Your Joined Date

TxBroadcaster

September 11, 2008.  I was working for GSMC and in Daingerfield following up on some injuries.  I was in the coaches office talking to a few of the guys in there and they were laughing at some stuff some Daingerfield posters were saying.  So I asked "What site is that?"  "Smoky man.  Join it, it's fun."  Went home later that night and google (or yahoo searched) "Smoky for 2 hours, before I tried "East Texas football" and found "David Smoak" and "Smoaky.com."  

Talked trash for 3-4 years, got suspended a few times, then grew up a bit and became a mod, now an admin, and ready to suspend all of you :p 

• Like 2

Honestly the Daingerfield fans influenced me to join. The fans like4 to 3, Frank’s and beans, krookedwolf and many others were so passionate about their Tigers I couldn’t help myself. They earned the right to talk the smack honestly.  I was a NB fan of course and the schools dominated region 2 for 10 years. The district foes met in the qtrs several times with DF having the edge naturally. What fun years that was.  So much talent captured within two schools. The DF/NB thread is probably the largest ever on Smoaky.  It is like reading a history book now.  I don’t know if it is still on here but if it is some of the newcomers need to look at it and they will see what Smoaky is all about

• Like 1

My joined date will not reflect this, but I actually joined this site when it was first created.  MavChamp had a site in the late 90s early 2000s ( I think it was called East Texas Supersite) and when he started to spin that site down, Smoaky started and most of us came over then.  This had to be around 2001/2002 or so.  I stopped posting for many yrs, and had to get a new profile.

• Like 1