UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

Given that Prosper is exploding in population currently, it surprises me Celina isn’t also seeing at least some of that growth, they seem to have been for the last several years, perhaps it’s Celina kids transferring to Prosper ISD?

Either way, definitely a one time trip down to D2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, mTex said:

Given that Prosper is exploding in population currently, it surprises me Celina isn’t also seeing at least some of that growth, they seem to have been for the last several years, perhaps it’s Celina kids transferring to Prosper ISD?

Either way, definitely a one time trip down to D2

Celina might stay down one more time, if the cutoff takes another big jump.

9 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

@DawgNation2015 Will you guys have a drastically different non schedule?

Henderson Kilgore? 

I like the Marshall and PG but with the move would they play? 

Does carthage have the option to stay if Surratt wanted?

I would expect Gilmer, PG, LE & Jacksonville won’t be on the pre-district schedule.  I could see Henderson, Kilgore, Marshall, Nacogdoches & maybe Lindale. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Yeah I kinda miss the old Van/Canton games. Just hope we schedule some tough pre-district games no matter where we end up. And yep, I bet a lot of folks wish Carthage numbers were higher lol.

I would start with some DoD teams if you could. Lindale and. maybe Henderson. Alvarado was kinda far so maybe the metroplex . Heritage or someone like that wouldn't be bad. 

17 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

This 5a realignment feels very weird compared to the last few. 

I think one district will be-

1.Mesquite Poteet

2.Forney

3.North Forney

4.Terrell

5.Crandall

6.Ennis 

7.Corsicana

This district just makes sense as all these communities touch each other. Well maybe not Corsicana

Then the East Texas group gets cloudy-Losing Lindale and adding Texas High-Royce City going D1 changes what they could do with that far northern group.

There aren't a lot of options for Greenville and SS other than with MT P. and TH.

Then you have the group of Hallsville, Marshall and Pine tree

Then the grouping of Whitehouse, Jacksonville and Nac

All together it is 10 teams, they will either have to create 9 teams district sending Nac south or break up a set of triplets and do 2 east texas districts.

Would they push Tx H, Mt P, Greenville and SS to north metroplex and leave a 6 team district in east texas?

The extreme south has Huntsville, Bryan Rudder, Montgomery, Lake Creek and A&M Consolidated stuck out by themselves as well, maybe they move Brenham into that District and closer to home. They current in a district with marble falls which is almost 3 hours between the towns

Don’t be shocked if it is a 10 team district. Not like they aren’t known for doing that. 

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don’t understand why the UIL didn’t take the max number of 6A schools...

...if they had, HP would’ve been 6A

Brother, I think you just answered your own question.  ;) 

• Like 2

10 teams would definitely take way the traditional non-district match ups in the area. Each of us would get 1 ND Matchup. We all play each other anyway so making it one big district would be interesting.  

Doing 2-5 team districts would make for an interesting split. 

There would have to be a split in the Marshall, Hallsville, Pine Tree trio. 1 North, 2 South. According to MavChamps those 3 haven't been split in a long time. I think the districts would play each other for Non-District as long as we aren't matched up for Bi District. 

7 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I would expect Gilmer, PG, LE & Jacksonville won’t be on the pre-district schedule.  I could see Henderson, Kilgore, Marshall, Nacogdoches & maybe Lindale. 

I think the pre district schedule will depend on where the Dawgs land (district, region, etc...) Coach S has tendency to schedule teams that run similar styles that he may see in the playoffs

Here's what it looks like to me from a preliminary view......I'm not sure on some of the geography, though, so corrections are appreciate......lol.....

District 9:

Rivercrest

Cooper

Dawson

Honey Grove

Linden-Kildare

Union Grove

District 10:

Beckville

Big Sandy

Frankston

Joaquin

Carlisle

Hawkins

District 11:

Alto

Cayuga

Centerville

Grapeland

Leon

Kerens

District 12:

Garrison

Groveton

San Augustine

West Hardin

Shelbyville

Timpson

18 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage is smaller than Celina.  Celina admin/coaches have known for a month that if they dropped, Carthage would also. 

I know that, I'm just saying that it is a bummer for Celina. Everyone in Celina might be thinking they have a shot at state, until they realize that Carthage is also dropping. 

Talking more from a fans perspective.

40 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I know that, I'm just saying that it is a bummer for Celina. Everyone in Celina might be thinking they have a shot at state, until they realize that Carthage is also dropping. 

Talking more from a fans perspective.

If it wasn't Carthage, it'd be someone else. Celina fans won't care either way. We just want to see an orange and white resurgence back to traditional Bobcat glory.