Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BearFan13

Pottsboro vs. Gladewater - Regional Final

Who ya got?   

91 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who ya got?

    • Pottsboro
      32
    • Gladewater
      59


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Proud of the no quit in this group. Lost the turnover battle by a good margin, shot ourselves in the foot and had a chance to win it on last play of game. 

Yeah I think a better play call could have been made. Hope they don't try to crucify Berry for the decision/play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yeah I think a better play call could have been made. Hope they don't try to crucify Berry for the decision/play

Nothing wrong with the decision. I was saying go for it from the jump. Especially how we had continuously shot ourselves in the foot. I didn’t agree with going through the air. I thought we were having our way with them for the most part running inside the tackles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Nothing wrong with the decision. I was saying go for it from the jump. Especially how we had continuously shot ourselves in the foot. I didn’t agree with going through the air. I thought we were having our way with them for the most part running inside the tackles. 

Great coaching. Berry probably figured Pottsboro wouldn’t be expecting a pass but they were ready for it. Pottsboro has the good juju with them right now. They are also a very good team. Y’all be careful traveling back home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bclove05 said:

Great coaching. Berry probably figured Pottsboro wouldn’t be expecting a pass but they were ready for it. Pottsboro has the good juju with them right now. They are also a very good team. Y’all be careful traveling back home. 

Yep gets to be a game of inched this late in the season. I do think of the bears played their best that they would have won this one in regulation.But at the end of the day you have to tip your hat to Pottsboro, they won the game that counted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they kind of have to rush that 2 pt try? It sounded like it on the radio so i wasn't sure. That could have made it a little more hectic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Nothing wrong with the decision. I was saying go for it from the jump. Especially how we had continuously shot ourselves in the foot. I didn’t agree with going through the air. I thought we were having our way with them for the most part running inside the tackles. 

You guys had a great season. Loved watching you guys when I could. Each game was down to the wire, great football. I'm sure people are going to be talking about it for a while, that's why I said that. I'm/we're still hearing about from last weeks game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

Yep gets to be a game of inched this late in the season. I do think of the bears played their best that they would have won this one in regulation.But at the end of the day you have to tip your hat to Pottsboro, they won the game that counted. 

I know that feeling as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

6 trips to the redzone and only 21 points....... hard to win a playoff game like that. 

Wow, did realize it was that many times. Nope you can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Wow, did realize it was that many times. Nope you can't. 

Yep, we really never struggled to move the ball. Sometimes getting down the field in 2-4 plays. Just not gladewaters night. Sick feeling for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Stats 

 

First Downs- Bears  22 Pottsboro  21

Rushing- Bears 45/238/3 TDs Pottsboro 45/151/2 TDs

Passing- Bears 14/25/278/TD/Int/Fum Pottsboro 11/18/242/3 TDs/Int

Punts- Bears 1/20 avg.  Pottsboro 2/34.5 avg.

Penalties- Bears 8/70 Pottsboro 7/46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

Final Stats 

 

First Downs- Bears  22 Pottsboro  21

Rushing- Bears 45/238/3 TDs Pottsboro 45/151/2 TDs

Passing- Bears 14/25/278/TD/Int/Fum Pottsboro 11/18/242/3 TDs/Int

Punts- Bears 1/20 avg.  Pottsboro 2/34.5 avg.

Penalties- Bears 8/70 Pottsboro 7/46

Thanks golfingnut. Didn’t know we outgained them by that much. Not a good feeling to have but I am super proud of this team and know we have a lot of success coming our way. This was just the beginning. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game Cardinals. Plyler and Lyons were outstanding. We tried everything we could and had great defense on them but Plyler put the ball where only his guys could get it. I know ya'll are glad they will still be around next year. Good luck next week against Brock.

 

Bears, don't hang your heads. You fought all night long and just came up short. You've had a great year. Work hard in the off season and come back next year with a vengeance.

To the Seniors;

Robby, no one can say you didn't give all you had this season and tonight. If I could give you the season MVP, I would in a heartbeat. We will miss you next year.

Kale, you stepped in this year when we lost Justice and you were great doing the kicking duties and outstanding on defense. 

Chris, Marcos R, Malachi P, Austin, Domanic, Zach V, Marcos H, Zach T, Ramzey, Tim, Darian & Jailyn, we wouldn't have gotten where we did without all ya'll seniors. You will be missed!!!!!!!!! 

