UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

Going with Longview, John Tyler, McKinney North, Royse City, Sherman, West Mesquite and Wylie East for our district.

With both Forneys staying in 5Ad2 and no Mesquite Poteet opt up, that's the only thing I can think of.

Frisco ISD will have District 5 again, 2 Carrollton ISDs PLUS 6 DISDs schools, you have to think Highland Park will join both of those school districts again.

Mansfield ISD with 3 schools is out on a bit of an outside island with the rest of west DFW, so bringing them into a district with Red Oak/Lancaster/Midlothian makes sense.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hawks2021 said:

I'm guessing we lose SH and stay at a 5 team district w/ N Lamar.  So NL and LE fight to get into the playoffs next year.  Who would have ever thought that LE would have to fight NL to get into the playoffs.... SMH

Looking at the map, it would make sense for Rusk to go south. I use I-20 as the boundary to separate the districts. Rusk is closer to the southern teams in District 9.

Rusk, Carthage, Center, Jasper, Shepherd.

PG, LE, NL, SH, Gilmer

Van, Bullard, Brownsboro, Canton, Wills Point

9 minutes ago, swaha said:

Looking at the map, it would make sense for Rusk to go south. I use I-20 as the boundary to separate the districts. Rusk is closer to the southern teams in District 9.

Rusk, Carthage, Center, Jasper, Shepherd.

PG, LE, NL, SH, Gilmer

Van, Bullard, Brownsboro, Canton, Wills Point

So u just gonna leave out Pitt 

• Thanks 1

This 5a realignment feels very weird compared to the last few. 

I think one district will be-

1.Mesquite Poteet

2.Forney

3.North Forney

4.Terrell

5.Crandall

6.Ennis 

7.Corsicana

This district just makes sense as all these communities touch each other. Well maybe not Corsicana

Then the East Texas group gets cloudy-Losing Lindale and adding Texas High-Royce City going D1 changes what they could do with that far northern group.

There aren't a lot of options for Greenville and SS other than with MT P. and TH.

Then you have the group of Hallsville, Marshall and Pine tree

Then the grouping of Whitehouse, Jacksonville and Nac

All together it is 10 teams, they will either have to create 9 teams district sending Nac south or break up a set of triplets and do 2 east texas districts.

Would they push Tx H, Mt P, Greenville and SS to north metroplex and leave a 6 team district in east texas?

The extreme south has Huntsville, Bryan Rudder, Montgomery, Lake Creek and A&M Consolidated stuck out by themselves as well, maybe they move Brenham into that District and closer to home. They current in a district with marble falls which is almost 3 hours between the towns

So my initial thoughts just based off of dividing them equally based off geography would be something like this without including Lone Oak or Edgewood.

• Hooks
  • Dekalb
  • Redwater
  • Queen City
  • Paul Pewitt
  • Daingerfield
  • Hughes Springs

• Waskom
  • EF
  • Harleton
  • West Rusk
  • Arp
  • New Diana
  • Ore City

• Grand Saline
  • Alba Golden
  • Harmony
  • Winona
  • Frankston
  • Quitman
  • Troup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I think it would make sense for these schools to be in districts like these for proximity.

E.T. District 1:  Bullard, Brownsboro, Van, Wills Point, Canton, and Rusk

E.T. District 2:  North Lamar, Pleasant Grove, Pittsburg, Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, and Spring Hill

It looks like Carthage may go south, unless they push Rusk southwest.

SH could get booted out and moved down. One realignment prediction had them with Carthage, rusk, etc. Will be interesting to see where they go. 

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I agree.  I think this year was an anomaly.  Their new coach had to establish the discipline they needed.  Their schedule certainly hurt them.  Now, it's a matter of whether the team buys into his program.  They are always very athletic, but have lacked discipline at times.  They will be much more competitive next season, in my opinion.  The year after, they probably challenge for a district title.

Agree. A different non district schedule will help. And have to get the discipline under control. 

24 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

So my initial thoughts just based off of dividing them equally based off geography would be something like this without including Lone Oak or Edgewood.

• Hooks
  • Dekalb
  • Redwater
  • Queen City
  • Paul Pewitt
  • Daingerfield
  • Hughes Springs

• Waskom
  • EF
  • Harleton
  • West Rusk
  • Arp
  • New Diana
  • Ore City

• Grand Saline
  • Alba Golden
  • Harmony
  • Winona
  • Frankston
  • Quitman
  • Troup

Where does Paris Chisum and Prairiland go as well as Edgewood and Lone Oak--troup could go with Arp and Edgewood and Lone oak with Grand Salines district  then they still have to put chisum and Prairiland somewhere