Daingerfield vs Newton

EastTxFinest

Is it gonna be Dudley Do-right or Deputy Dog. I got it Winnie-the -Pooh and tigger too.  Is everybody gonna impeach Newton because they sure want beat them.Them purple Eagles gonna knock them stripes plum-off them Painted Tigers. Eagles will soar and painted tigers will be no more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Are you talkin about me , I’m here.  

The only good thing that came out of last years game was that I did pickup this nugget of wisdom. When these Tigers start dishing out that revenge beat down, don’t fight it! It definitely makes the crow go down so much harder! Just set back and behold the show. S-p-e-e-d! 
It will be on the ride home when that numb feeling goes away. ( but hey, you guys racked up 2 ships, and had the privilege of waking up the new sheriff in the region!).  Not to bad. 

• Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

Just now, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Just wanted to hear your breakdown of this game! Don’t seem you as confident as last year. What do you think?

Been so busy, only been to one game this year.  My personal opinion on this game - whoever shows up with there A game and key players at full potential will win , now I’m pulling for my Eagles of course ( Purple Pride) .  Don’t mistake the 42 points that New Diana hung on us for weakness, we had 4or 5 key players out and when you have no more depth than we have, that makes a huge difference. Jmo   Good luck to both teams and safe travels.

8 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

The only good thing that came out of last years game was that I did pickup this nugget of wisdom. When these Tigers start dishing out that revenge beat down, don’t fight it! It definitely makes the crow go down so much harder! Just set back and behold the show. S-p-e-e-d! 
It will be on the ride home when that numb feeling goes away. ( but hey, you guys racked up 2 ships, and had the privilege of waking up the new sheriff in the region!).  Not to bad. 

Now you know this game wouldn't be any fun if my Purple Eagles just laid and egg. I will tell the coaches to tell them to do just enough to win so we can do it again next year. Gonna be a fun nite. Them Eagles gonna be swarming all over them painted tigers, them stripe-less tigers I might add.

5 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Been so busy, only been to one game this year.  My personal opinion on this game - whoever shows up with there A game and key players at full potential will win , now I’m pulling for my Eagles of course ( Purple Pride) .  Don’t mistake the 42 points that New Diana hung on us for weakness, we had 4or 5 key players out and when you have no more depth than we have, that makes a huge difference. Jmo   Good luck to both teams and safe travels.

I will agree. I knew that you guys were missing some ballers. On the other side, we have yet to see 4 full quarters of this years Tiger team’s best! We have definitely seen some glimpses, and it is a sight to behold. We will definitely need a full 4 quarter performance to upset the 2 time defending champions. ( same too you guys, can’t wait).

• Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

I’m afraid your overated enthusiasm gonna leave a sour taste in your mouth when it’s over with, all of our players are back and chomping at the bit to leave the Tigers in total dismay just like last year.  Just picture it ( Tigers standing everywhere with their helmets in their hands wondering WTH just happened) 😂 morning 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Now you know this game wouldn't be any fun if my Purple Eagles just laid and egg. I will tell the coaches to tell them to do just enough to win so we can do it again next year. Gonna be a fun nite. Them Eagles gonna be swarming all over them painted tigers, them stripe-less tigers I might add.

We know it’s going to be a battle, but I feel very confident we are a lot more prepared for it than we were last year. Win, lose, or draw, I will be here. Let’s get it started!

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

We know it’s going to be a battle, but I feel very confident we are a lot more prepared for it than we were last year. Win, lose, or draw, I will be here. Let’s get it started!

Same here, Two good teams ,two good programs,two great traditions and win or lose lots of RESPECT for them Painted Tigers.

Just now, jimmyw said:

Same here, Two good teams ,two good programs,two great traditions and win or lose lots of RESPECT for them Painted Tigers.

Absolutely. Almost feeling a little guilty to be the team that knocks you guys out of that 3- peat! It sure is a long fall! Lol. 
But, what don’t kill you makes you stronger, and we know. That loss last year is still ringing in our ears. 

8 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Absolutely. Almost feeling a little guilty to be the team that knocks you guys out of that 3- peat! It sure is a long fall! Lol. 
But, what don’t kill you makes you stronger, and we know. That loss last year is still ringing in our ears. 

You win some and you lose some, I think you gonna lose again, Them Purple Eagles show up and are ready its gonna be for Tiger fans like swimming in a swimming pool with 10,000 water moccassins with no-way to escape. Tigers just gonna have to grin and bare it.😀

6 minutes ago, Jailbird13 said:

Y’all going home crying

Kinda like a plumber I know, since he is a plumber,a lot of people don't give him any Respect but the truth be known that plumber probably owns 2/3 of that bank. Don't worry about them purple Eagles unless you are next in line. If We were to get beat and the boys did their best, it's only a game. Life is short so enjoy your accomplishments and learn with your losses and that is life. Now after life,definitely need your name in the Lambs book of life. Sermon over

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyw said:

Kinda like a plumber I know, since he is a plumber,a lot of people don't give him any Respect but the truth be known that plumber probably owns 2/3 of that bank. Don't worry about them purple Eagles unless you are next in line. If We were to get beat and the boys did their best, it's only a game. Life is short so enjoy your accomplishments and learn with your losses and that is life. Now after life,definitely need your name in the Lambs book of life. Sermon over

Amen! TRUTH!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jailbird13 said:

I bet to them kids playing on either team it’s more than a game

You might be right,but I do know the Newton kids were taught there is more to life than football. The late Coach W. T. Johnston showed the kids how short and precious life is and was. He was an amazing man and Coach. It is one thing to do your best and when you have done all you can do be able to walk away and accept victory or defeat with dignity. Everyone wants to be a state champion but only one can be until this entitlement business goes to giving everyone a participation  trophy, I mean state championship trophy. To me eternity in heaven is the only battle I will never lose. You just can't afford to lose that game.

• Like 2

Either you Fig-Newton’s are so confident, us Tiger fans bore you, or you really on the bubble and don’t want to have to eat that much crow. 
im rather surprised. I just knew you guys were going to tear away at our schedule. 2 losses, one against an over-rated Gunter team,( we should have floored them), and we got beat by those Mighty Bears from Dekalb. 
It’s the night before Christmas, come out of hiding Santa’s elf’s. 
What you got cooking?