Midlothian Heritage vs Carthage

PantherNation2015

Midlothian Heritage vs Carthage  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Midlothian Heritage
    • Carthage

This poll is closed to new votes

Does anyone know why we didn't get a KGAS Larry Allen/Surratt Pigskin Preview video yesterday...like we normally get on Thursdays? I heard a snippet from the interview on the morning news, but I'd like to watch the full video. Just wondering....

3 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

Does anyone know why we didn't get a KGAS Larry Allen/Surratt Pigskin Preview video yesterday...like we normally get on Thursdays? I heard a snippet from the interview on the morning news, but I'd like to watch the full video. Just wondering....

YouTube shows that his last week show didn't come out until Friday...…….Maybe check later today. 

edit that...…..that was Nov. 29, 2018 that I saw...…...........but it still could possibly be done today

16 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

I bet it posts later this morning.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

I messaged them on Facebook this morning asking about it but have not heard back yet 

• Like 1

A Carthage win would have Carthage eliminating 3 of the 4 playoff teams out of district 9-4A.

I am not sure I have seen that happen before, with 1 team eliminating an entire district. I am sure it has happened but I just happened to notice it.

29 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

A Carthage win would have Carthage eliminating 3 of the 4 playoff teams out of district 9-4A.

I am not sure I have seen that happen before, with 1 team eliminating an entire district. I am sure it has happened but I just happened to notice it.

A La Vega wins it means they would of eliminated 3 of the 4 teams from district 7 if Argyle wins the will do the same against district 6 .  

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Finally someone who can comprehend a full sentence and not just the parts they want to see!

here is are some quotes I got from a friend of mine in heritage.  “We aren’t as talented individually.  However, compared to last year we tackle as a team and play way better defense.  Our offense still ticks just not as explosive.”  This guy is a season ticket holder and nothing more.  I didn’t bother Greg, their AT, this week because the playoffs are busy times when our teams are still playing.

Can you see where we are coming from? They lost to kennedale and lost to Lavega even worst than the last time. Then they barely beat Henderson. Seems like a stretch.Heck even with the offense not being as explosive comment that in itself says they're not the same caliber.  

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Can you see where we are coming from? They lost to kennedale and lost to Lavega even worst than the last time. Then they barely beat Henderson. Seems like a stretch. Heck even with the offense not being as explosive comment that in itself says they're not the same caliber. 

Just thought I'd quote myself for the heck of it

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Can you see where we are coming from? They lost to kennedale and lost to Lavega even worst than the last time. Then they barely beat Henderson. Seems like a stretch.Heck even with the offense not being as explosive comment that in itself says they're not the same caliber.  

I completely get your arguments.  And from an outside perspective I would believe the same.  Their defensive line was much improved from what I saw at the scrimmage.  The QB is better than he looks.  The kid last year looked like he could throw it 60 yards.  The kid this year can do it, but doesn’t look like he could.  

if they are as cohesive as my friend tells me, they may put up a good fight.  But like you guys have said, my eyeballs have only seen what happened 15 weeks ago and that is me comparing it to what I saw 1 yr and 15 weeks ago.  

take that for what it’s worth.  I see them every year as the beginning product.  Everything else I get are from my 2 friends that are closely connected to the school there, which could be from tinted glasses ;) 

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I completely get your arguments.  And from an outside perspective I would believe the same.  Their defensive line was much improved from what I saw at the scrimmage.  The QB is better than he looks.  The kid last year looked like he could throw it 60 yards.  The kid this year can do it, but doesn’t look like he could.  

if they are as cohesive as my friend tells me, they may put up a good fight.  But like you guys have said, my eyeballs have only seen what happened 15 weeks ago and that is me comparing it to what I saw 1 yr and 15 weeks ago.  

take that for what it’s worth.  I see them every year as the beginning product.  Everything else I get are from my 2 friends that are closely connected to the school there, which could be from tinted glasses ;) 

Yeah I definitely believe they will put up a fight though. I do not trust high school kids at all so anything could happen tonight LOL

I don't care what they talk about on ChalkTalk or Preview just please don't ask Coach Surratt or Preston about what Carthage will do to stop opponents or what we will do on offense!  Let our opponents guess. Format should go like this...                      Ready on the Set.   Quiet on the Set...Lights...Roll Cameras...Action!                     Segment 1 and Only Segment:  EST SHOT: INT.   Larry Allen:  Welcome to Chalk Talk Bulldog Fans. I'm here with Coach Surratt.     Coach, can you tell us a little  bit  about what strategy you might use to defeat Midlothian Heritage??                                                     Coach Surratt: Sure Larry, as soon as the clock runs out on the 4th Quarter. See ya next week folks for another episode of ChalkTalk! Bye!                        END: FADE                                

• Stinks 2

3 minutes ago, house said:

in two interviews with surratt, he has stated, "it will be a tough game".    

Surratt does a good job of disguising his real feelings on the matchup each week.  He always compliments the other team and always says one or more of their players will be the best we have played all year.  Then he says we have a few advantages but will have to play our best game to win.

Most teams have good games/bad games and even good parts of games/bad parts of games...………….M H and Kennedale had to be a bad game resulting in a lose...…….M H and Mabank had to be a bad game but still a win...……….Carthage didn't play very well against a couple of teams, and even a good part of the Gilmer game but still got wins

My guess is good Carthage against good M H will result in a Carthage win

But bad Carthage and good M H could be nailbiter.

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Most teams have good games/bad games and even good parts of games/bad parts of games...………….M H and Kennedale had to be a bad game resulting in a lose...…….M H and Mabank had to be a bad game but still a win...……….Carthage didn't play very well against a couple of teams, and even a good part of the Gilmer game but still got wins

My guess is good Carthage against good M H will result in a Carthage win

But bad Carthage and good M H could be nailbiter.

MH is a big school and they always play tough ball. 

7 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Surratt does a good job of disguising his real feelings on the matchup each week.  He always compliments the other team and always says one or more of their players will be the best we have played all year.  Then he says we have a few advantages but will have to play our best game to win.

They call that Smart