Can't forget our leaders, our coaches. Berry, Clower, Lewis, Chadwick, Lindsey, Armstrong, Karcher, Yount, Clark, Langford, Floyd, Rivera, Hodges, Thomas & our Trainer Davis. Thanks coaches for giving the fans a great year to remember. Go get 'em next year!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Thanks golfingnut. Didn’t know we outgained them by that much. Not a good feeling to have but I am super proud of this team and know we have a lot of success coming our way. This was just the beginning. 

The beginning it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Great game Cardinals. Plyler and Lyons were outstanding. We tried everything we could and had great defense on them but Plyler put the ball where only his guys could get it. I know ya'll are glad they will still be around next year. Good luck next week against Brock.

 

Bears, don't hang your heads. You fought all night long and just came up short. You've had a great year. Work hard in the off season and come back next year with a vengeance.

To the Seniors;

Robby, no one can say you didn't give all you had this season and tonight. If I could give you the season MVP, I would in a heartbeat. We will miss you next year.

Kale, you stepped in this year when we lost Justice and you were great doing the kicking duties and outstanding on defense. 

Chris, Marcos R, Malachi P, Austin, Domanic, Zach V, Marcos H, Zach T, Ramzey, Tim, Darian & Jailyn, we wouldn't have gotten where we did without all ya'll seniors. You will be missed!!!!!!!!! 

Can't forget our leaders, our coaches. Berry, Clower, Lewis, Chadwick, Lindsey, Armstrong, Karcher, Yount, Clark, Langford, Floyd, Rivera, Hodges, Thomas & our Trainer Davis. Thanks coaches for giving the fans a great year to remember. Go get 'em next year!!!!!!

Robby has to be the MVP of the team. He’s a heck of a ball player and has been one of my favorite Bears to watch over time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

Robby has to be the MVP of the team. He’s a heck of a ball player and has been one of my favorite Bears to watch over time. 

That kid was everywhere and did everything!  He will be greatly missed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what I saw.

The boys didnt take care of the ball. Too many turnovers

Covering the pass was a chore. Too many big plays

Too many untimely penalties 

Pottsboro is a good team but I feel, overall, the Bears was the best team on paper. But hey, thats why they play the game.

Gwater coaches did a great job and the kids, most of the year, played well.

Congrats to the Pottsboro. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heart breaker. If we don’t have so many kicking issues earlier in game the Bears win it in Regulation. I would’ve gone for 2, it’s the right call. Congrats to Potts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Heart breaker. If we don’t have so many kicking issues earlier in game the Bears win it in Regulation. I would’ve gone for 2, it’s the right call. Congrats to Potts

I had no problem going for 2. The kids played their hearts out. I hated seeing the season end for the seniors but this is the start of something special for this group. This experience will make them better for the next few years. Pottsboro was a very good team and should be proud. I wish more things would have gone our way but the effort by the players and coaches was there all night. Congrats on a great season Bears!  The entire town is proud of you !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that was such a tough one. I think BearFan summed it up best with the red zone stats. Got down there relatively easy but the offense seemed to stall the closer they got to the goal line. Credit to Potts defense for stepping up when they had to. I definitely thought the turning point was when DJ made the incredible play and then got stripped. That was going to be a tie game and in a split second it was 21-7. Kudos to GW for fighting and getting back into it. I know it hurts now but you guys will very likely be back in the same position next year. #2 is just a flat out player and it was fun watching him last night. Will be missed for sure. Glad this Winny fan got to support you guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Man that was such a tough one. I think BearFan summed it up best with the red zone stats. Got down there relatively easy but the offense seemed to stall the closer they got to the goal line. Credit to Potts defense for stepping up when they had to. I definitely thought the turning point was when DJ made the incredible play and then got stripped. That was going to be a tie game and in a split second it was 21-7. Kudos to GW for fighting and getting back into it. I know it hurts now but you guys will very likely be back in the same position next year. #2 is just a flat out player and it was fun watching him last night. Will be missed for sure. Glad this Winny fan got to support you guys.

Thanks for the support. I have no doubt we will see you guys again next year. This one will sting for a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

this is what I saw.

The boys didnt take care of the ball. Too many turnovers

Covering the pass was a chore. Too many big plays

Too many untimely penalties 

Pottsboro is a good team but I feel, overall, the Bears was the best team on paper. But hey, thats why they play the game.

Gwater coaches did a great job and the kids, most of the year, played well.

Congrats to the Pottsboro. 

 

 

The attempted fake punt by pottsboro that didn’t fool anyone helped gwater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...