La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

This is why they play the game!!  A team that has won both playoff matchups against a team that has won both regular season matchups!  A game that has been talked about since the first of September.  Both teams did what they had to make it happen!

both teams coming off of polar opposite victories.  

This is what it is all about!!!

So I guess LV won the toss again......how lucky can they get, Huh?  The game will be in their own backyard and Argyle will be on the road again.  And I guess it will be raining again in an outdoor stadium, naturally.......which LV will gladly accept all day long against any passing team.  I was hoping for The Star in Frisco this year......I guess Argyle will have to go the rough road to get another win.......why not?  Seems it happens more often than not to Argyle. I really wanted to stay around the Metroplex next week......not drive right back down to Waco again.

• LOL! 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

So I guess LV won the toss again......how lucky can they get, Huh?  The game will be in their own backyard and Argyle will be on the road again.  And I guess it will be raining again in an outdoor stadium, naturally.......which LV will gladly accept all day long against any passing team.  I was hoping for The Star in Frisco this year......I guess Argyle will have to go the rough road to get another win.......why not?  Seems it happens more often than not to Argyle. I really wanted to stay around the Metroplex next week......not drive right back down to Waco again.

After watching several LV games this year I promise this LV team wants no part of Argyle in the rain.  

Ok, I thought about this one for a bit and I am going with Argyle 38-35.

I just think Argyle has it going in high gear and LV is not hitting on all cylinders right now. Maybe they’ll have the early season loss in their heads either deflating their confidence or getting them ready and focused to win.

We’ll see, will be a great game and a home game for the Pirates.

I will say this about LV.  They ran a freshman kicker on last night to make a game winning walk-off FG due to starting kicker being down with the flu.  Melissa gifted them the chance and the freshman came through.  Looks like they were playing under Argyle's slogan this year "next man up".  Congrats to that kid.  

• Love 1

I personally feel all regional finals should have a predetermined date and stadium already set up for the game, not a coin flip type situation that could greatly favor one team over the other.

There's enough coin flips already just to get to this bigtime game. I hope the UIL is reading this and will consider this suggestion in the future.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

My Carthage and La Vega friends.  It is time for a prediction.;  Our defense is horrible. 

I’ll take the Argylians this time around.  I was leaning heavy towards LV most of the year but last night’s defensive effort vs Melissa changed my mind.  Argyle appears to be playing the better football right now.  

Eagles 45
Pirates 42

Not much in local fans showed at McLane Stadium yesterday on Black Friday in Waco.  I don't know how many fans were in attendance, but it looked like Argyle brought as many as Brownwood.  I'm guessing about 2500 from each school including the bands.  I don't even think Argyle had their full band in attendance.....it looked to me like they were missing quite a few members.  Brownwood looked like they brought their full band......and did a great job on the National Anthem.

3 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

All four teams agreed and we had the star .  a frisco team trumped us.  

Really???   That's unfair.  Now that Frisco team will have an "unfair" home game advantage.......and so will La Vega......instead of both games being totally preset ahead of time with the venue and time.

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

Really???   That's unfair.  Now that Frisco team will have an "unfair" home game advantage.......and so will La Vega......instead of both games being totally preset ahead of time with the venue and time.

Well last time we played them we won handily in waco 

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Some fans are not able to travel that far on a Friday evening. Some don't get off work early enough to drive 2.5 hrs to the game......in Friday afternoon traffic in the Metroplex.

If the time and date and venue were preset, then people would have a chance to arrange a schedule ahead of time. Not just the fans from each school , but all fans that wanted to attend would know ahead of time.

• Stinks 1

42 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

So Argyle put 42 on the "best defense in the state in 4a".  I am sure our Carthage friends will point out how we were lucky.  Keep this in mind though, what is obviously the second best district in 4a d1 argyle is 4-0 and has never trailed! 

Second best defense, just reminding you. 
LV lost their 8 best defensive players from last years state championship team. 
I believe Argyle wins this game no matter where it is played. Argyle by 1 to 3 points. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Second best defense, just reminding you. 
LV lost their 8 best defensive players from last years state championship team. 
I believe Argyle wins this game no matter where it is played. Argyle by 1 to 3 points. 

I think he meant Brownwood had the "best defense", not LV.  But in either case you are correctomundo......Carthage has the best D in 4A-D1 for sure. 

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Some fans are not able to travel that far on a Friday evening. Some don't get off work early enough to drive 2.5 hrs to the game......in Friday afternoon traffic in the Metroplex.

But you think the game should be played indoors in Frisco or Arlington.  So Waco people could be arriving in the rush hour traffic of the metroplex. You think that is fair for the Waco fans but not if Argyle has to drive  

SMH. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1