2019 Going Pro Early Thread

11 minutes ago, AKA said:

Fifth, I think.  If I recall correctly in front of them is Cincinnati, Washington, Detroit, and the Giants.

There's absolutely no way Burrow drops four picks...  but Tua might. 

Cincy needs a QB. Washington has Haskins (🤢.) Detroit paid Stafford but he’s getting older, dinged up. Giants don’t. That’s a decent shot unless somebody trades up. Raiders have two first rounders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Cincy needs a QB. Washington has Haskins (🤢.) Detroit paid Stafford but he’s getting older, dinged up. Giants don’t. That’s a decent shot unless somebody trades up. Raiders have two first rounders.

Yep, that's how I'm looking at it too.  👍

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I would go get Nick bosa this year then get the Clemson qb next year lol. They gonna be bad anyways might as well have a plan.

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Champ1000 said:

I would go get Nick bosa this year then get the Clemson qb next year lol. They gonna be bad anyways might as well have a plan.

You think San Fran would give up Bosa, even for a #1 pick? 

10 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Lol I meant Chase Young lol

It's certainly worth considering...  but I think Cincy's front office simple cannot afford to pass on Burrow, especially if he does to Clemson tomorrow night what he's done to everyone he's played this season. 

No doubt Chase Young will do well in the NFL, but the Bengals really need to make a change at QB. 

So Tua Tagavailoa and Chase Young have declared for the '20 draft. Anyone got news on any other prominent early entries?

Do you see Tua going early rounds, and do you think he'll really do well in the pros?

I still haven't seen an official announcement from Burrow, although everybody and their dog and their dog's favorite flea are predicting he's going #1 to the Bengals. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Burrow decides he's better off staying in Baton Rouge, unless he's pretty certain he can pull an Eli. 

11 minutes ago, AKA said:

It's certainly worth considering...  but I think Cincy's front office simple cannot afford to pass on Burrow, especially if he does to Clemson tomorrow night what he's done to everyone he's played this season. 

No doubt Chase Young will do well in the NFL, but the Bengals really need to make a change at QB. 

Yes I was saying both would be vital in terms of winning. Also a sure thing prospect burrow is difficult to pass up. Cinci will have that false hope that they will be a contender this year. The qb is half the battle and Lawerence could possibly fit that next year. Instead of going 3-13 two years in a row you could get an elite rusher and good qb in back to back years. 

Also not that it matters but NC is the 13th not tommorow. 16 days between games is kinda ridiculous lol. 

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Tua going pro.

Also, WR Jerry Jeudy, WR Henry Riggs III, OT Jedrick Wills, S Xavier McKinney, and OLB Terrell Lewis. RB Najee Harris has yet to declare, but I think he is a given. WR Devonta Smith and ILB Dylan Moses have both announced plans to return. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Also, WR Jerry Jeudy, WR Henry Riggs III, OT Jedrick Wills, S Xavier McKinney, and OLB Terrell Lewis. RB Najee Harris has yet to declare, but I think he is a given. WR Devonta Smith and ILB Dylan Moses have both announced plans to return. 

I’d like to see one of them WRs fall to 17 for Dallas. Probably won’t be Juedy but Ruggs would be nice.

36 minutes ago, Stoney said:

UGA QB Jacob Fromm going pro. 

I believe he gonna be better than expected. He is overshadowed by Tua , burrow, and the Oregon kid. Had pretty bad year this year by his standards. I could see a team like a Pittsburgh taking a chance on him.

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

UGA QB Jacob Fromm going pro. 

I get a very strong "Tom Brady" vibe from him.

Meaning...  I can see him drafted later than some of the bigger names, but I'll wager he turns out to be a better pro QB. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not sold on Tua. I would draft Hurts over him. Tua gets in with a good team - good system, quality players - I'm sure he does well, or at least okay. He's not a "gamechanger" like Jackson or Mahomes. You've got Burrow, and then Tua and Fromm and Hurts and this Utah QB Love that scouts are high on...

10 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Honestly, I'm not sold on Tua. I would draft Hurts over him. Tua gets in with a good team - good system, quality players - I'm sure he does well, or at least okay. He's not a "gamechanger" like Jackson or Mahomes. You've got Burrow, and then Tua and Fromm and Hurts and this Utah QB Love that scouts are high on...

I'm not sold on Tua as a pro QB either, I don't think he will hold up physically over a long NFL season ... if he goes to a team that can protect him, he would be alright, but the top QBs generally end up on bad teams more times than not ...

• Like 1