85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Midlothian Heritage
    • Carthage

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, Matt said:

There’s plenty of room, Nac. 
Welcome back, Carthage!! 

Wasn't about the room, I just expected a larger stadium. Carthage doesn't have to deal with it as much since they play for state so much.Some teams look to play at the biggest stadium to take away the shock of playing at ATT. Heard a few coaches in these playoffs talking about doing it that way.

20 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Wasn't about the room, I just expected a larger stadium. Carthage doesn't have to deal with it as much since they play for state so much.Some teams look to play at the biggest stadium to take away the shock of playing at ATT. Heard a few coaches in these playoffs talking about doing it that way.

Then there are coaches who would rather play in a stadium that will be 70 to 100% full for the excitement/buzz feel behind your team.  Compared to a stadium that is 50 % or less full with everybody spread out and comfortable. 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Then there are coaches who would rather play in a stadium that will be 70 to 100% full for the excitement/buzz feel behind your team.  Compared to a stadium that is 50 % or less full with everybody spread out and comfortable. 

I am much more in favor of smaller stadium and packing it out!! Full and loud is much more fun!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Ah, I see, OK. Tomato Bowl won a state- wide award recently for redoing a downtown building / facility. Beat out a lot of towns across the state. Pretty big deal, I understand. so it’s been getting some publicity.  I agree with other comments, you get 7000-8000 in there and it’ll be electric. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ah, I see, OK. Tomato Bowl won a state- wide award recently for redoing a downtown building / facility. Beat out a lot of towns across the state. Pretty big deal, I understand. so it’s been getting some publicity.  I agree with other comments, you get 7000-8000 in there and it’ll be electric. 

Stadium is nice, parking is a nightmare ....

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Facility looks great, wasn't bashing the town or the stadium. Just expected bigger like Waco, Mesquite Memorial. I know they wanted the Star but it was booked on Friday. Not sure how my comment hurt feelings but ok.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Facility looks great, wasn't bashing the town or the stadium. Just expected bigger like Waco, Mesquite Memorial. I know they wanted the Star but it was booked on Friday. Not sure how my comment hurt feelings but ok.

Oh no, I didn’t take it that way at all. No hurt feelings here!  I’m also kind of surprised they aren’t playing somewhere bigger... but our city is excited the game is here! 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh no, I didn’t take it that way at all. No hurt feelings here!  I’m also kind of surprised they aren’t playing somewhere bigger... but our city is excited the game is here! 

The crowd last year at The Star for this game was awesome.  I expect the same this Fri with the weather looking favorable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I like it. Little change of scenery.

There's good competition to be had in D2.

I agree they aren't handing you the title just because you guys got the Goat on the sidelines and Titletown. West Orange and PG are still out there. If you think about it no difference in D1..

D2 West Orange Carthage PG

Lesser roles Celina Gilmer Wimberly

D1 Arygle Vega Carthage 

Everybody else

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Our thread is dead!  Maybe we win Fri and next week will be better.

I agree 100%...been pretty dead this week. Dawgs take care of business Fri night and we move on to the next round...which I strongly believe will be Lampasas.

• Like 1

Just now, ProfDMC said:

I agree 100%...been pretty dead this week. Dawgs take care of business Fri night and we move on to the next round...which I strongly believe will be Lampasas.

Springtown is playing the Cinderella card. Beat a pretty good Andrews team soundly. Lampasas hasn't really faced stiff competition. They are playing video games numbers on offense. Not Arygle level lol.