La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I guess know one sees that the pirates spotted Melissa 20 points then woke up and out scored them 45 to 22 (in 2 quarter plus 5 minutes).  A Melissa team that is Loaded with talent as Regal has stated many times.  Melissa was a very good football team.  Argyle struggled against The Ville, LV struggled against Melissa.  Melissa knew the pirates were going to run the ball and couldn't stop them.  But we could compare a season of past games and that wouldnt make a difference.  Its Argyle vs La Vega you can hit the reset button.  La Vega just like Argyle can score from anywhere on the field.  It a matter of who can get more stops, which defense will step up? This is going to be a great game.  

6 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I guess know one sees that the pirates spotted Melissa 20 points then woke up and out scored them 45 to 22 (in 2 quarter plus 5 minutes).  A Melissa team that is Loaded with talent as Regal has stated many times.  Melissa was a very good football team.  Argyle struggled against The Ville, LV struggled against Melissa.  Melissa knew the pirates were going to run the ball and couldn't stop them.  But we could compare a season of past games and that wouldnt make a difference.  Its Argyle vs La Vega you can hit the reset button.  La Vega just like Argyle can score from anywhere on the field.  It a matter of who can get more stops, which defense will step up? This is going to be a great game.  

I agree. Lavega's coaching staff has  been underrated the past few seasons. 

Of course,  it really doesn't matter who thinks what.  All that really matters is what happens out on that field in crunch time at this point.......regardless of circumstances. You either win and advance or you go play basketball.  IF you make it all the way to the SC game, then all bets are off because anything can happen in that game.  And your team made it to the dance.......so they have a good chance to win a title.

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

That's because no one gets to see much of anything from La Vega......period.  Y'all have put a kabash on any filmclips or Game Recaps or even statistical data of your team.  So if you are looking for some fair and impartial postings from interested fans, then provide more information for us to see.

39 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

That's because no one gets to see much of anything from La Vega......period.  Y'all have put a kabash on any filmclips or Game Recaps or even statistical data of your team.  So if you are looking for some fair and impartial postings from interested fans, then provide more information for us to see.

You may not have access to it Reagle, but I assure you that Rogers has access to all 13 games and the scrimmages, one way or the other.

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

This is going to be a fantastic game and a toss up. I think Argyle will be up to the task this year as much as they ever have been. 
LV will be up for it too.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe it wasn't a Carthage poster that said it.......or maybe he misinterpreted what a Carthage poster wrote about Brownwood's defense.  Either way.......I think we can all agree that Carthage looks to have the best D in Class 4A in the state this season.

Any conversion involving brownwood and talk of "best ever" took place almost 10 years ago, in 2010.  That all got settled on the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 68Hornet said:

LaVega is most talented team left in 4A DI. I'm hoping Carthage wins it all, but LaVega, Argyle and Carthage are all capable of winning the title.

Your opinion only.......and perhaps shared by some others as well.  But by no means provable fact.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

With all the success that argyle has had in other sports surprising the ad/ head coach is the one that can't ever seem to produce titles

He has produced many, many titles in his yrs as AD.......who do you think is responsible for all the success in athletics Argyle has experienced, Huh?  

• Stinks 1

43 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

He has produced many, many titles in his yrs as AD.......who do you think is responsible for all the success in athletics Argyle has experienced, Huh?  

I would say the kids, then maybe coaches.  No matter how hard you coach you can't coach speed or instinct, that what makes great players.  You can coach kids to play a supporting role and contribute to a team.  Without great player talent there is no titles to speak of. The AD being responsible for the titles come on now.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Not in the sport he coaches it's all the other coaches he has hired in other sports getting them

I think la Vega wins this game if they are healthy, Brownwood had to many hurt people and played the same way that they did last week in the second half of the Alvarado game, even Stephenville and china springs could have beat Brownwood Friday if they were playing them, Good luck to both teams , may the best team win.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

You want facts......there are at least 6 players on Argyle's team this season with D-1 offers on the table.  Some have given verbals  while others haven't yet. There may be more than that.....but those are hard facts for certain.

Does that mean they are more athletic? No. It means they are football players.