The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
H3llR4z0r

UIL Cutoff Numbers

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all ready to be district mates again. Surely one of us can make the playoffs. Lol

Im not sold on Tatum and Atlanta being in the same district. Tatum stays around the I20 area and Atlanta stays I30 

16 minutes ago, Horns85 said:

Im not sold on Tatum and Atlanta being in the same district. Tatum stays around the I20 area and Atlanta stays I30 

They lost like three teams from D7..

Dang, there are a BUNCH of 4A schools that don't play football...………I knew there were a few, but not that many

14 minutes ago, CardinalEdge said:

My Opinion

Atlanta, GW, Sabine, White Oak, Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston

Mineola, Winnsboro, Mt Vernon go towards Dallas

That makes too much sense so you can scratch that idea. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

They lost like three teams from D7..

Atlanta, Jefferson, New Boston, Winnsboro, Mount Vernon and someone else 

4 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

LMAO

Y’all lose to 3AD2 schools. Y’all won’t be an issue for Carthage. 

1 hour ago, Horns85 said:

Atlanta, Jefferson, New Boston, Winnsboro, Mount Vernon and someone else 

Could be but I don’t see it. I see it East/West this time around. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Could be but I don’t see it. I see it East/West this time around. 

If you do East/West then you do the above mentioned and Commerce and you have East / West besides Jefferson being the odd one 

2 hours ago, CardinalEdge said:

My Opinion

Atlanta, GW, Sabine, White Oak, Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston

Mineola, Winnsboro, Mt Vernon, Commerce, Rains

Since this is football only(not traveling for all sports) my guess would be that New Boston would change districts - to make 6 and 6. 

5 hours ago, Hawks2021 said:

Well - PG (if we keep it rolling next year) would face Carthage in the state championship - what a fun game that would be.

Carthage has got to be the odds on favorite for the next two years in 4AD2 for sure....

Carthage could move to Region 2 and if so PG would face them in the Regional final if both make it.  We will all know come February.

11 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Carthage could move to Region 2 and if so PG would face them in the Regional final if both make it.  We will all know come February.

How do you know it would be the 4th round and not sooner(unless you think they will be in the same district) ? Four district champions in each region.  Can meet another district champion in the 3rd round. 

6 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. The UIL sent Tatum south with Jasper a few years ago so I can easily see Carthage going South. 

We been down that road before a few times before the split into Div 1 and 2....Some lengthy drives....

9 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. The UIL sent Tatum south with Jasper a few years ago so I can easily see Carthage going South. 

Lol. Yes that when they some kinda way decided that we should be in Region 2.  Wouldn't shock me one bit if they did it again this realignment.

9 hours ago, Slickarick said:

some numbers on the pdf are different than the turn in numbers. I have a friend that teaches at rio vista and they turned in 219 it shows 438. wonder if any others are off on that pdf list. 

Yes Rio Vista turned in 219 as an enrollment.  Rio Vista will drop from 3ADiv. 2 to 2A Div. 1.  Look for Rio Vista to get put into the sane district as Itasca , Bosqueville, etc....

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

How do you know it would be the 4th round and not sooner(unless you think they will be in the same district) ? Four district champions in each region.  Can meet another district champion in the 3rd round. 

That is correct and that is a possibility.   

11 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all ready to be district mates again. Surely one of us can make the playoffs. Lol

Ha ha.... Ha

I’d rather PG, Gilmer, or whoever from Region 2 faces a Region 3 Carthage in a state championship game than Carthage in Region 2 knocking out basically all the top teams in 4AD2 before the semifinal, that would make for a rather boring state championship game. The only non-Region 2 team I could see maaaybee putting up a decent game with Carthage is WOS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mTex said:

I’d rather PG, Gilmer, or whoever from Region 2 faces a Region 3 Carthage in a state championship game than Carthage in Region 2 knocking out basically all the top teams in 4AD2 before the semifinal, that would make for a rather boring state championship game. The only non-Region 2 team I could see maaaybee putting up a decent game with Carthage is WOS.

I agree. Plus, with China Spring probably coming in to Region 2....there will be some great playoff games. Looking at the districts as well as the geography, I just don't see how they don't go south with Jasper. That district is losing two teams, so someone is going to have to replace them. In my opinion, I think it is Carthage and Rusk.

13 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

4 d1 schools dropping that could impact regions.... West Rusk, Hughes Springs, Franklin, George West

Hooks dropping also

23 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all lose to 3AD2 schools. Y’all won’t be an issue for Carthage. 

Man I felt that burn. Straight savage

• Stinks 1