UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Doesn’t matter for Lufkin. 4A, 5A or 6A. Not doing anything. 

I’m Surprised the numbers jumped up so high though. Expected around 2205 or 2210, but of course you always have to consider Hp and their numbers....😂

I don’t understand why the UIL didn’t take the max number of 6A schools. Makes no sense other than if they had, HP would’ve been 6A. Couple that with screwing up McAllen’s numbers (3 schools)...which has them at 6A when they supposedly turned in 5A numbers. Just crazy.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have managed to come up with two projections. The first is the one I do like the most.  it provides the most balance with regards to teams in each region.  The second is basically removing teams from the previous districts and mixing and matching.  This would result in more uneven regions. 

PROJECTION NUMBER ONE

1-3A

Dalhart

Bushland

Amarillo River Road

Muleshoe

Littlefield

Shallowater

2-3A

Slaton

Brownfield

Lamesa

Denver City

Kermit

3-3A

Breckenridge

Clyde

Early

Jim Ned

Wall

San Angelo TLCA

4-3A

Bowie

Paradise

Boyd

Ponder

Pilot Point

Whitesboro

Pottsboro

Howe

5-3A

Brock

Maypearl

Grandview

Whitney

West

6-3A

Dallas A+

Dallas Life Oak Cliff

Dallas Madison

Eustace

Kemp

Malakoff

7-3A

Bonham

Commerce

Emory Rains

Mineola

Winnsboro

Mt Vernon

8-3A

Gladewater

Sabine

White Oak

Tatum

Jefferson

Atlanta

New Boston

9-3A

McGregor

Lorena

Groesbeck

Teague

Fairfield

Troy 

10-3A

Academy

Lago Vista

Cameron

Rockdale

Caldwell

Llano

11-3A

Westwood

Elkhart

Crockett

Trinity

Diboll

Huntington

Coldspring

12-3A

Woodville

Kirbyville

Buna

Tarkington

Hardin

East Chambers

Anahuac

13-3A

Boling

Columbus

Edna

Hempstead

Hitchcock

Palacios

Industrial

14-3A

Aransas Pass

Goliad

Hallettsville

Luling

Yoakum

Mathis

Marion

Randolph

15-3A

Blanco

Comfort

Jourdanton

Lytle

Poteet

S.A. Cole

Cotulla

16-3A

London

Falfurrias

Lyford

Progreso

San Diego

SGA

Orange Grove

Bishop

Region I:  25

Region II: 26

Region III: 26

Region IV: 30

SECOND PROJECTION

1-3A

Dalhart

Bushland

Amarillo River Road

Muleshoe

Littlefield

Shallowater

2-3A

Slaton

Brownfield

Lamesa

Denver City

Kermit

3-3A

Breckenridge

Clyde

Early

Jim Ned

Wall

San Angelo TLCA

4-3A

Bowie

Boyd

Brock

Paradise

Pilot Point

Ponder

Whitesboro

5-3A

Pottsboro

Howe

Bonham

Commerce

Rains

6-3A

Dallas A+

Dallas Life Oak Cliff

Dallas Madison

Eustace

Kemp

Malakoff

7-3A

Mineola

Galdewater

Sabine

White Oak

Tatum

8-3A

Mt. Vernon

Winnsboro

Jefferson

Atlanta

New Boston

9-3A

Maypearl

Grandview

Whitney

West

Groesbeck

Teague

Fairfield

McGregor

10-3A

Lorena

Troy

Academy

Cameron

Rockdale

Caldwell

Lago Vista

Llano

11-3A

Westwood

Elkhart

Crockett

Trinity

Diboll

Huntington

Coldspring

12-3A

Woodville

Kirbyville

Buna

Tarkington

Hardin

East Chambers

Anahuac

13-3A

Boling

Columbus

Edna

Hempstead

Hitchcock

Palacios

Industrial

14-3A

Aransas Pass

Goliad

Hallettsville

Luling

Yoakum

Mathis

Marion

Randolph

15-3A

Blanco

Comfort

Jourdanton

Lytle

Poteet

S.A. Cole

Cotulla

16-3A

London

Falfurrias

Lyford

Progreso

San Diego

SGA

Orange Grove

Bishop

Region I: 24

Region II: 21

Region III: 30

Region IV: 31

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

That first prediction would shake some things up! Region 2 would be a gauntlet for sure. I like it. You should email uil this, lol. Thank you for your time doing this, and your weekly rankings. A lot of us appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

@DawgNation2015 Will you guys have a drastically different non schedule?

