PantherNation2015

Midlothian Heritage vs Carthage  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Midlothian Heritage
    • Carthage

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Champ1000 said:

Springtown is playing the Cinderella card. Beat a pretty good Andrews team soundly. Lampasas hasn't really faced stiff competition. They are playing video games numbers on offense. Not Arygle level lol.

Yea, I watched Lampasas last Saturday play Needville. Competition they've faced has been suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfDMC said:

Yea, I watched Lampasas last Saturday play Needville. Competition they've faced has been suspect.

Yes, but would be the most explosive offense Carthage has played this year(if both win this week). They have skill position guys who can go.  

11 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Yes, but would be the most explosive offense Carthage has played this year(if both win this week). They have skill position guys who can go.  

True but they also have some players that play O & D.  They were winded in the Needville game, but Needville was completely gassed.  And I wonder how their offense will function against an athletic front 7?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I agree they do..however, I do not feel that O-line has seen the caliber of defensive front (not even close to) that Carthage, PG or any other "good" caliber defense has....It would be an entirely different kind of animal for that offense, IMO.

1 minute ago, ProfDMC said:

I agree they do..however, I do not feel that O-line has seen the caliber of defensive front (not even close to) that Carthage, PG or any other "good" caliber defense has....It would be an entirely different kind of animal for that offense, IMO.

And Lampasas D will struggle to stop Carthage O.  Needville had lots of success on the deep pass and their WR’s are not at the same level of Carthage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You think they are better in 2019 than 2018?

Seeing them up close in our scrimmage, I’d say absolutely.  That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.

better individual talent last year, better team this year.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seeing them up close in our scrimmage, I’d say absolutely.  That was 13-14 weeks ago, but I talk with a few of their people often and they all say this team is better this year.

better individual talent last year, better team this year.

I watched the Mabank & Crandall games on NFHS this week.  I just don’t see them as being better this year over last year.  Thats just my opinion though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

Exactly! In the words of the great Bill Parcells..."You are what your record says you are..."

Haha a friend of mine says “MH’s record shows them at the same place as Carthage right now.” :lol:  but all 3 of their losses were to very quality teams and the 4th one was a forfeit due to an ineligible player after an ejection 

• LOL! 1

47 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Haha a friend of mine says “MH’s record shows them at the same place as Carthage right now.” :lol:  but all 3 of their losses were to very quality teams and the 4th one was a forfeit due to an ineligible player after an ejection 

So the 4th loss shows their coach doesn’t do a very good job...

And one of those losses was to Kennedale...I don’t think they were in the “quality team” category this season....

Edited by JBizzle
Added

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

You are trying to yank Dawg fans chain. 
I know you don’t believe MH is better with four losses. I do believe you know the Dawgs are a lot better this year than last year. 

I don't know about gathering info from a scrimmage this isn't always the best indicator. Hertiage is fortunate they're even here in my opinion. I don't wanna offend anyone but sounds  like the Dallas Cowboys. No quality wins in a lackluster District. I would be surprised if this was close. On the other hand you have a team bitter about last year that feels they were robbed. I still say 56-24 . Dawgs

6 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are trying to yank Dawg fans chain. 
I know you don’t believe MH is better with four losses. I do believe you know the Dawgs are a lot better this year than last year. 

Not completely false... look at their 3 losses this year and who they are to and compare to last years schedule.  And one of those “4 losses” was a forfeit that they won.