La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) 12/6 - 7 P.M. McLane Stadium (Waco)

fromabuick8

La Vega vs. Argyle  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

If we listened to all of these "professional pundits".........Argyle would have already been gone in the playoffs.   The real truth is that NOBODY except Carthage really wants to meet Argyle this season.......ONLY CARTHAGE.

Guess what???  The feelings are mutual.......LOL.

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oooooo, best calm down on the embarrassing La Vega in football talk. 
Y’all could embarrass them in baseball, but I highly doubt Argyle will embarrass LV in the upcoming playoff game. 

Very fair response.  But I am assuming you didn’t see their lack of ability to slow down Melissa’s run.  If you can’t stop their run  you are in trouble against Argyles offense.  

1 minute ago, Eaglesone said:

Very fair response.  But I am assuming you didn’t see their lack of ability to slow down Melissa’s run.  If you can’t stop their run  you are in trouble against Argyles offense.  

I hear you, we just have experience against PREVIOUS Argyle and LV teams understanding how talented both teams have been and are this season. I really wish I could attend!

We have an early Christmas next Saturday and Carthage is playing the night before in Jacksonville against Midlothian Heritage. 

Good luck to both teams, expecting an awesome hard fought game!

I'll say this about Coach Rodgers and what he has done for this team.  He took his licks by playing Scoggins and calling his number so many times when Argyle could have just let Bo and the Boyz take care of business.  But now you should see how Scoggins is starting to come around in the backfield at this level......what a leap!!

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you, we just have experience against PREVIOUS Argyle and LV teams understanding how talented both teams have been and are this season. I really wish I could attend!

We have an early Christmas next Saturday and Carthage is playing the night before in Jacksonville against Midlothian Heritage. 

Good luck to both teams, expecting an awesome hard fought game!

Good luck to you as well!

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I'll say this about Coach Rodgers and what he has done for this team.  He took his licks by playing Scoggins and calling his number so many times when Argyle could have just let Bo and the Boyz take care of business.  But now you should see how Scoggins is starting to come around in the backfield at this level......what a leap!!

Doesn’t count. When Argyles 2 and 3’s play we don’t count that.  Argyle is a regular season team not a playoff team.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

You guys are missing the entire point......I'm not talking about just the LV/Argyle game.....I'm referring to the entire state and how to improve the playoff system as a whole.

What can be done that makes it better? 

Prescheduling regional finals for certain times, dates, and venues for the public and all the football classifications......they are REGIONAL finals.  If a game should be moved because of a special circumstance that will be more beneficial, then allow that to be an available option as well between the teams' staffs. But both teams will have to agree to it first.

• LOL! 1

You guys are missing the entire point......I'm not talking about just the LV/Argyle game.....I'm referring to the entire state and how to improve the playoff system as a whole.

Maybe your two head coaches could do a better job of agreeing on a neutral location instead of both trying to get a home game?

I suspect La Vega will not have an answer for all of Argyle's weapons offensively at this late juncture of the season......just like every other team Argyle has played. They will need to outscore Argyle and put up alot of points.....which they did do against Melissa at the end.  But they will not be playing Melissa in the regional final.

10 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Maybe your two head coaches could do a better job of agreeing on a neutral location instead of both trying to get a home game?

I think they were looking at quality stadiums available for that date and time.....and that's how they came up with McLane.  I'm just saying some favoritism went on over at The Star and that should not be allowed.  BTW......Highland Park bit the dust last night against Frisco Lone Star.  Seems like those two teams always get to use The Star.  From what the Argyle know it alls were telling me yesterday.......Argyle was gonna play there in the regional final.  We got bumped after the HP/Lone Star game was final.

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

In fact......I can't remember Argyle EVER playing in The Star.......I could be wrong........maybe we played there once.  But still......I find that very strange.

I think Argyle did play in The Star in a first game of the year against Denison one year......and that's been it!  No playoff games there as I recall.

10 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I think they were looking at quality stadiums available for that date and time.....and that's how they came up with McLane.  I'm just saying some favoritism went on over at The Star and that should not be allowed.  BTW......Highland Park bit the dust last night against Frisco Lone Star.  Seems like those two teams always get to use The Star.

Favoritism...……..lol...…….When The Star was built, it was for the Cowboys AND Frisco I.S.D...………….So yeah, you take care of your own first, then worry about others...…….99.9% of the world understands that.

