La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Y’all can hope all you want... Carthage takes state.

Most are counting on that. Redemption from the hickup from last season. I kinda hope Liberty Hill keeps winning so the Dawgs get some payback. I believe they play  Arygle in the ship.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 hours ago, regaleagle said:

So I guess LV won the toss again......how lucky can they get, Huh?  The game will be in their own backyard and Argyle will be on the road again.  And I guess it will be raining again in an outdoor stadium, naturally.......which LV will gladly accept all day long against any passing team.  I was hoping for The Star in Frisco this year......I guess Argyle will have to go the rough road to get another win.......why not?  Seems it happens more often than not to Argyle. I really wanted to stay around the Metroplex next week......not drive right back down to Waco again.

Do you feel better now, Reagle?!😳😜😂

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

I would say the kids, then maybe coaches.  No matter how hard you coach you can't coach speed or instinct, that what makes great players.  You can coach kids to play a supporting role and contribute to a team.  Without great player talent there is no titles to speak of. The AD being responsible for the titles come on now.  

I guess you are not a believer in quality coaching at the high school level to get quality results.  You just think it's the natural abilities of the individual kids, but it's not. It's been a proven fact over the years that superior coaching in sports at all levels leads to championships......not my opinion but proven fact.  Why do you think that excellent coaches are a highly sought-after commodity in pro sports?  Because they want to pay them more???  NO......they know the data and want a winner.  Same goes for the NCAA and high school levels......even lower levels.  It's consistently the same no matter what level.......quality coaching leads to winning teams.......even in Little League.

There's a lot of wasted talent on poorly coached teams.......in every sport.  It takes more than talent to be a winner......that's a proven fact also.

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Does that mean they are more athletic? No. It means they are football players. 

I didn't say they have D-1 offers in football only........you did.  They are athletic because they play football, yet some received offers in sports other than football and they are stars on the football team as well.  YES......I would say they are very athletic, and most would agree.

34 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Do you feel better now, Reagle?!😳😜😂

Not really......I just made that drive to and from.  The drive back was in sloppy weather on Black Friday after Thanksgiving at 4 pm. I got home at 7 pm because of those conditions.  I don't relish driving back at 10 pm next Friday night either.  It will be 12:30 (if all goes well) before I reach homebase.  Not exactly something I look forward to.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

You want facts......there are at least 6 players on Argyle's team this season with D-1 offers on the table.  Some have given verbals  while others haven't yet. There may be more than that.....but those are hard facts for certain.

If you want to go that route, Pleasant Grove has 22 players with college offers to play football at different levels. Seven are DI offers, and Alabama has offered both of the Hawks' defensive ends who are only juniors. I know Argyle is great, that is why I said any one of the three could win title. I've seen all three play this year and I know Argyle beat LaVega earlier. I've been doing this a long time and I'm convinced LaVega has considerably more team speed, and the best two running backs I've personally seen this year. Carthage and Argyle have a big advantage in discipline, but if LaVega keeps their heads and don't turn the ball over I think they'll repeat. I hope not after what happened at Liberty-Eylau this year.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

I guess you are not a believer in quality coaching at the high school level to get quality results.  You just think it's the natural abilities of the individual kids, but it's not. It's been a proven fact over the years that superior coaching in sports at all levels leads to championships......not my opinion but proven fact.  Why do you think that excellent coaches are a highly sought-after commodity in pro sports?  Because they want to pay them more???  NO......they know the data and want a winner.  Same goes for the NCAA and high school levels......even lower levels.  It's consistently the same no matter what level.......quality coaching leads to winning teams.......even in Little League.

There's a lot of wasted talent on poorly coached teams.......in every sport.  It takes more than talent to be a winner......that's a proven fact also.

Your telling me Argyle's high school baseball coach could come to La Vega and make them a championship baseball team in a few years.  That Nick Saban could go to TCU and win a championship in a few years with the current roster.  Prove me wrong that Texas wins a national championship with out Vince Young that year.  That this Argyle would be the same team with out it coveted Bocephus.  True coaching helps but you cannot win championships without talent. 

I never said it did.......I said without good coaching athletic ability on its own will never allow the athlete to realize his fullest potential.  Tell me that Carthage and Argyle and Aledo and Highland Park and Allen and Galena North Shore and La Vega are all blessed with better athletes every single year than all of the other places in Texas. I would venture to say that there is much more natural talented atheletes at Paris and Liberty Eylau than at Argyle on a very consistent basis.  

For the most part......athletic ability is honed and developed even though some of it is natural.  If it never is developed then there is no athlete.  There are probably band members in every 4A school with natural athletic abilities that never put it to use.....that never develop it or cultivate it.

14 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Just wait until they get a load of Farris/Scoggins/Bocephus/Kirkpatrick/Gonzo/Merka/Lott/ et al.

