UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Celina's growth hasn't quite hit yet...they passed that bond now preparing for the growth

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/12/03/here-is-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-uil-classification-cutoffs?ref=article_preview_title

I don't have a dog in the fight. Just seems very odd to me that town growing like they are only increased by 42 kids over 2 years.  Much smaller towns that are growing much slower have had added more kids in that time.  From Wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celina,_Texas#Growth

Celina is among the fastest growing cities in the nation. It is currently averaging 1,300 new home permits a year with an ultimate build-out population of around 350,000 people. The City recently adopted its Downtown Master Plan, creating the vision for Celina's historic downtown and its ensuing renaissance.

Again, I'm not sure about some of the geography but here it is.....lol

District 9:

Clarksville

Cumby

Detroit

Maud

Quinlan Boles

James Bowie

District 10:

Cushing

Lovelady

Mt. Enterprise

Tenaha

West Sabine

Overton

District 11:

Wortham

Iola

Bremond

Mart

Cross Roads

Frost

District 12:

Colmesneil

Deweyville

Evadale

High Island

Hull-Daisetta

Sabine Pass

Burkeville

11 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I don't have a dog in the fight. Just seems very odd to me that town growing like they are only increased by 42 kids over 2 years.  Much smaller towns that are growing much slower have had added more kids in that time.  From Wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celina,_Texas#Growth

Celina is among the fastest growing cities in the nation. It is currently averaging 1,300 new home permits a year with an ultimate build-out population of around 350,000 people. The City recently adopted its Downtown Master Plan, creating the vision for Celina's historic downtown and its ensuing renaissance.

Checking the TEA enrollment reports; you can see growth so its possible just have a smaller class or two....

Celina HS

2018-2019 844

2017-2018 792

2016-2017 733

2015-2016 697

of note, last year's 8th grade class at Celina JH (which would impact this year's snapshot # at the HS) was 211 students....while 7th grade is 229 and 6th grade is 202.....

Southern portions of Celina which get the growth first since its closer to Dallas are located in Prosper ISD...and Prosper has over 4k in the HS right now and they are opening HS #2 next year

19 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I mentioned this either earlier in this thread or in another realignment thread, but the VAST majority of those new homes are being built with Celina mailing addresses, but fall within Prosper's school district. So the growth is certainly happening, residential and commercial, but that growth hasn't necessarily precipitated into a boom in the Celina ISD population. It will come eventually, there's no doubt. And I would suspect Celina would bump back to Div. I in two years, but perhaps not if the numbers make another big jump, hard to say at this point. Celina was BARELY over the Div. II cutoff last time, so maybe it shouldn't be surprising that they dropped again. I for one thought they would stay Div. I, but with the cutoff being pushed so high, makes perfect sense to me that they were underneath the Div. I line this time.

I wonder how much success teams have had dropping either a Division or classification. Henderson won its first year 3a. Marshall , Nac, Carthage , Chapel Hill. all struggled in the first year. Lufkin , JT , Atlanta didn't have Championships. It is more difficult to win moving up a class than dropping. Most hope for being competitive aka Lindale. 

20 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

District 7 4A-1 lost 3 teams. Celina, Sanger & N. Lamar leaving Anna, Argyle, Paris & Melissa.  Do they just roll with 4 teams or maybe move Gainesville to that district?  No other teams really make any sense to add it seems geographically.

Celina came out a huge winner.  They will roll next year.

Celina will certainly benefit. They'll roll through district play the next two years, probably. But the postseason will still be hyper competitive, especially if PG and Gilmer stay in Region II. China Spring joining that mix will make Region II that much more difficult as well. The Bobcats will still have to run a gauntlet to get out of Region II, that gauntlet just won't include Argyle, La Vega, Melissa, Stephenville, Brownwood, etc.

2 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Some of us are hoping that Gladewater, Jeffy, Tatum, and Atlanta are put together this go around. That would be a fun District. 

Isn't that the old 16 3a days . Any idea on the pre season . West Rusk seemed like it could turn into a rivalry. Spring Hill used to be and Henderson might give you a call since you missed the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Isn't that the old 16 3a days . Any idea on the pre season . West Rusk seemed like it could turn into a rivalry. Spring Hill used to be and Henderson might give you a call since you missed the playoffs. 

When I played, 16-3A was ...

(if I remember correctly)

Tatum

Gladewater

Spring Hill

White Oak

West Rusk

Sabine

and yes, Hennason May be giving us a call. 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

I wonder how much success teams have had dropping either a Division or classification. Henderson won its first year 3a. Marshall , Nac, Carthage , Chapel Hill. all struggled in the first year. Lufkin , JT , Atlanta didn't have Championships. It is more difficult to win moving up a class than dropping. Most hope for being competitive aka Lindale. 

It just depends I feel. Marshall was struggling their last couple years in 5A before they dropped....then had one of the worst seasons in program history when they finally did drop with an 1-9 season. They probably go 0-10 in 2002 if they're 5A. But two years later, they go to back to back State Title games.

Texas High had won 2 games in three years, and hadn't had a winning season in 6 years before they dropped. First season they have a winning year and second they make the post season.

Nac was awful in 5A, and remained awful once they dropped.

Henderson had not had a winning season in 8 years before they dropped and immediately won State. Do they have a winning season in 4A? Who knows.

Longview dropped and reached back to back state title games their first go around. But that was book ended by trips to the 5A State Quarterfinals and 5A State Semi-Finals. John Tyler has more than had their success in 4A/5A, just can't get over the hump. Then there's Lufkin, who can barely win one playoff game now a days.

I feel like there's definitely some merit in the dropping classes = succcess myth. But it's more about the program in general and the participation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

I would start with some DoD teams if you could. Lindale and. maybe Henderson. Alvarado was kinda far so maybe the metroplex . Heritage or someone like that wouldn't be bad. 

I agree. I wish we would schedule Henderson. I like the match up. Lindale has become a pretty good rival game so I bet we keep that one. I'd like to see Gilmer too. Oh well, they don't ask me lol. The old Canton games were a good rival at one time.

East Tx teams what they might look like 

94a 
Hertiage 
Wax Life
Athens 
Mabank 
Kaufman

104a 
Henderson 
Kilgore
Lindale 
Chapel Hill