4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

Gilmer got this. I’m not arguing with anyone just wait til Friday. Gilmer has cleaned up their penalties and playing dang good ball all the way around. I see people think not having #5 is gonna cause us to loose but overlookin the other guys that stepped up and playing shut down ball as well as people saying #12 being out if gonna cause us to loose but overlooking that we have #11 that is a good qb as well and can run the offense and complete the same passing that 12 can. Pg is good true but gilmer is good as well. This game will come down to penalties. Whoever has the least will win and advance. Pg has not been tested since the last time they played gilmer. Gilmer had a battle against wc that only made them better and more confident as well as have play their last 4 games in horrible weather.  WE WILL SEE!!

PG wins this one Pulling away in the second half. The confidence is strong with the Gilmer fans, but PG has to much overall. It all starts with the QB and no one has a better one than #10 for PG. 4 D1 players on the defensive side of the ball and another on the offensive side. Hawk Nation is going to soar once again Friday night in Longview.

• Like 1

When Gilmer played PG earlier this year I wasn't very confident that we had a chance to beat PG. I left that night with a different perspective. We didn't win but Gilmer had a chance to make it a 1-possession game in the 4th and several other missed chances via dropped passes throughout the game. I haven't seen PG since that night, but Gilmer has improved exponentially since that game. Should Gilmer keep building on what they have done sine that night and take it into Friday, I believe they have a really good chance to knock off PG. 

I'm looking forward to this game.

• Like 2

in big games like this one I look and see who out smarts who  can the coaching staff at Gilmer get there kids fired up for five days and have no let downs we will see. PG and Gilmer are very well matched kid by kid both have key players on both sides of the ball it sounds like

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VDUB said:

PG wins this one Pulling away in the second half. The confidence is strong with the Gilmer fans, but PG has to much overall. It all starts with the QB and no one has a better one than #10 for PG. 4 D1 players on the defensive side of the ball and another on the offensive side. Hawk Nation is going to soar once again Friday night in Longview.

100% accurate

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

15 hours ago, poisoned10 said:

When Gilmer played PG earlier this year I wasn't very confident that we had a chance to beat PG. I left that night with a different perspective. We didn't win but Gilmer had a chance to make it a 1-possession game in the 4th and several other missed chances via dropped passes throughout the game. I haven't seen PG since that night, but Gilmer has improved exponentially since that game. Should Gilmer keep building on what they have done sine that night and take it into Friday, I believe they have a really good chance to knock off PG. 

I'm looking forward to this game.

PG has much improved since the Gilmer Game also.

21 minutes ago, acropulsion said:

In my estimation, which is probably worthless, PG has a 70% chance to win a game vs the Buckeyes. 
But to beat the buckeyes 5 times in a row, the chances get very narrow. 
Gilmer by 4. 

From 2001 to 2009, no one could beat Gilmer even twice in a row. Carthage was the first to do it since 2001 (2008, 2010).

8 hours ago, poisoned10 said:

From 2001 to 2009, no one could beat Gilmer even twice in a row. Carthage was the first to do it since 2001 (2008, 2010).

Since then it’s only been Argyle and PG, right? Even 4 times in a row seems like a stretch. 5x? Would Vegas put any money on PG?

This "should" be a very good game.  This is the best team the Buckeyes have fielded in at least the last three matchups.  I think the Buckeyes have a very real chance at beating the Hawks, especially if they correct the blown coverages on defense, and don't turn the ball over three times.

As a Buckeye fan, it's high time we take back our spot as the perennial bEast Texas region representative.  Go Buckeyes!  REFUSE TO LOSE! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, acropulsion said:

Since then it’s only been Argyle and PG, right? Even 4 times in a row seems like a stretch. 5x? Would Vegas put any money on PG?

If you are talking about Gilmer getting beat, Carthage has won the last 4 years. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

If you are talking about Gilmer getting beat, Carthage has won the last 4 years. 

Oh yea you’re right. I will say though, Carthage over the last 4 years has been a MUCH better team than Gilmer. When considering score differences per year of Gilmer vs Carthage & Gilmer vs PG, PG & Gilmer are a closer match.

23 hours ago, poisoned10 said:

I'm not certain if he even had a tackle. I wouldn't count on that happening again, although I hope it does.

Gilmer double teamed him most of the game.  They did a fantastic job.  Most of his tackles were in chase mode.  I would use the same gameplan if I was Gilmer!

The changes in our coaching staff is the difference.  Before our staff got blown up, we didn't lose to the same team more than twice in a row, except for maybe Argyle.  We may have lost three in a row before we finally beat them.  Carthage beat us twice in a row once under Traylor.

1 hour ago, unclebubba said:

Gilmer double teamed him most of the game.  They did a fantastic job.  Most of his tackles were in chase mode.  I would use the same gameplan if I was Gilmer!

My only concern with using the same game plan is they will be spending this week expecting us to do it again and game planning against it. 

Hopefully Gilmer is game planning for them to game plan our last game plan and can counter their game plan with a new game plan.

1 hour ago, poisoned10 said:

My only concern with using the same game plan is they will be spending this week expecting us to do it again and game planning against it. 

Hopefully Gilmer is game planning for them to game plan our last game plan and can counter their game plan with a new game plan.

You lost me at “My”.  😂

• LOL! 2