4AD2 Regional Final Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Who goes to Semis  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

44 minutes ago, poisoned10 said:

He wasn’t even drressed out for the last 2 games. 

We (Gilmer fans) have been wondering what Tennison would look like when he was fully let loose to throw and not a run-only QB. He played the entire game last week but only threw 12 passes. Personally, I felt he looked good for the most part, just inexperienced. 

Quick question, how you feel tennison could do much better. 3 int I get thst but how many passes dropped that where perfect? Not to mention all the rushing yards a 50 yard rushing td called back. I’m just wondering what do people come to the game to see. Btw good game pg.  now go win state!

7 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

That’s right been watching a real team dem Carthage Dawgs😁😁😁You gonna come watch us now?

Man U B u hide all yr when we beat the teams u said we would lose to then wanna come back I have no shame in losing to PG they were the better team but u a coward nobody takes u serious 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man U B u hide all yr when we beat the teams u said we would lose to then wanna come back I have no shame in losing to PG they were the better team but u a coward nobody takes u serious 

I say pg Carthage Paris and newton would beat y’all hey I was right 3 out 4. Like I told you at beginning of the year y’all would go 2 or 3 rounds deep then get beat. What happened? Y’all got 3 slouch teams and went nuts thinking you gonna go state 😂You May want start listening 

• Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Btw good game pg.  now go win state!

Basically, they've already won it. The next two games are mere formalities. Only chance those opponents have would be if the Hawks failed to show up at the appointed day and time.

3 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

I say pg Carthage Paris and newton would beat y’all hey I was right 3 out 4. Like I told you at beginning of the year y’all would go 2 or 3 rounds deep then get beat. What happened? Y’all got 3 slouch teams and went nuts thinking you gonna go state 😂You May want start listening 

I agree your an Absolute Idiot

Some quick observations:

1. For the last two seasons, the Gilmer / PG rematch was a bigger margin than the first game.  In other words, PG improved more as the season progressed than Gilmer, and made better adjustments before the rematch. Disturbing. 

2. Gilmer needed to be mistake free to win this game, and needed to have PG make some mistakes.  Didn't happen. The pick six hurt, but the killer was the fumble on the opening kickoff of the second half. Throw in a false start on a 4th and 1, a holding penalty on a Gilmer TD, and another int, and Gilmer made more mistakes.  

3. If Mason Hurt had played, it might have been better, but I don't think it would have mattered.  Tennison didn't play bad.  The pick six was telegraphed, but other than that, he threw the ball well.  My biggest issue was he's a running QB, and they rarely intentionally ran with him. He had some great scrambles, but where was the zone read?  They needed to try to do something to slow down the PG pursuit, and I thought zone read would have helped. 

4. Losing Irons was a bigger loss than losing Hurt. Gilmer couldn't stop the PG offense at all. irons was the best defensive player for Gilmer, and he was missed big time. 

5. With that being said, I don think Gilmer could have beaten PG tonight even if they were 100% healthy.  PG was just that much better. 

Gilmer had a great season and has nothing to be ashamed of.  They made it a round further than they did they last two years.  They were tremendously better than last year.  They return most of their skill players, but they lose most everyone one the offensive and defensive line, and that will be hard to replace. But a good season and nothing to be ashamed of.  As for PG, they are the better program right now.  Hoping they go get another state championship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 36gut said:

Basically, they've already won it. The next two games are mere formalities. Only chance those opponents have would be if the Hawks failed to show up at the appointed day and time.

2 minutes ago, Ftbforlife said:

I agree your an Absolute Idiot

Man don’t pay him no attention he still hurt about his cousin and now he’s a weed head 

12 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man don’t pay him no attention he still hurt about his cousin and now he’s a weed head 

🏀🏀🏀😂😂😂 Guru there always next year no wait I forgot Carthage will be in d2 never mind y’all D line was better this year than last year if that make you feel better 

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

Yes, Waco Connally was undefeated and ranked 2nd in state.  Clearly a slouch team. Yes, almost everyone thought the winner of this team would win state. Clearly Gilmer underperformed this year. 

3 hours ago, futfan said:

Nick Martin with the pick. 
Another Gilmer turnover. 
looks like PG solved the problems they had with the Buckeye passing game. 

The best team won, but Gilmer's starting qb didn't play because of injury and he is their passer. Tennison is better know as their running qb.

