Texas H.S. Football Coaching Carousel...

Destry

32 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

It is, and it isn't...

Certain individual that dictated the last hire for the benefit of his kid up to his same tricks?

And I don't really mean that as a bad thing, we all want what we think is best for our own kids and if we are in a position to help in that area, we would all probably take advantage of that opportunity.

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Certain individual that dictated the last hire for the benefit of his kid up to his same tricks?

And I don't really mean that as a bad thing, we all want what we think is best for our own kids and if we are in a position to help in that area, we would all probably take advantage of that opportunity.

Nope.  A coaching change was needed the last time around.  That coach was a stopgap because the previous coach left abruptly for personal reason.  There were 3 semi-finalist that time around and I think Ford was a great choice.  I was leaning toward a different coach.  Ford was the coach that some people wanted Lovejoy to be, the other guy was closer to what Lovejoy really is...  Also, I'm not sure how much he influenced the decision, but I think Ford was his guy.  

The last I heard he was very pro-Ford and I believe he still is.  Haven't heard how he is taking this resignation.

I was surprised by how much Ford, and at least one of this staff, were paid.  Hopefully the next contract is more incentive based and doesn't pay up front.  I know a 24-20 record after 4 years for the 14th highest paid coach in Texas and probably the highest paid OC in the state (hell, highest paid high school OC in the world) is only going to last for so long before some flags go up...  This may be one of the reasons behind the coaching change, but the other "reasons" were not handled well, at all...

Update: After looking at the incoming coaches salary at this previous school, I see no cost savings in the future.  

1 hour ago, Leopard4Life said:

Nope.  A coaching change was needed the last time around.  That coach was a stopgap because the previous coach left abruptly for personal reason.  There were 3 semi-finalist that time around and I think Ford was a great choice.  I was leaning toward a different coach.  Ford was the coach that some people wanted Lovejoy to be, the other guy was closer to what Lovejoy really is...  Also, I'm not sure how much he influenced the decision, but I think Ford was his guy.  

The last I heard he was very pro-Ford and I believe he still is.  Haven't heard how he is taking this resignation.

I was surprised by how much Ford, and at least one of this staff, were paid.  Hopefully the next contract is more incentive based and doesn't pay up front.  I know a 24-20 record after 4 years for the 14th highest paid coach in Texas and probably the highest paid OC in the state (hell, highest paid high school OC in the world) is only going to last for so long before some flags go up...  This may be one of the reasons behind the coaching change, but the other "reasons" were not handled well, at all...

Update: After looking at the incoming coaches salary at this previous school, I see no cost savings in the future.  

Just curious, what were Ford and George making?

Just now, Leopard4Life said:

Coach Fords salary is available online at several sites.  Is there a way to PM in this forum?

Just now, Leopard4Life said:

Coach Fords salary is available online at several sites.  Is there a way to PM in this forum?

Yes. Just click my screen name then the message icon

On 1/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, Leopard4Life said:

I just don't see Lovejoy as a Flexbone school.  They might pull it off for a year or two, but once these crop of Lineman graduate it won't be good for the program

If you know the background of Mike Goddard (Superintendent @Lovejoy) I'm pretty sure you will not see any type of flexbone, veer or slot-t scheme rolling into Leopard land as long as he is there.

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

If you know the background of Mike Goddard (Superintendent @Lovejoy) I'm pretty sure you will not see any type of flexbone, veer or slot-t scheme rolling into Leopard land as long as he is there.

I know his background from MS - College.  The flexbone is the preferred offense of the leading candidate.  However, I've also now being told that the candidate will change his offense to match his personnel.  Time will tell.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:08 AM, HulaKat said:

I’ve heard the same thing, locally, but the details are not clear.  I’ve heard he was looking to move on somewhere else and the school offered him one of the lower school administration jobs(elementary principal ,etc...).

we will not know for sure until he or the school makes it official if they have not already

any idea who the final candidates are?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Plano is Open

There is a new AD and appears to be cleaning house.  I'm just wondering if the school board and Supt are really on board or will Plano ISD still be plano isd...  If they want to be the Plano of old then they need to fix their feeder system.  Based on pay alone they could attract some great coaches (economy of scale).  Lots of students + fewer campuses (more students per campus) = $$$

1 hour ago, Leopard4Life said:

There is a new AD and appears to be cleaning house.  I'm just wondering if the school board and Supt are really on board or will Plano ISD still be plano isd...  If they want to be the Plano of old then they need to fix their feeder system.  Based on pay alone they could attract some great coaches (economy of scale).  Lots of students + fewer campuses (more students per campus) = $$$

As I have said many times to my friends in the area, "there is no reason you shouldn't be able to find 22 DUDES at every one of the Plano High Schools. Their enrollment is in the top 10 in the state, it is embarrassing for them to not have success."

And yes, I know the feeder system handcuffs them, but how many freshman and sophomores are playing Varsity football in schools the size of Plano ISD, not many.

• Smoaky unpinned this topic