La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

1991 was WAY more talented than almost any CHS team in history. The 2017 team was way up there in pure talent, it may have been the best, 1991 was unbelievable too. 

2008, whew!

2010 and 2013 were deceptively athletic. 2013 had a few receivers well over 6’2” and one of them was 6’6” and all those receivers could run, including Rutherford (at 6’6”).

However, there are many Bulldogs teams from the past who had more talent than the ‘09, ‘10, ‘13 and ‘16 state championship teams had. 
The current coach makes a huge difference just like Rodgers does for Argyle.

I am picking Argyle by 3 points in a toss up game with LV.

1978 Dawgs Quarter Back and NFL all pro safety for the Vikings. Audrey  McMillan 

1983 Dawgs at the time had the second fastest guy on the planet Roscoe Tatum

John Booty Dawgs, played 9 year NFL safety for the eagles  

The list can on and on but guess what none won state championships. 
I truly believe Coach S would have 10 or more with the Dawg teams of the past. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

1978 Dawgs Quarter Back and NFL all pro safety for the Vikings. Audrey  McMillan 

Easily

16 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carl Lewis, Roscoe Tatum, Ben Johnson or Ben Johnson,  Roscoe Tatum, Carl Lewis —— which order ?

41 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carl Lewis, Roscoe Tatum, Ben Johnson or Ben Johnson,  Roscoe Tatum, Carl Lewis —— which order ?

Carl Lewis beat him by less than 100 hundredth of. Second. In a 100 meter race. 
it was on the front page of the Dallas paper, I forgot what year. It was when Roscoe was at TCU. 

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carl Lewis beat him by less than 100 hundredth of. Second. In a 100 meter race. 
it was on the front page of the Dallas paper, I forgot what year. It was when Roscoe was at TCU. 

Roscoe would have made It to the Olympics but tore up his knee playing football for TCU. 

Well i have no idea about other people but I did.  With his bro being the superintendent and him already having a statue and name on the stadium in C-town (future) yeah i thought it was a possibility.  I never heard one thing leading me to believe that either, probably was never discussed but i didn't think that was very far fetched.  It is actually pretty damn cool to work with your brother.

17 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Anyone from Carthage will tell you that the talent has ALWAYS been in Carthage. Other than the last state championship team, we've had teams more talented than some of the other state teams.

Man this is a great Carthage thread! BTW I think there is some kind of silly little game going on in Waco this weekend, but who cares about that when we can talk Carthage, Carthage, and more Carthage! 

This will be a knock down drag them out kind of game. This may be the best Argyle team (offense) that they have ever had. 
Le Vega is not as good as last year (defense) but their offense can score at anytime and from anywhere on the field. 
It is simple to me. If Argyle gets two stops by their defense, They win. I don’t believe Le Vega can match Argyle score for score. 

12 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This will be a knock down drag them out kind of game. This may be the best Argyle team (offense) that they have ever had. 
Le Vega is not as good as last year (defense) but their offense can score at anytime and from anywhere on the field. 
It is simple to me. If Argyle gets two stops by their defense, They win. I don’t believe Le Vega can match Argyle score for score. 

Me either