It's La Vega's too lose

Sportsfanatic1

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If I’m a coach I’m watching every game I can get my hands on looking for advantages, opposing team schemes that work, etc.  I’m sure Rogers did the same.  Probably watched some of LV in previous weeks when he knew Argyle was going to win.

I know for a fact Surratt is a film room rat. He is excellent at breaking film down. Dude knows his football.

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So was your complaint about fans not having access or one team having more access? Sorry I'm lost

The main point I was making was that LV as an improved team at the end of the  season was a mystery to most of the public because of a lack of ways to measure their progress with statistical data, Game Recaps, and team totals.  There was no measuring device to make any comparisons.......so we the veiwing public as fans following all the teams of interest really had no concrete data about them to rate their season......except for their points scored and points allowed in the schedule they played.  Now we can see how much they have improved from early in their schedule, and get to see some action footage of their players during gametime situations.

Carthage has the Better defense.  Our front 4 and LB are fast and tough.  Bowman is a shut down corner and Whitlock is a run force from the safety spot.  Our offense is not clicking on all cylinders so that worries me a little.  However the sophomore Wade showed out list night.  If we get him Dixon and Williams along with McNew going all at once LV will not match that man for man.  Make no mistake our defense is our strength which is crazy.  LV will be a challenge but we have to get by LH or Lampasas first.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Carthage has the Better defense.  Our front 4 and LB are fast and tough.  Bowman is a shut down corner and Whitlock is a run force from the safety spot.  Our offense is not clicking on all cylinders so that worries me a little.  However the sophomore Wade showed out list night.  If we get him Dixon and Williams along with McNew going all at once LV will not match that man for man.  Make no mistake our defense is our strength which is crazy.  LV will be a challenge but we have to get by LH or Lampasas first.  

I agree that Carthage most probably will have the better defensive unit on the field of battle.  There are intangibles that will come into play in any SC title game......so if these two teams do play this season it will occur in the SC Title Game.  Like you said.......let's not put the cart before the horse first.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The main point I was making was that LV as an improved team at the end of the  season was a mystery to most of the public because of a lack of ways to measure their progress with statistical data, Game Recaps, and team totals.  There was no measuring device to make any comparisons.......so we the veiwing public as fans following all the teams of interest really had no concrete data about them to rate their season......except for their points scored and points allowed in the schedule they played.  Now we can see how much they have improved from early in their schedule, and get to see some action footage of their players during gametime situations.

Keyword: Public 

16 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

LV is pretty solid.  Maybe Carthage is better will be a great match up.  If Carthage beats the LV team Argyle tried tried to play tonight I will give many stars!

Saw both LaVega and Carthage. Great matchup and both teams very capable of winning. LaVega has more athletes. Carthage is more disciplined, just as big and skilled. LaVega running backs are better. This should be a great game, I'm hoping Carthage. They've got a lot more class than LaVega.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Coach Surratt and staff do not loose in state championship games. 
if the Dawgs make it to the championship. 
I will take the Dawgs no matter who the opponent would be. 

The Dawgs do get loose in championship games, but they do not lose in championship games.

We’ll see, but we have to get past Lampasas and LV hasn’t punched their ticket to Jerry World yet either. 

4A Division 1 is a two horse ran!!! And it's been that way for the last 5 seasons!
Dawg Dynasty 👀🏆#7!!!

2019 4A D1 State champion??
2018 4A D1 State champion La Vega
2017 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2016 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2015 4A D1 State champion La Vega

• Like 1

Really surprised that LV dominated Argyle like they did.  If not for some of dumbest clock management in the history of football by the Melissa coaches at the end of the LV vs Melissa game LV might not have even advanced. Melissa had a chance eliminate LV while they were down with players having the flu and spotting Melissa a 20 pt lead.  That didn’t happen and it looks like LV is a team of destiny.