La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

I don't believe anyone can. Gotta play ball control and set up your offense which Surratt does very well. You won't be Argyle in a shootout. 

Carthage Dawgs can out score Argyle because the Dawg defense can get stops on Argyle and make Argyle turn the ball over. 
Argyle’s defense gives up a lot of points and there is no way Argyle’s defense can hold up against the Dawg O line for four full quarters. PG has one of the best D lines in 4A and the Dawg O line dominated midway in the third quarter through the fourth. Just my two cents worth. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

20 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Anyone from Carthage will tell you that the talent has ALWAYS been in Carthage. Other than the last state championship team, we've had teams more talented than some of the other state teams.

If Argyle can limit the big plays, it seems to me that they can win this by a couple scores.

10 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage Dawgs can out score Argyle because the Dawg defense can get stops on Argyle and make Argyle turn the ball over. 
Argyle’s defense gives up a lot of points and there is no way Argyle’s defense can hold up against the Dawg O line for four full quarters. PG has one of the best D lines in 4A and the Dawg O line dominated midway in the third quarter through the fourth. Just my two cents worth. 

Ok I admire your ethuastic views. Carthage is pretty balanced but matching them score for score will be a challenge. 

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This will be a knock down drag them out kind of game. This may be the best Argyle team (offense) that they have ever had. 
Le Vega is not as good as last year (defense) but their offense can score at anytime and from anywhere on the field. 
It is simple to me. If Argyle gets two stops by their defense, They win. I don’t believe Le Vega can match Argyle score for score. 

Argyle will get way more than two stops.  The only way LV beats Argyle is shutting down argyles offenses 

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dude, there is very little LV talk at the moment. Coachkels and that other LV guy are not on at the moment.

You need to chill out. 

100% agree.  I think at this point talking about CTH in a LV Argyle thread is only right.  We Are in round four baby!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Ok I admire your ethuastic views. Carthage is pretty balanced but matching them score for score will be a challenge. 

Will Not Happen!  Argyle may get beat this week but it will be a 31-24 game if so.  Argyle will not lose in a shootout to LV Carthage Dumas SVille or anyone else.  Anyone that thinks otherwise has not seen them play.  And yes I have seen Carthage this year too.

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dude, there is very little LV talk at the moment. Coachkels and that other LV guy are not on at the moment.

You need to chill out. 

Not a lot to say,  according to this thread there is no way to stop Argyle.  The Eagle have to many weapons on offense and no team (including Carthage according to them) in the state can play with them, and they fixed all of their defensive problems against Brownwood.  

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

C’mon guys, Let Argyle & LaVega have their thread back; Carthage will have plenty of time to “smack it up” in the run up to our game against the winner of their game..😎

No problem with Carthage talk here. Carthage has some good points of comparison.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coachkells said:

No problem with Carthage talk here. Carthage has some good points of comparison.    

Fair enough! For the record, I hope Argyle & LV don’t have a bench clearing brawl like the one the Pirates had against Liberty Eylau earlier this season... Apparently, Emotions got out of control & both teams paid dearly as a result.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Not a lot to say,  according to this thread there is no way to stop Argyle.  The Eagle have to many weapons on offense and no team (including Carthage according to them) in the state can play with them, and they fixed all of their defensive problems against Brownwood.  

Hahahahaha!!! 😂

I say it’s a toss up and picked Argyle to win by 3 points. I think it could go either way.

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Fair enough! For the record, I hope Argyle & LV don’t have a beach clearing brawl like the one the Pirates had against Liberty Eylau earlier this season... Apparently, Emotions got out of control & both teams paid dearly as a result.

I don't understand what this has to do with the game.  

If Argyle can find a way to contain Cummings, they'll win running away with it. Cummings is the real deal, very impressive to watch. He shredded Celina's defense in the first quarter. But then, the Bobcats figured some things out on defense and gave up only one more score, and it came late in the second half. The Pirates other score was on a pick-6 from a desperation heave by the Celina QB. What I mean to say is, if Celina had HALF the offense that Argyle has, the Bobcats would've won by two or more possessions. Unfortunately, they had about half of a half of a half of the offense Argyle has, and La Vega's defense just ate them alive.

I know the Pirates' defense isn't what it was last year, but they're impressive. Their defensive line plays very disciplined and just gets after it. They're not overwhelmingly big on the defensive front, but they're quick and they live in the backfield, and they kept the offensive line from reaching their second-level blocks. The La Vega LBs are some of the fastest HS LBs I've ever seen. There were times when it would look like Celina's RB Point had a big seam, and then BOOM, the LBs would be there before you could blink.

Now, that said, Argyle's offense is infinitely better than Celina's. The Eagles offensive line is massive and will hold their own against La Vega's front. And if Hogenboom has time to throw, and I imagine he will, the Eagles will put up some big points. They just have too many points of attack, in my opinion. As hard as it is to do, I think Argyle picks up their second win of the season over the Pirates.

Cummings will break some long ones. But if Argyle can get three-to-four stops on defense, they'll win handily. If they don't, they'll have to win in a cardiac manner. I still think even a shootout favors Argyle, but nobody likes to live that way.

All that said, I'm taking Argyle by two possessions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Are you feeling good about the rematch.