La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

This can also be seen in our private school systems.......just look at the quality of those divisions now and some of the athletes playing at those schools now.  YEP.......indeed we are quite fortunate to have our system of football right in our own backyards here in Texas if you love true amateur football at the highest level. I'm not so certain the NCAA is totally amateur right now........there's still a huge gap that exists in their overall system, but it's getting better.  I think this whole system of football is a "trickle upward" type of effect that all starts at the lower levels and shows up there first, then at the highest levels last.  The professional level will finally see the effects only AFTER it has occurred at the lower levels first.  This is why American football is so unique as a sport, and widely welcomed by fans being introduced to it in other countries.  Many soccer fans worldwide are just beginning to see and understand American football.......the Canadians have known it for decades. It truly is a very unique and ALIVE sport......most probably the most complex ever developed and is still morphing today.

And guess what???  Texas is leading the way!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Think about it this way - the Senior class this year started high school in 2016.  Many of them got 6 extra weeks of practice/instruction in 2016 as we won State that year. Those same kids were Sophomores in 2017 and got another extra six weeks of of practice/instruction in route to another title.  Many of those Sophomores played/contributed in that State game.  In 2018 we came up a little short of the goal but those same kids got another five weeks of practice/instruction.  Here we are in 2019 another five extra weeks of practice/instruction hoping for one more.  So that’s 22 more weeks of practice/instruction and 16 more games than the average high school player gets.  Success breeds success.

Good point.

True point, and only after some of the other competitive programs make their entry into the system felt will this "advantage" from some of the schools mentioned above dissipate a llittle bit.  The Allens and Aledos and Carthages of Texas High School football in today's era may never again see a dominance like they are currently experiencing in this sport.......there's a serious shift happening behind the scenes that's just starting to take shape.......so enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't think there is any way Argyle can continually win 13 games every season each season in their highly competitive North Texas region......and the classification realignments keep changing every two seasons.  Now look at what 4A will be on the Gulf Coast starting next season.  Lots of variables going on in our state and the state of high school football in Texas as a whole.  I hope it all continues and is not affected by forces we all have no control over.  Enjoy it all while it is in front of us......I know personally that I am addicted to it.

Just now, regaleagle said:

True point, and only after some of the other competitive programs make their entry into the system felt will this "advantage" from some of the schools mentioned above dissipate a llittle bit.  The Allens and Aledos and Carthages of Texas High School football in today's era may never again see a dominance like they are currently experiencing in this sport.......there's a serious shift happening behind the scenes that's just starting to take shape.......so enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't think there is any way Argyle can continually win 13 games every season each season in their highly competitive North Texas region......and the classification realignments keep changing every two seasons.  Now look at what 4A will be on the Gulf Coast starting next season.  Lots of variables going on in our state and the state of high school football in Texas as a whole.  I hope it all continues and is not affected by forces we all have no control over.  Enjoy it all while it is in front of us......I know I personally am addicted to it.

Reagle you make some good points but missed a big one.  There are more parents today who have the means and will pickup and move to a new school district if they believe the new district will provide better opportunities for their kids.  This was not much of a thought ten years ago.  This movement will continue to feed the successful programs new players each year.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Reagle you make some good points but missed a big one.  There are more parents today who have the means and will pickup and move to a new school district if they believe the new district will provide better opportunities for their kids.  This was not much of a thought ten years ago.  This movement will continue to feed the successful programs new players each year.

That's one ingredient going on.......but just one.  There's a myriad of different things happening in the state of football in the State of Texas all working at the same time.  It's also happening in other sports as well for the movement of families you are speaking of........not just football.  Some families with girls move to a different school district so that their girl(s) can play in a competitive basketball or volleyball or even softball program to land a possible scholarship to pay for higher education.  

Now I'm wondering.......Are more scholarships in athletics awarded to students in Texas than any other state percentagewise?   Probably not by percentage......this a very populated and big state comparatively.  But probably the most scholarships awarded by a long stretch, Huh? That means there's alot of opportunity out there in the State of Texas for student athletes to excel and succeed.

16 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

My cousin’s husband attended the Crandall game at Rose. They live in Rockwall and attend their games. I had to go get him at the gate.

We were walking up and he saw the Bulldogs. The first words out of his mouth were, “Oh my gosh, they’re huge! Y’all have several guys that are bigger than anybody on Rockwall’s team.”

He’s one of these guys who has in the back of his mind the bigger the school the better. Well, his Rockwall Yellow Jackets just proved that theory wrong a few weeks ago by sending Allen to the house. He’s not real bad about that, but it’s something he legitimately thinks about, because most of the time the bigger the enrollment the better the starters are on the field.
LV and Carthage do not fit into that school of thought. Both have way more top tier athletes every year than an enrollment their size normally does, and people generally have a very difficult time grasping this. 

I had a conversation with a guy from CA yesterday who has kept up with Carthage, because he has ties to Panola County. He said he doesn’t understand how Carthage continues to have so many good players every year. I told him it’s been that way for forty years we just finally have a coach who knows how to use it.

Yes your right. You can be loaded with talent every year but if you don’t have a great coach and program it just won’t succeed. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

You've also got parents with the means to move from different districts with quality programs where their kids are backups into a common "unincorporated community" to form/compete for a program of consolidated talent.  

Back onto the game for a moment......alot of people may not realize this, but La Vega just handed Argyle their worst loss in 14 seasons in terms of point differential.  And in the biggest game of the season for both teams.......that's saying something.  Argyle surely could have used Byce back there with his quickness and speed, but it's all over with now. That's the way the football cookie crumbles.......you have to survive and make it to the final game regardless of anything else.  Still this week left for 4 teams in 4A-D1......all 4 have a chance......but my money is easily on LV over the rest to make the final.