4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

Ok previous contest

Gilmer 380 total yards- 68 Rushing 312 Passing

PG 488 total yards- 309 rushing 179 passing

Seems to me that Gilmer needs to work on Run Defense and PG needs to work on pass defense.

PG has put up over 300 yrds of rushing in each of the last 3 Games against Gilmer. So its not Gilmers passing D that is the problem with PG. The problem is PG's run game. When Gilmer comes up to stop the run they get hit with huge passing plays. If you do not have a front that can shut down the run then that equals trouble against the Grove. You can stack against a team that is great at the run game and not so good at passing but PG is both. It is truly a pick your poison offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawks2021 said:

If Gilmer is probably the 2nd best team in 4AD2 and PG is the best - then PG is just better.  It is no slight to Gilmer.  

But look at it this way:

QB - PG/ Wash

RB - PG /Wash 

WR - Wash /Gilmer 

OL- PG

DL- PG  close but PG

LB-PG/ wash

DB-PG/Wash

Special Teams- PG/wash 

It’s an opinion 

Pg iQB in Gilmer’s system not so great Gilmer QB’s in PG system they are better 

Gilmer RB’s in PG system and behind that line they are better 

Wash. Gilmer’s WR’s are asked to do much more than PG’s

OL I give PG the nod

DL y’all do have D1’s hard to argue that If Jackson in a DL 

LB’s  a wash Unless you consider Jackson a LB 

DB wash 

special teams a wash 

16 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok previous contest

Gilmer 380 total yards- 68 Rushing 312 Passing

PG 488 total yards- 309 rushing 179 passing

Seems to me that Gilmer needs to work on Run Defense and PG needs to work on pass defense.

PG has put up over 300 yrds of rushing in each of the last 3 Games against Gilmer. So its not Gilmers passing D that is the problem with PG. The problem is PG's run game. When Gilmer comes up to stop the run they get hit with huge passing plays. If you do not have a front that can shut down the run then that equals trouble against the Grove. You can stack against a team that is great at the run game and not so good at passing but PG is both. It is truly a pick your poison offense.

I think to only give up 309 is good because u can’t stop them completely just contain them but when u throw in a 179 yards with 5 completions that’s the difference 

• Like 1

Just now, Maineman1988 said:

It’s an opinion 

Pg iQB in Gilmer’s system not so great Gilmer QB’s in PG system they are better 

Gilmer RB’s in PG system and behind that line they are better 

Wash. Gilmer’s WR’s are asked to do much more than PG’s

OL I give PG the nod

DL y’all do have D1’s hard to argue that If Jackson in a DL 

LB’s  a wash Unless you consider Jackson a LB 

DB wash 

special teams a wash 

Pg iQB in Gilmer’s system not so great Gilmer QB’s in PG system they are better - I disagree Ill Take Ben Harmon over Hurt and Tennison any day in any system just on his effort and leadership. His work ethic is impeccable, his teammates will go to war with him. His football IQ is second to no other player and he is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen play the game.

Gilmer RB’s in PG system and behind that line they are better - Disagree The triple threat of Garrett, Martin, and Hicks is the engine in the ground game. Throw in Johnson and Nelson just to put some icing on the cake. PG's running backs are very good.

the rest I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think to only give up 309 is good because u can’t stop them completely just contain them but when u throw in a 179 yards with 5 completions that’s the difference 

It is and thats why most football critics will tell you "To beat PG you have to do it by stopping the run with the defensive front" Pg has big passing plays on all of the teams they play. Harmon avgs almost 30 yrds per pass. Pass protection formations get death by a thousand cuts. Load the box and you get mortally wounded. That is why PG struggles to beat Carthage. With their defensive front they can stay in base packages and defend both. 

13 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Pg iQB in Gilmer’s system not so great Gilmer QB’s in PG system they are better - I disagree Ill Take Ben Harmon over Hurt and Tennison any day in any system just on his effort and leadership. His work ethic is impeccable, his teammates will go to war with him. His football IQ is second to no other player and he is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen play the game.

