Canton is open

dillonpanthers

Just wondering how difficult it would be to turn a football program around when your boss, the superintendent, was a successful small town basketball coach and his two previous stints as superintendent have been with schools that never played football?  I do not know this particular sup, but my four and a half decades in the school buziness tells me anybody going in needs to ask that question.

• Like 1

He came from New Summerfield and I know him well. He won a state championship in basketball at Laneville and graduated from Cushing. Several bigger schools have approached him about their superintendent positions. He is one of the smartest and well prepared men I know. I make no promises about who he’ll hire as football coach, but then how many coaches are hired who don’t work out? Apparently, he can’t do any worse than his predecessor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

He came from New Summerfield and I know him well. He won a state championship in basketball at Laneville and graduated from Cushing. Several bigger schools have approached him about their superintendent positions. He is one of the smartest and well prepared men I know. I make no promises about who he’ll hire as football coach, but then how many coaches are hired who don’t work out? Apparently, he can’t do any worse than his predecessor.

Coaching, like other life processes, is about the right fit.  Hopefully, they will make the right fit.  Good luck in their selection process - the kids deserve the best ... and it's ALWAYS about the kids ... or at least it should be ... sometimes adults forget that - especially when personal agendas get in the way.

6 hours ago, DOB said:

There's more than one Brian Nichols that is a sup ... Brian A. and J. Brian ...

Might check again ... I re-looked and didn't find a Hallsville connection ....

But I've wrong before.

He also coached at Oakwood.

Saw something that listed Jim Dunlap as superintendent.  Maybe it's old?

• 2 weeks later...

if theys siruis about winnin other than on first monday they need to call Kerry Strong frombig Sandy  He prolly want answre he taking someboyd else .  prollbly cannt leave mesasge cause his mailbox ful cause everyody want interview.  Yall prolly to late on him.  he might be gone on to tyler lee roberts but i hope he stay at big sandy.

• 1 month later...

I know Mr Nichols personally been around him for years.... hes one of the best sups there are... not only is he a great sup but one of the best people you could find.  Came from great family and whoever he hires will be a great hire for the job... the man knows what hes doing.  Whoever he hires will be fortunate to have someone like him as their sup as well.  

• Like 1