Henderson Kilgore? 

I like the Marshall and PG but with the move would they play? 

Does carthage have the option to stay if Surratt wanted?

I heard PG and Carthage are not playing each other next year, maybe just hearsay. I can't imagine Carthage wanting to opt up. Evidently, you can because someone posted today that the DISD schools currently in 4A DII have opted up to DI.

12 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Hey @Stoney, howd you feel about getting the old gang back together again in District....Harmony, New Diana, Ore City, Harleton...and maybe Elysian Fields & Waskom? 

In a heartbeat. Now that was a district. You pretty much started out playing those guys in 7th grade and the rivalries just grew from there. 

• Thanks 1

Almost always it hurts Princeton. When it moved up to 5A 2 years ago it was like when it moved up to 3A for '82. Back then Princeton football played at the size of a 2A school for 25 years or so. Finally it had a chance to win for five years 2011-2015. Then stupid coaching decisions made 2016 and 2017 losing years.

Then 2018 Princeton was moved to 5A and its not  good. Princeton's HC Clint Surratt is not very good. There is bad coaching strategies. He's no Scott Surratt. Princeton needs better players and more players. They cannot afford bad coaching decisions.

9 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. The UIL sent Tatum south with Jasper a few years ago so I can easily see Carthage going South. 

Lol. Yes that when they some kinda way decided that we should be in Region 2.  Wouldn't shock me one bit if they did it again this realignment.

9 hours ago, Slickarick said:

some numbers on the pdf are different than the turn in numbers. I have a friend that teaches at rio vista and they turned in 219 it shows 438. wonder if any others are off on that pdf list. 

Yes Rio Vista turned in 219 as an enrollment.  Rio Vista will drop from 3ADiv. 2 to 2A Div. 1.  Look for Rio Vista to get put into the sane district as Itasca , Bosqueville, etc....

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

How do you know it would be the 4th round and not sooner(unless you think they will be in the same district) ? Four district champions in each region.  Can meet another district champion in the 3rd round. 

That is correct and that is a possibility.   

8 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

This 5a realignment feels very weird compared to the last few. 

I think one district will be-

1.Mesquite Poteet

2.Forney

3.North Forney

4.Terrell

5.Crandall

6.Ennis 

7.Corsicana

This district just makes sense as all these communities touch each other. Well maybe not Corsicana

Then the East Texas group gets cloudy-Losing Lindale and adding Texas High-Royce City going D1 changes what they could do with that far northern group.

There aren't a lot of options for Greenville and SS other than with MT P. and TH.

Then you have the group of Hallsville, Marshall and Pine tree

Then the grouping of Whitehouse, Jacksonville and Nac

All together it is 10 teams, they will either have to create 9 teams district sending Nac south or break up a set of triplets and do 2 east texas districts.

Would they push Tx H, Mt P, Greenville and SS to north metroplex and leave a 6 team district in east texas?

The extreme south has Huntsville, Bryan Rudder, Montgomery, Lake Creek and A&M Consolidated stuck out by themselves as well, maybe they move Brenham into that District and closer to home. They current in a district with marble falls which is almost 3 hours between the towns

What's the situation for pine tree 

I’d rather PG, Gilmer, or whoever from Region 2 faces a Region 3 Carthage in a state championship game than Carthage in Region 2 knocking out basically all the top teams in 4AD2 before the semifinal, that would make for a rather boring state championship game. The only non-Region 2 team I could see maaaybee putting up a decent game with Carthage is WOS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mTex said:

I’d rather PG, Gilmer, or whoever from Region 2 faces a Region 3 Carthage in a state championship game than Carthage in Region 2 knocking out basically all the top teams in 4AD2 before the semifinal, that would make for a rather boring state championship game. The only non-Region 2 team I could see maaaybee putting up a decent game with Carthage is WOS.

I agree. Plus, with China Spring probably coming in to Region 2....there will be some great playoff games. Looking at the districts as well as the geography, I just don't see how they don't go south with Jasper. That district is losing two teams, so someone is going to have to replace them. In my opinion, I think it is Carthage and Rusk.

9 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

The growth is there, for sure, and this may be a one-cycle trip back down to Div. II. But, almost all of the new housing developments that have gone up have Celina mailing addresses, but are actually inside Prosper school district. 

Isn’t prosper adding a new 5A high school?