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Favoritism...……..lol...…….When The Star was built, it was for the Cowboys AND Frisco I.S.D...………….So yeah, you take care of your own first, then worry about others...…….99.9% of the world understands that.

In the world of the UIL of the Great State of Texas high school football playoffs.......there can be accommodations made for some other important games also. What is commonly "understandable" does not justify what is correct for use of such a facility by the public.  

• Stinks 1

Not sure how much more weight and height Scoggins will put on in his junior and senior seasons......and if he will lose some of that speed.  But if he maintains his current physical make-up or even slightly improves it.......I think we are looking at a D-1 prospect at the next level at RB in Argyle.  He just needs to improve his vision of the field which will come with more reps at this level.  He has all the tools already.

Not sure LV even knew they were in a football game the first half last night.  They gifted Melissa a 20 pt lead 6 of which was a pick 6.  Once LV decided to start playing Melissa’s defense was Swiss cheese.  Melissa also had a KO return for a TD so two of the TD’s they had were unconventional.  Reality is LV was the way better team but didn’t play well.  

Melissa’s clock management the last 30 seconds of the game killed them from having a chance to steal it in the end.  It was the worst coaching I’ve ever seen.  What made the Melissa coaches think the LV coaches were going to allow them to run the clock in the shadow of their own goal post to go to OT when LV had time outs left?  LV coaches must felt like it was manna from heaven they way Melissa managed the clock then to get a fumble as a bonus.  Somebody has some splaining to do.  LV escaped a lackluster performance for sure.

I don’t think Argyle beats LV based on LV’s poor performance last night.   I think Argyle beats LV because they are a way superior team that is multiple and hard to defend.  LV’s offense is plain Jane and depends totally on having better athletes.  LV doesn’t have better athletes then Argyle.  Argyle will run away with this one by 3-4 TD’s.

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

They had the star reserved and lost it.  Sure they flipped something like Apogee and McClane.  I want to play LV in 40* down pour.  Or 70* clear skies. 

I think Argyle did play in The Star in a first game of the year against Denison one year......and that's been it!  No playoff games there as I recall.

Negative.  That game was in ATT. Argyle has not played in the star. 

36 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

Not sure LV even knew they were in a football game the first half last night.  They gifted Melissa a 20 pt lead 6 of which was a pick 6.  Once LV decided to start playing Melissa’s defense was Swiss cheese.  Melissa also had a KO return for a TD so two of the TD’s they had were unconventional.  Reality is LV was the way better team but didn’t play well.  

Melissa’s clock management the last 30 seconds of the game killed them from having a chance to steal it in the end.  It was the worst coaching I’ve ever seen.  What made the Melissa coaches think the LV coaches were going to allow them to run the clock in the shadow of their own goal post to go to OT when LV had time outs left?  LV coaches must felt like it was manna from heaven they way Melissa managed the clock then to get a fumble as a bonus.  Somebody has some splaining to do.  LV escaped a lackluster performance for sure.

I don’t think Argyle beats LV based on LV’s poor performance last night.   I think Argyle beats LV because they are a way superior team that is multiple and hard to defend.  LV’s offense is plain Jane and depends totally on having better athletes.  LV doesn’t have better athletes then Argyle.  Argyle will run away with this one by 3-4 TD’s.

You are right.  LV played really bad but their inability to be able to pass or stop the run will not bode well at McClane or in Bellmead or the star or wherever.  They know the end is near!

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

If we listened to all of these "professional pundits".........Argyle would have already been gone in the playoffs.   The real truth is that NOBODY except Carthage really wants to meet Argyle this season.......ONLY CARTHAGE.

I wouldn't say we WANT to meet lol, but we certainly will be up for the challenge if we do...

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oooooo, best calm down on the embarrassing La Vega in football talk. 
Y’all could embarrass them in baseball, but I highly doubt Argyle will embarrass LV in the upcoming playoff game. 

I can’t hold the CTH posters to the fence yet but the couple LV posters have talked about how much LV has improved how BWD was going to beat Argyle.   I watched them last night and they cannot stop the run and can’t pass.   They don’t want argyle in the rain.

we can talk about playoff results and pouring down rain results but none of that counts Friday night.  If it is raining argyle will blow them out.