PantherNation2015

Midlothian Heritage vs Carthage  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Midlothian Heritage
    • Carthage

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

Unexpected, I thought with the coin flip they would be somewhere a little bigger then Jacksonville!!

The Star was taken Fri but open Thurs.  That's not a good choice for Carthage students and fans getting home at 2am and then going to school/work.  Gilmer/PG had Lobo locked up Fri for their expected matchup.  Neither wanted to play Sat.  Carthage has played in Jax twice already this year.  Very nice accommodations for the players and fans once in the stadium.  Only drawback is parking.  Just plan for it and get there early.  Enjoy some good food in downtown Jax.  

17 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The Star was taken Fri but open Thurs.  That's not a good choice for Carthage students and fans getting home at 2am and then going to school/work.  Gilmer/PG had Lobo locked up Fri for their expected matchup.  Neither wanted to play Sat.  Carthage has played in Jax twice already this year.  Very nice accommodations for the players and fans once in the stadium.  Only drawback is parking.  Just plan for it and get there early.  Enjoy some good food in downtown Jax.  

Was Rose spoken for?

Would've rather it been tyler but not going to complain about playing in jax.

I still think my idea about jax isd offering shuttle rides via rail car is a cool one but I think we'll do the same as before and park across from the Draft House down the road from the front of tomato bowl, have a burger and brew, and walk the half mile or so to the stadium.

52 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Will Carthage get the same ref crew that gave them the game last year?

Or the same crew that gave MH a td when it wasn't?  THOSE refs?  Lol Don't worry,  from what most are saying it won't be as close to last year, but in the interest of fairness,  I don't recall many people expecting a close one last year either. 

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Will you be there?  Would like your assessment of the Dawgs progression from that week 1 game to now.

Yep I’ll be on the field next to the Home locker room— Carthage. 

From Week 1 to the Athens playoff game I attended, I really didn’t see any difference. Just a well oiled machine offensively. The QB has really settled down and looks so efficient, great mechanics. Need another RB to step up if something happens to Mason. MH may force Carthage to throw more, so Dixon needs to do what he does. OL could be the difference for Carthage to control the ball as MH can score. 

Defensively, looks like the secondary has improved as they didn’t let Harrells Athens offense have anything on the bubble or tunnel screens those offenses try to do. Very high pressure on the edges, better than Week 1 vs. Jacksonville, although y’all shut down our D1 receiver Carpenter. 

Carthage just doesn’t beat themselves. That is HUGE this time of year. Great teams are kind of mechanical the way they win, like Alabama, New England....They don’t fumble, throw picks, or get stupid penalties. That’s Carthage. 

Carthage 42-20. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Or the same crew that gave MH a td when it wasn't?  THOSE refs?  Lol Don't worry,  from what most are saying it won't be as close to last year, but in the interest of fairness,  I don't recall many people expecting a close one last year either. 

Or the ones that blew a fumble dead that Carthage scored a TD on. Refs were bad for both sides.

• Like 1

I look for Carthage to move the best corner to wherever #8 is, as long as #8 isn’t in the slot.  That corner has become pretty much a shut down corner in press coverage, when the WR doesn’t have blinding speed. 
Missing one starting LB was enough but missing 2 has shown up in the yardage given up the last 2 weeks. Will be missing a sub/2nd teamer on defense for the rest of the season. 

13 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I look for Carthage to move the best corner to wherever #8 is, as long as #8 isn’t in the slot.  That corner has become pretty much a shut down corner in press coverage, when the WR doesn’t have blinding speed. 
Missing one starting LB was enough but missing 2 has shown up in the yardage given up the last 2 weeks. Will be missing a sub/2nd teamer on defense for the rest of the season. 

Biggest challenge this week for the Dawg D is mental IMO.  #8 will be talking from the opening snap.  Dawgs players need to keep their mouth shut and play football.  Can’t afford to get a 15 yard penalty in retaliation or for taunting.  Just win convincingly and it will speak for itself.  

I hate it for #70.  I saw it happen and new it was bad.  The other Dawg player basically leg whipped him trying to make the tackle.  I’m guessing it was a broken leg by the reaction of the coaching staff.