The PG rushing attack is ridiculous. You could actually see Gilmer wearing down on defense. like usual Gilmer stepped up to stop the run and Pg converted 3 rd downs in the air. Just a dominant win by PG. Great season to Gilmer y’all really missed some key players that were injured. Also the Gilmer faithful packed out Lobo! 

Great season Gilmer! This is now a great football rivalry. PG always had great athletes but now they have a great coach/mentor who believes and loves these kids. Gilmer has great kids this should be fun for years to come. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Yes, Waco Connally was undefeated and ranked 2nd in state.  Clearly a slouch team. Yes, almost everyone thought the winner of this team would win state. Clearly Gilmer underperformed this year. 

You right WC was undefeated but look at who did they play? The best team they played was Palestine. Plus WC was a one dimensional team. They run every play. I said Gilmer had a good D line. This year was the weakest D2 ever been across the state. All the power houses are in D1. PG is just that much better than all of the D2 teams. They will win state with ease!

23 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

This year was the weakest D2 ever been across the state. All the power houses are in D1. PG is just that much better than all of the D2 teams. They will win state with ease!

Carthage will look to change that next two seasons. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, Hawks2021 said:

If Gilmer is probably the 2nd best team in 4AD2 and PG is the best - then PG is just better.  It is no slight to Gilmer.  

But look at it this way:

QB - PG

RB - PG

WR - Wash

OL- PG

DL- PG

LB-PG

DB-PG 

Special Teams- PG

maybe an argument can be made that Gilmer has a group that is a wash with PG - then ok - but no realistic argument can be made that any unit is better than PG.

As good as Gilmer is and has been this year, PG is just a little bit better across the board.  That's why PG has won the last 4 meetings and blew out Gilmer in last year's playoffs.

I’ve changed my mind 

QB - Wash

RB -PG

WR -Gilmer

OL-PG +++++++++++++++++

DL-PG++++++++++++++++++

LB-PG

DB-Wash 

Special Teams-Wash 

I still say Gilmer QB in your system would be better

RB y’all got a flock of them jokers that are flat good 

WR. Yalls aren’t asked to do much ours are 

OL OMG that’s the heart of your O Harmon and RB’s should show them lots of appreciation 

DL very impressive they make decent Offensives look horrible 

DB yalls get picks because of that incredible DLine 

Congratulations on a great win! Hope we can be better competition next season! 

1 hour ago, Maineman1988 said:

I’ve changed my mind 

QB - Wash

RB -PG

WR -Gilmer

OL-PG +++++++++++++++++

DL-PG++++++++++++++++++

LB-PG

DB-Wash 

Special Teams-Wash 

I still say Gilmer QB in your system would be better

RB y’all got a flock of them jokers that are flat good 

WR. Yalls aren’t asked to do much ours are 

OL OMG that’s the heart of your O Harmon and RB’s should show them lots of appreciation 

DL very impressive they make decent Offensives look horrible 

DB yalls get picks because of that incredible DLine 

Congratulations on a great win! Hope we can be better competition next season! 

I can go with most of this but the QB comparison. That PG kid has a state title, a runner up, and who knows this year. I think any sort of comparison between these two is erroneous. PG kid is a gamer, he may not be as athletic, but hands down is a better QB (RIGHT NOW). There are zero stats you can show that indicates otherwise. We can talk all day about what the kid from Gilmer could be, but until numbers support it, no one who follows football is going to buy into that thought.

12 hours ago, 36gut said:

PG treats every opponent as if they were equal in talent.  PG has had a couple of off games this year for sure.  They absolutely have one of the best coaches in 4A.  He takes every game seriously and takes no one for granted.  The team as a whole keeps it humble and classy to include the coaching staff and fans.  An indicator is the number of pages their games usually have.  Normally pretty short with their opponents doing most the talking.

30 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

I can go with most of this but the QB comparison. That PG kid has a state title, a runner up, and who knows this year. I think any sort of comparison between these two is erroneous. PG kid is a gamer, he may not be as athletic, but hands down is a better QB (RIGHT NOW). There are zero stats you can show that indicates otherwise. We can talk all day about what the kid from Gilmer could be, but until numbers support it, no one who follows football is going to buy into that thought.

You can’t compare tennison to hormon. He has 3 years on tennison and tennison only started against wc and pg. and very little during the season. 🤷🏾‍♂️  Good job hormon. And good job tennison I think. 

28 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

with PG’s OLine And scheme and what is asked of him To do. 6-8-68 yards 2TD’s 1 INT He does an outstanding job. Congrats on the win!