4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

Just now, Buckeyelove said:

That’s not true. If pg beats gilmer I want and know they will win state. Pg fans just seem to think they are the golden caboose cause they got a couple good players. Good teams do get beat also. 🤷🏾‍♂️

You can find fans of all teams that are winning that think their team is the "golden caboose".  There are a few on this message board from other schools. I agree, anyone can be beat on a Friday night, including good teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Buckeyelove said:

That’s not true. If pg beats gilmer I want and know they will win state. Pg fans just seem to think they are the golden caboose cause they got a couple good players. Good teams do get beat also. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thats true .... just ask Highland Park. Man Frisco had their number this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

The rest of the offensive guys you named off are average without him. The offense pg run only works with a good qb. 

The wing T is a very QB friendly offense - having a QB as good as Harmon is a bonus.  Calling the RB's on PG average is just silly - I hear a lot of Gilmer people acting like PG does not respect them - but it seems like it is the other way around.  PG has won the last 4 times we have played - and if we did it with average players it does not speak well of you at all.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok previous contest

Gilmer 380 total yards- 68 Rushing 312 Passing

PG 488 total yards- 309 rushing 179 passing

Seems to me that Gilmer needs to work on Run Defense and PG needs to work on pass defense.

PG has put up over 300 yrds of rushing in each of the last 3 Games against Gilmer. So its not Gilmers passing D that is the problem with PG. The problem is PG's run game. When Gilmer comes up to stop the run they get hit with huge passing plays. If you do not have a front that can shut down the run then that equals trouble against the Grove. You can stack against a team that is great at the run game and not so good at passing but PG is both. It is truly a pick your poison offense.

I would commit to stopping the run. Gilmer has held 2 really good running teams in check the last couple of games, one with a very good D1 RB. Secondary needs to step up. You are right though, pick your poison.

10 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

The wing T is a very QB friendly offense - having a QB as good as Harmon is a bonus.  Calling the RB's on PG average is just silly - I hear a lot of Gilmer people acting like PG does not respect them - but it seems like it is the other way around.  PG has won the last 4 times we have played - and if we did it with average players it does not speak well of you at all.  

No pun intended but hey you take that how you want. Not real sure how you feel it’s qb friendly guess you won’t see thst til he is gone tho. 

53 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

It is and thats why most football critics will tell you "To beat PG you have to do it by stopping the run with the defensive front" Pg has big passing plays on all of the teams they play. Harmon avgs almost 30 yrds per pass. Pass protection formations get death by a thousand cuts. Load the box and you get mortally wounded. That is why PG struggles to beat Carthage. With their defensive front they can stay in base packages and defend both. 

Yep 

10 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I would commit to stopping the run. Gilmer has held 2 really good running teams in check the last couple of games, one with a very good D1 RB. Secondary needs to step up. You are right though, pick your poison.

PG held Sunday to 67 yrds last year. Dude is a man in a boys league. Good defenses shut him down. Please dont say WC running attack is comparable with PG running attack.

39 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

The rest of the offensive guys you named off are average without him. The offense pg run only works with a good qb. 

Garret ain’t average bro. That line ain’t average either. I’m a Gilmer homer for sure. But give credit where credit is due. 

• Like 2

I apologize, I don’t mean to down size anyone or any kid at all. The kid is good no doubt. Guess you have to excuse me cause gilmer has had good athletes for years and year not just the past few. We have had some in my opinion better than some pg worship that I thought wasn’t really all that good just apart of a good program that Enhanced their actual talent. Pg has a good program going right now just as gilmer and Carthage and all 3 of those teams it’s any given Friday.  

On 12/1/2019 at 9:55 AM, bansheefan03 said:

Actually they do I'm sure nfhs will have it online

You can find it here

Coming up on texanlive.com ...