Without these players argyle wouldn't stand a chance this week you talk about talent then tell me it all about great coaching. 40% for the coaches in the State of Texas could compete for state championships with Argyle roster.  Roger's is a great coach but even he couldn't compete for state championships without talent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

Without these players argyle wouldn't stand a chance this week you talk about talent then tell me it all about great coaching. 40% for the coaches in the State of Texas could compete for state championships with Argyle roster.  Roger's is a great coach but even he couldn't compete for state championships without talent.

Agree, you need the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s while coaching keeps them honed in mentally. 

Wrong......the talent is developed in the program thru hard work and excellent coaching techniques that bring out those capabilities that these kids are motivated to aspire to.  Some of the athletes are gifted with more natural ability than others......but as a whole the talent overall is developed thru a program and quality coaching techniques to help these athletes reach their own individual full potentials.

13 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Wrong......the talent is developed in the program thru hard work and excellent coaching techniques that bring out those capabilities that these kids are motivated to aspire to.  

From what your saying every QB at Agyle should be as Good as #3.  They have the same coaches and opportunities as he does. Then sit Bocephus this week if it all about coaching.  But you wont because he is a more talented QB and has a better arm and is more accurate.  Last time I checked coaches weren't allowed to play.  

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

From what your saying every QB at Agyle should be as Good as #3.  They have the same coaches and opportunities as he does. Then sit Bocephus this week if it all about coaching.  But you wont because he is a more talented QB and has a better arm and is more accurate.  Last time I checked coachs weren't allowed to play.  

Just forget it........you believe in total athletic ability and I don't.  I believe that normal athletic kids can be coached up to become winners with the right philosophy and environment to develop themselves to their fullest potential.  

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Just forget it........you believe in total athletic ability and I don't.  I believe that normal athletic kids can be coached up to become winners with the right philosophy and environment to develop themselves to their fullest potential.  

My two cents worth. 
carthage has always had great athletes, but never won a state championship until Coach Surratt and staff arrived. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I didn't say they have D-1 offers in football only........you did.  They are athletic because they play football, yet some received offers in sports other than football and they are stars on the football team as well.  YES......I would say they are very athletic, and most would agree.

I assumed it was football since the thread is about football talking about a football game coming up and you sub-quoted a guy that was talking about LV being the most athletic team left. My bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

My two cents worth. 
carthage has always had great athletes, but never won a state championship until Coach Surratt and staff arrived. 

Thank you for your two cents worth of wisdom CC........there seems to be a lack of wisdom throughout the sporting industry nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I assumed it was football since the thread is about football talking about a football game coming up and you sub-quoted a guy that was talking about LV being the most athletic team left. My bad. 

That's Ok Eagleborn........I was simply pointing out the error in his thinking.......that possibly there are other teams with just as many talented players as LV  out there.

13 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

My two cents worth. 

This is well documented too!!!

You must have both to win championships.

Argyle guys, don’t act like all of your success is because of Rodgers. Yes, he is great, but the players must have enough talent to execute. 

Surratt is the main reason Carthage has six state championships, but he cannot make the plays on the field. The players must be able to execute the plays he and the coaches call. 

Without Surratt - no titles.

Without the high end talent- much much less likely you’re winning championships. You can win big without superstars, but didn’t y’all win it when you had Ian Saddler and that’s your one championship? He’s been your very best player, no question and that’s when y’all won state.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This is well documented too!!!

You must have both to win championships.

Argyle guys, don’t act like all of your success is because of Rodgers. Yes, he is great, but the players must have enough talent to execute. 

Surratt is the main reason Carthage has six state championships, but he cannot make the plays on the field. The players must be able to execute the plays he and the coaches call. 

Without Surratt - no titles.

Without the high end talent- much much less likely you’re winning championships. You can win big without superstars, but didn’t y’all win it when you had Ian Saddler and that’s your one championship? He’s been your very best player, no question and that’s when y’all won state.

I could easily argue that point as well......and another championship that was not ruled properly that was so obvious right on the Big Screen.....excepting for rules in place that were immediately changed the next year because of it.  It's always true that certain gifted athletes are needed on every winning team, but  that TEAM cannot win without the quality coaching being a foundation for the team in the first place. Conversely.......a team can be loaded with gifted athletes with less than quality coaches and continue to lose........to never reach a championship level.  This happens all the time while it also happens that championship teams seem to come from the same towns, school districts, and communities over and over again........because the coaching staffs and AD's have helped to develop the talent.............WITH QUALITY COACHING TECHNIQUES........which ALWAYS includes installing programs for the players to improve and achieve to their fullest individual potentials and then to help place them in positions where they can best succeed.

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Football was meant to be played outdoors 

Not necessarily........there were just not any indoor stadiums when football as a sport was born.  As you can easily see today, indoor stadiums actually enhance the entire atmosphere and quality of play of the  game. IF not so, then indoor stadiums would not be used at the professional level.