2019 Going Pro Early Thread

From BAMA, I figure WRs Jerry Jeudy, Devontae Smith and Henry Ruggs III, RB Najee Harris, QB Tua Tagavaiola, OL Jedrick Wills and Alex Leatherwood, S Xavier McKinney, and OLB Terrell Lewis will all declare. In addition, OLB Anfernee Jennings, DL Raekwon Davis, and DBs Trevon Diggs and Shyhiem Carter are out of eligibility. I expect senior ILB Josh McMillan to be granted a medical redshirt due to being injured in August and never playing a snap. 

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

From BAMA, I figure WRs Jerry Jeudy, Devontae Smith and Henry Ruggs III, RB Najee Harris, QB Tua Tagavaiola, OL Jedrick Wills and Alex Leatherwood, S Xavier McKinney, and OLB Terrell Lewis will all declare. In addition, OLB Anfernee Jennings, DL Raekwon Davis, and DBs Trevon Diggs and Shyhiem Carter are out of eligibility. I expect senior ILB Josh McMillan to be granted a medical redshirt due to being injured in August and never playing a snap. 

I know Bama will just reload but man, that’s a lot of production gone. 

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I know Bama will just reload but man, that’s a lot of production gone. 

Think Madubuike goes pro on the defense? Maybe Rogers? Ausbon? That’s three I could think off my head that could go pro.

59 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Wish that guy would have stayed committed to Oklahoma. It would have been fun to see him with Riley instead of trap in QB hell at TCU.

Him and Lamb on the same team would have been a cheat code. 

59 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Think Madubuike goes pro on the defense? Maybe Rogers? Ausbon? That’s three I could think off my head that could go pro.

Madu is this years Brown from Auburn. He could have left last year and been a 2-3rd guy but stayed and worked his way into a likely top 15 pick. I think Madu is similar. If he stays he will be one of the most talked about players in the country next year and get the hype Brown is getting this year. But it’s hard to pass up 2-3rd round money so I’m not sure if he’s back or not. 

I think Rogers and QDavis declare. With guys like Anias Smith and 5star demas coming in pushing for PT, those guys can’t really do much for their stock imo. Every game Rogers plays hurts his draft stock imo. He hasn’t looked good but about 3 games his whole career. I think Ausbon stays with Mond one more year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Wish that guy would have stayed committed to Oklahoma. It would have been fun to see him with Riley instead of trap in QB hell at TCU.

Not always easy to make good decisions when you're 17-18 years old.

Illustrates why recruits should take a closer look at the scope of a program (and how they fit within), rather than being dazzled by cool jerseys, pom-poms, and hype videos. 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:27 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Sounds like a prime opportunity for LSU and UGA to capitalize next year again.  

Of course, they’re both losing a lot as well. LSU is graduating the best QB to ever play there. Both will lose multiple players on defense. The top three in the SEC will remain the same, but LSU has some work to do to get to where they dominate year-in, year-out. 

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Of course, they’re both losing a lot as well. LSU is graduating the best QB to ever play there. Both will lose multiple players on defense. The top three in the SEC will remain the same, but LSU has some work to do to get to where they dominate year-in, year-out. 

I think you guys will be surprised that A&Ms in the top 2 in the west. They bring back literally almost everything, add a ton of talent in the skill positions that could contribute early, and everyone else loses so much. I’m not saying A&M is the favorite or anything, but I think they are a factor in the West all the way until the final week of the season. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I think you guys will be surprised that A&Ms in the top 2 in the west. They bring back literally almost everything, add a ton of talent in the skill positions that could contribute early, and everyone else loses so much. I’m not saying A&M is the favorite or anything, but I think they are a factor in the West all the way until the final week of the season. 

What teams from the East does A&M have on next year’s schedule?

18 hours ago, WETSU said:

If Mond is the QB with the OL even slightly improved, A&M will not finish higher than 3rd in the West

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

If Mond is the QB with the OL even slightly improved, A&M will not finish higher than 3rd in the West

That’s way too hard to tell. I saw a stat the other day that showed when Mond has a clean pocket, he was statistically above average, but the stat showed that he received on average .5 seconds less protection than the national average QB. That’s a big deal. Especially in an offense like A&Ms that is predicated on timing and a vertical passing game. I understand that he created a lot of that pressure on himself by bailing out of the pocket early sometimes or stepping into a defender, but he was hit SOO much last year. By seasons end many QBs would be a little gunshy and bailing early after a seasons worth of hits like Mond took. Hell most QBs wouldn’t have still been standing week 14 without missing any time after those amount of hits. 

He also didn’t have ANY running game help against the better teams. With even a little bit of a running game this is a different team all together. You know Jimbos offense needs to be able to run the ball. So jimbo will either have to address the running game issue or abandon his West coast ways and get the ball out of Monds hand quicker with more spread principals. 

I am not high on Mond. I think he’s slightly above average overall with a below average arm. But he’s serviceable given time and running game help. A&M might very well finish 3rd in the West, but if the Oline improves it won’t be because Mond isn’t good enough. He’s fine. Just needs a little help. He’s not capable of willing a team to victory. 

• Like 1

@WETSU Jimbo Fisher needs a RB, great OL and a QB with a huge arm.  That's what he won with at LSU and FSU.  If he can get those 3 things, A&M will be top 1-3 in the SEC every year if he can maintain it.  As soon as the OL fell off and he got a running QB instead of a big arm QB at FSU, his team fell apart.  

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

@WETSU Jimbo Fisher needs a RB, great OL and a QB with a huge arm.  That's what he won with at LSU and FSU.  If he can get those 3 things, A&M will be top 1-3 in the SEC every year if he can maintain it.  As soon as the OL fell off and he got a running QB instead of a big arm QB at FSU, his team fell apart.  

I’m not arguing that. I do think he’s adjusting. I think people just underestimate how bad his Oline he inherited at A&M was going to be. Last year McCoy masked a lot of problems. But by the numbers, the returning 3 starters from last years team graded out about the same this year as they did last year. They just are not good. I’m going to withhold judgment about Jimbo and his Oline issues until year 4. It takes 2-3 years for offensive lineman to develop. If in 2021 A&M is still weak on the Oline, I’ll start to worry. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I’m not arguing that. I do think he’s adjusting. I think people just underestimate how bad his Oline he inherited at A&M was going to be. Last year McCoy masked a lot of problems. But by the numbers, the returning 3 starters from last years team graded out about the same this year as they did last year. They just are not good. I’m going to withhold judgment about Jimbo and his Oline issues until year 4. It takes 2-3 years for offensive lineman to develop. If in 2021 A&M is still weak on the Oline, I’ll start to worry. 

Oh, I am not saying the issues are Jimbo's that he placed there...  Those are all on Stumblin Sumlin...  but without those 3 things that I mentioned, I don't see Jimbo competing for the conference.  He can recruit, so he will get those guys in.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Tua going pro.

If the 'Phins fail to draft him or Burrow, I'm *not gonna root for them anymore. 

* - I said the same thing when they didn't draft South Florida native Lamar Jackson...  but this time I mean it! 

5 minutes ago, AKA said:

If the 'Phins fail to draft him or Burrow, I'm *not gonna root for them anymore. 

* - I said the same thing when they didn't draft South Florida native Lamar Jackson...  but this time I mean it! 

What pick do the Dolphins have?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

What pick do the Dolphins have?

Fifth, I think.  If I recall correctly in front of them is Cincinnati, Washington, Detroit, and the Giants.

There's absolutely no way Burrow drops four picks...  but Tua might.