2019 Football Season - Regional Finals

WATCH ALL THESE GAMES LIVE

This Weekend Texan Live will have Live video and audio broadcasts from a variety of games featuring some of the some of the best teams in the country. Check out our lineup; Duncanville, Carthage, Argyle, East Bernard, Shadow Creek, Refugio, Southlake Carroll, Lake Travis, Westlake, Judson and North Shore.
Subscribe today and watch with 3 options
Regular Subscription - $17.95 (recurring payment every 30 days) - you are responsible for cancellation
Playoff Pass for $39.95 - (60 days with no recurring payments)
Individual game purchase - $9.95 - watch the game anytime live and on-demand
888774d0-65b5-419e-936f-6df890e33acf.jpg

REGIONAL FINALS

Thursday, December 5th
Holland (13-0) vs Refugio (13-0) – 7PM – 12/5/19 – Alamodome 

Friday, December 6th
Geronimo Navarro (13-0) vs Wimberley (10-3) – 3:30PM – 12/6/19 – Alamodome
Waco La Vega (12-1) vs Argyle (13-0) – 7PM – 12/6/19 – Mclane Stadium 
Pleasant Grove (12-1) vs Gilmer (10-3) – 7PM – 12/6/19 – Lobo Stadium 
Bremond (12-1) vs Falls City (12-1) – 7PM – 12/6/19 – The pfield 
East Bernard (13-0) vs Ganado (10-3) – 7PM – 12/6/19 – Freedom Field 
Columbus (11-2) vs Hallettsville (10-2) – 7PM – 12/6/19 – Legacy Stadium
Carthage (13-0) vs Midlothian Heritage (9-4) – 7:30PM – 12/6/19 – Tomato Bowl 
Westlake (12-1) vs San Antonio Brandeis (13-0) – 7:30PM – 12/6/19 – Alamodome 
Aledo (12-1) vs Ennis (12-1) – 7:30PM – 12/6/19 – Frisco Ford Center
West Orange-Stark (10-1) vs Silsbee (8-4) – 7:30PM – 12/6/19 – Beaumont’s Memorial Stadium 
Troy (12-1) vs Grandview (12-1) – 7:30PM – 12/6/19 – Waco ISD Stadium 

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

PG held Sunday to 67 yrds last year. Dude is a man in a boys league. Good defenses shut him down. Please dont say WC running attack is comparable with PG running attack.

Not at all. They are two different offenses. Just saying Gilmer's run defense has improved quite a bit since the last time these two teams played, so I wouldn't be expecting the Hawks to run wild again. 

Just now, SHillBuckeye said:

Not at all. They are two different offenses. Just saying Gilmer's run defense has improved quite a bit since the last time these two teams played, so I wouldn't be expecting the Hawks to run wild again. 

Give Gilmer all the credit ,,, they deserve it but like I said earlier I knew Gilmer was a better team than Connally. They got the win thats all that matters but they only scored 1 offensive TD against Connally in the first half. Connally got caught napping on a backwards pass for a defensive score by Gilmer. The Buckeyes kicked a field goal and received another gift on a bad snap for a safety. 11 of gilmers points came off of Waco mistakes giving the bucs a game total of 24 earned points. The Gilmer D did a great job of keeping Connally out of the end zone, holding them to 20 while allowing 236 yrds on the ground. That was a great win for Gilmer. I dont see the Hawks giving Gilmer 11 points and they will certainly have to put up more than 24 to Beat PG.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Give Gilmer all the credit ,,, they deserve it but like I said earlier I knew Gilmer was a better team than Connally. They got the win thats all that matters but they only scored 1 offensive TD against Connally in the first half. Connally got caught napping on a backwards pass for a defensive score by Gilmer. The Buckeyes kicked a field goal and received another gift on a bad snap for a safety. 11 of gilmers points came off of Waco mistakes giving the bucs a game total of 24 earned points. The Gilmer D did a great job of keeping Connally out of the end zone, holding them to 20 while allowing 236 yrds on the ground. That was a great win for Gilmer. I dont see the Hawks giving Gilmer 11 points and they will certainly have to put up more than 24 to Beat PG.

Your right on all accounts. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Hawknation03 said:

It is and thats why most football critics will tell you "To beat PG you have to do it by stopping the run with the defensive front" Pg has big passing plays on all of the teams they play. Harmon avgs almost 30 yrds per pass. Pass protection formations get death by a thousand cuts. Load the box and you get mortally wounded. That is why PG struggles to beat Carthage. With their defensive front they can stay in base packages and defend both. 

And with Carthage moving back to Div.2...this could be interesting.

Its game day FINALLY! Safe travels to all tonight traveling to and from the game. This game is gonna be a throw down and high energy for sure. Congrats to both Teams making it this far and represent our district and region. Now it's time to play some Buckeye Football! Go BUX!!