Texas H.S. Football Coaching Carousel...

Destry

10 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not a surprise, congratulations and good luck Coach Ross. 

Relationships matter.

I’ve known this was going to happen since they announced Ross leaving Boise State to come to Red Oak.  Doc G always had his eye on Lovejoy. Just not sure if he is currently eyeing Allen or Prosper (he has ties to all 3 while growing up in Collin County).

Doc G and Coach Ross are at Lovejoy now, so Lovejoy needs to maximize the program upgrades while everyone is on the same page.  The usual suspects that hate Lovejoy and Football are gearing up to run for school board again...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I’ve known this was going to happen since they announced Ross leaving Boise State to come to Red Oak.  Doc G always had his eye on Lovejoy. Just not sure if he is currently eyeing Allen or Prosper (he has ties to all 3 while growing up in Collin County).

Doc G and Coach Ross are at Lovejoy now, so Lovejoy needs to maximize the program upgrades while everyone is on the same page.  The usual suspects that hate Lovejoy and Football are gearing up to run for school board again...

I will never understand this concept. Football and especially success in football, is nothing but a positive for a school district. It is obvious by looking at HP, SLC, Allen, Dallas Jesuit and others that you can be an incredible academic school and a football powerhouse at the same time. Doc G as you call him is a great guy, and he was the best QB ever to come out of Allen prior to Kyler Murray.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I will never understand this concept. Football and especially success in football, is nothing but a positive for a school district. It is obvious by looking at HP, SLC, Allen, Dallas Jesuit and others that you can be an incredible academic school and a football powerhouse at the same time. Doc G as you call him is a great guy, and he was the best QB ever to come out of Allen prior to Kyler Murray.

Better than Casey D? 

I think so, Mike was bigger and stronger and had a cannon for an arm.

He was stuck in a split back veer offense, but would have been a prolific passer and runner in today's spread concepts, he was not slow.

I know Casey went to Arkansas and Mike went to SFA, but where they played in college was simply a product of the systems they played in and the time when they played. Mike was a DUDE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

Would be a great hire and could make sense.  Any confirmation?

I’ve confirmed it with a known source of the hire. Not official but will happen. He was in multitudes of accusations in Waxahachie so this surprises me. Then again the accusations could be false accusations.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, randomuser said:

I’ve confirmed it with a known source of the hire. Not official but will happen. He was in multitudes of accusations in Waxahachie so this surprises me. Then again the accusations could be false accusations.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I remember the drama and have I've gotten verification.  I heard both sides of the Hatchie story and while the truth lies in the middle I know which sides story makes more sense. 

On 3/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, Leopard4Life said:

Would be a great hire and could make sense.  Any confirmation?

According to there website board meeting set for 5:30pm tonight.  And during Closed session to talked about hiring the Campus Coordinator/ Head football. Guess will know after. 

3 hours ago, Slickarick said:

According to there website board meeting set for 5:30pm tonight.  And during Closed session to talked about hiring the Campus Coordinator/ Head football. Guess will know after. 

Matt Stepp was hinting at one or more #SteppBomb s today, I assume this is one of them.

41 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

Matt Stepp was hinting at one or more #SteppBomb s today, I assume this is one of them.

yea I saw that. I have a good idea of who and where it could be and have for a few weeks, Just holding my tongue.  

On 3/7/2020 at 10:50 PM, randomuser said:

Had been a done deal since Kevin Ozee was hired as AD.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Smoaky unpinned this topic