to argyle earlier in the year, in a game i picked argyle to win,  I said then and will say again now,  if they play again I'm going with La Vega.  Putting into perspective, our 2017 team, which is widely considered our best ever,  only beat them by a TD in that year's semi's with a future texas longhorn toting the rock.  And that was after the Dawgs had jumped on them in the first quarter and were up 21-0. That's how dangerous La Vega is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

If Carthage gets beat by Brownwood in football in 2019, they will get beat by the state champion.

20 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Carthage plays the field . After Heritage/ Palestine who of which the Dawgs will soundly beat doesn't really have a big of a task. Liberty Hill isn't what they were. Decatur/ Springtown not much else?

Palestine/MH then Liberty Hill/Lampasas in the semis.  We wouldn’t see Decatur or Springtown unless they knock off LV & Argyle.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Just stop before you write a check your boys can’t cash.  You Argylians have a much tougher road to get to the promised land.

I wouldn't mind a little payback for that 2012? game where the Dawgs were full of sophomores and lost by 3 because the ball bounced off the upright.  I think that was the year argyle won state.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Palestine/MH then Liberty Hill/Lampasas in the semis.  We wouldn’t see Decatur or Springtown unless they knock off LV & Argyle.

Oh ok like I said I do not give MH/Palestine or LH/ lampasas much of chance against Carthage. Much easier route than Vega/Arygle imo.

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Just stop before you write a check your boys can’t cash.  You Argylians have a much tougher road to get to the promised land.

And have been knowned to drop a game. One title is ridiculous for the talent they have had. The funny thing its not one particular team that has stood in the way. 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

So CTH gets a pass because they are in region so bad they can’t take care of themselves ? 

The shoe used to be on the other foot.  Carthage has in the past always had the tougher road going through Region 3.  Not do this year.  It is what it is.  You can call it whatever you want.  We are going to hold up to our end of the bargain.  Will the Eagles?

• Like 1

I think Brownwood lions have a chance, but chance is slim, I hope they win, defense will have to play a good game in all quarters, if they play like they did against Alvarado in the second half argyle will win by 30, but play well and lions win by 7, I don't think its going to rain and I don't want the weather to decide who wins, turnovers will be a factor, lions get interceptions  and not turn the ball over will get it done, good luck to both teams.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, covercity said:

I think Brownwood lions have a chance, but chance is slim, I hope they win, defense will have to play a good game in all quarters, if they play like they did against Alvarado in the second half argyle will win by 30, but play well and lions win by 7, I don't think its going to rain and I don't want the weather to decide who wins, turnovers will be a factor, lions get interceptions  and not turn the ball over will get it done, good luck to both teams.

NIce first post. Welcome to Smoaky!