UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

Not sure where they'll send Celina, to be honest. Last time the Bobcats were in Div. II, they spent time out west in Region I and also, during the last cycle, in Region II. I personally hope they stay in Region II, where the competition will undoubtedly be higher. But Celina has some talent coming back and up through the ranks. They should compete well in Div. II next year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

The growth is there, for sure, and this may be a one-cycle trip back down to Div. II. But, almost all of the new housing developments that have gone up have Celina mailing addresses, but are actually inside Prosper school district. 

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not really familiar with the area. I have just driven through recently and couldn't believe the growth. 

I definitely expect Celina to make some noise in D2. I bet they're excited to drop, but also bummed that Carthage has dropped lol.

8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Celina will make some noise in 4Ad2. So will China Spring.  

China Spring and Gatesville could end up in District 8 with Connally. There will be some good playoff games next year in Region 2.

4 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Not sure where they'll send Celina, to be honest. Last time the Bobcats were in Div. II, they spent time out west in Region I and also, during the last cycle, in Region II. I personally hope they stay in Region II, where the competition will undoubtedly be higher. But Celina has some talent coming back and up through the ranks. They should compete well in Div. II next year.

District 3 is Aubrey, Bridgeport, Graham, Iowa Park, Krum, Vernon. Add in Sanger and Mineral Wells...you have an 8 team district. Vernon could be moved out. If so, they will have a drive.  It makes sense to move Celina in with District 5.

19 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not really familiar with the area. I have just driven through recently and couldn't believe the growth. 

I definitely expect Celina to make some noise in D2. I bet they're excited to drop, but also bummed that Carthage has dropped lol.

Carthage is smaller than Celina.  Celina admin/coaches have known for a month that if they dropped, Carthage would also. 

5 hours ago, Hawks2021 said:

Well - PG (if we keep it rolling next year) would face Carthage in the state championship - what a fun game that would be.

Carthage has got to be the odds on favorite for the next two years in 4AD2 for sure....

Carthage could move to Region 2 and if so PG would face them in the Regional final if both make it.  We will all know come February.

11 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Carthage could move to Region 2 and if so PG would face them in the Regional final if both make it.  We will all know come February.

How do you know it would be the 4th round and not sooner(unless you think they will be in the same district) ? Four district champions in each region.  Can meet another district champion in the 3rd round. 

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Just waiting for the realignment gurus with the Maps of the State of Texas and the color coordinated pins for each District and region.

Anybody remember who the they map guru is?

I started working on a 4A-1 map.  Only interested in that division due to Paris tie-in.   Here's my link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKuHPZ_gqCAiUlIe-i1h2UX5Sj_Za6jm&usp=sharing

25 minutes ago, Parisian said:

I'd add Athens to that group if they include a 6th member. 

I thought about Athens. It has been a while but Athens has been in the same district as Kilgore, Henderson etc before. If they go with a six team district I cant think of anyone else.

29 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Some from Carthage on Smoaky are disappointed. 

Feeling is that its not fair. Truth is you still gotta earn it and some quality teams out there. Pg and West Orange don't have the same respect as Vega and Arygle do. Carthage would be successful no matter what. Heck they could give 5aD2 a run imo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Longview, lindale, Kaufman, Texas high, Carthage, celina, van are all winners. 

Royse city - moving up will hurt. They had a good season in 5ad2

I believe Longview and Texas High could do the most damage by the drop but then again I thought Lufklin and JT would as well. Lot of movement was in 4a D1 so many are their wheates and drinking Red Bull for preparations of Carthage. Lindale probably sees the most sucess.

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I believe Longview and Texas High could do the most damage by the drop but then again I thought Lufklin and JT would as well. Lot of movement was in 4a D1 so many are their wheates and drinking Red Bull for preparations of Carthage. Lindale probably sees the most sucess.

I've thought for the past couple years that 5a d1 is harder than 6a d2. I think Longview will run into more problems in 5a than in 6a.

3 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Celina isn't that surprising -- they were only three over the cutoff last time. They added 42 kids and the number went up 75

Celina ISD just passed a $600 MILLION Bond?  And they went up by only 42 kids and dropped a classification???