Gilmer RB’s in PG system and behind that line they are better - Disagree The triple threat of Garrett, Martin, and Hicks is the engine in the ground game. Throw in Johnson and Nelson just to put some icing on the cake. PG's running backs are very good.

the rest I agree with you.

Let’s not forget hermon is a senior hurt is a jr and tennison is a sophomore. And tennison is not the main qb hurt is. And you can’t compare work ethics when you don’t know the other guys. But make no mistake hermon is good and you’ll see next year when he is gone just how good your other guys are without him. 

• Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Waco Connelly had 2 2000 yard backs 🤷🏾‍♂️ D1 lineman d1 cornerback. We got none of that. They got a basketball game Friday so what’s your point

You mean the Waco Connally that was one of the most over rated teams in 4A. We all said at the beginning of the season that Gilmer should have been #2 in 4AD2. WC's STR was pathetic. Lets not forget them struggling to beat Salado who looked like a Pewee team against the Grove. Grove fans knew PG and Gilmer would be playing for regional. 

Just now, Buckeyelove said:

Let’s not forget hermon is a senior hurt is a jr and tennison is a sophomore. And tennison is not the main qb hurt is. And you can’t compare work ethics when you don’t know the other guys. But make no mistake hermon is good and you’ll see next year when he is gone just how good your other guys are without him. 

Lets not forget Harmon went 16-0 and won a state Title his sophomore year. He went right back his junior year.

2 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Let’s not for pg should hv slaughtered Sunnyvale but didn’t. They barely got by Pittsburgh 🤷🏾‍♂️

Curious, what do you consider a slaughter? PG won by 21 and Sunnyvale scored a garbage TD with less than a minute. I will admit Sunnyvale was better than I expected. They were disciplined and very well coached. The QB was a player, along with the Sterling kid. 

Let’s not for pg should hv slaughtered Sunnyvale but didn’t. They barely got by Pittsburgh 🤷🏾‍♂️

Beat SV by 21. thats an a## whippin in my book. Pitt game showed the ability of the Grove to win the close one in a semi final best win of the year to me. Lets not forget PG was almost all juniors and sophomores last year!

Just now, swaha said:

Curious, what do you consider a slaughter? PG won by 21 and Sunnyvale scored a garbage TD with less than a minute. I will admit Sunnyvale was better than I expected. They were disciplined and very well coached. The QB was a player, along with the Sterling kid. 

No doubt and PG was sloppy with penalties and turnovers but still won very convincingly.

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Beat SV by 21. thats an a## whippin in my book. Pitt game showed the ability of the Grove to win the close one in a semi final best win of the year to me. Lets not forget PG was almost all juniors and sophomores last year!

So as gilmer this year 

Just now, Hawknation03 said:

No doubt and PG was sloppy with penalties and turnovers but still won very convincingly.

Buckeyelove's judgement is cloudy due to his obvious "strong dislike" of PG. You can tell by the tone of his posts.

• Like 1

The rest of the offensive guys you named off are average without him. The offense pg run only works with a good qb. 

Harmon is the team mvp to me yes, but no matter how good you are you have to have some talent around you. I am very anxious to watch Woodside next year. Dont know if he has Harmons grit and determination but he certainly has a cannon for an arm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swaha said:

Buckeyelove's judgement is cloudy due to his obvious "strong dislike" of PG. You can tell by the tone of his posts.

That’s not true. If pg beats gilmer I want and know they will win state. Pg fans just seem to think they are the golden caboose cause they got a couple good players. Good teams do get beat also. 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Harmon is the team mvp to me yes, but no matter how good you are you have to have some talent around you. I am very anxious to watch Woodside next year. Dont know if he has Harmons grit and determination but he certainly has a cannon for an arm.

Ok you and I can talk you seem level headed. Would you agree that no matter how good of arm you hv in that wingt offense if you can’t read your keys you can get some guys hit in the mouth?