BearFan13

Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Pottsboro
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this is the 10th time GW has been to the QF’s? 

Could be. 1969, 1976 I think were 2 including those others  of yposted. Back then only 1 team made playoffs so less rounds. I don't believe we have ever been past quarterfinals but I could be wrong.  I'm old. My memory isn't that great. 😂

Editing this because other post shows us as semi-finalists one year.

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
25 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

That dude on the app said 3 of Pottsboro’s wide receivers were a speed threat. Bless his soul. 

Don't get me started on him. He's something else. I think he's getting tired of me now. Lol

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Their team could win state in 4A division 1 the way they talk.

They have a very good team but it isn’t because of speed.  I honestly don’t think they’ve seen the kind of speed they’ll see on Friday all season. The Rb from Gunter got the edge on them consistently. We can’t win this with speed alone. The kids up front will have to do their jobs!

18 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

They have a very good team but it isn’t because of speed.  I honestly don’t think they’ve seen the kind of speed they’ll see on Friday all season. The Rb from Gunter got the edge on them consistently. We can’t win this with speed alone. The kids up front will have to do their jobs!

They are good but they make their team out to be something it isn’t. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Their team could win state in 4A division 1 the way they talk.

Hell, sounds like nobody should even show up and it's there's from some of them. Yes they a good well coach team, not a lot of that really stands out. 

18 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Hell, sounds like nobody should even show up and it's there's from some of them. Yes they a good well coach team, not a lot of that really stands out. 

Actually that is the only thing that stands out to me. They are well coached and play as a team. Sometimes that can be enough. I hope it isn’t enough on Friday. Our boys are also well coached and play as a team. The difference is we have some kids who do stand out athletically. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Actually that is the only thing that stands out to me. They are well coached and play as a team. Sometimes that can be enough. I hope it isn’t enough on Friday. Our boys are also well coached and play as a team. The difference is we have some kids who do stand out athletically. 

Jimmy's and Joes > X's and O's

20 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

From what I've heard Bears open the season in 2020 with Gilmer.

Yep. I’ve also heard the possibility of even two other top notch programs on the schedule. Regardless I think we all plan on playing a few more games this season first ;) 

18 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

why not call carthage there dropping down to 4a d2

Would love a non district schedule that includes Gilmer, Carthage & Pleasant Grove . I was just sitting here wondering who I would want for that 4th game. We've always played a tough non district schedule so let's just go all out and make it brutal. It can only make us better and I totally believe my Bears are up to the challenge.

Of course right now we have to take down a really good Pottsboro team.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Would love a non district schedule that includes Gilmer, Carthage & Pleasant Grove . I was just sitting here wondering who I would want for that 4th game. We've always played a tough non district schedule so let's just go all out and make it brutal. It can only make us better and I totally believe my Bears are up to the challenge.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Might get your wish from what I heard, but I agree. We are always battle tested. 

44 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Throw Spring Hill into that mix and I would be a ok with it.... SH should continue to improve with Louiver there plus that game would be fun every year to just play vs him.... Other than SH might I suggest keeping Atlanta? They are normally in the thick of things. As for a "new" opponent how about Lindale?

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Throw Spring Hill into that mix and I would be a ok with it.... SH should continue to improve with Louiver there plus that game would be fun every year to just play vs him.... Other than SH might I suggest keeping Atlanta? They are normally in the thick of things. As for a "new" opponent how about Lindale?

How about koff? 😉

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, bearnation said:

We did our part to schedule yall this year, yall did not....... 😉

I was just throwing it out there. Lol. I wouldn't mind seeing it though. I think we would keep on playing the teams that we already got on the schedule. It's not bad Teague, rains, GV, Mexia, and SH. I'd like us to play someone else than rains. Teague is a rivalry game for us now.