It's La Vega's too lose

Sportsfanatic1

I think it will be La Vega vs Carthage for the state title. The winner will depend on which La Vega team shows up. We all know Carthage is legit and will be tough to beat.

If the La Vega team from last week that smoked Argyle shows up, then I think La Vega has a chance to pull it off.

If the La Vega team from two weeks ago that struggled against Melissa shows up, then I think Carthage will win by multiple scores.

Either way, I think we can all agree that these are two awesome football teams. Either one could get it done and they have both played great football all year long!

25 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I think it will be La Vega vs Carthage for the state title. The winner will depend on which La Vega team shows up. We all know Carthage is legit and will be tough to beat.

If the La Vega team from last week that smoked Argyle shows up, then I think La Vega has a chance to pull it off.

If the La Vega team from two weeks ago that struggled against Melissa shows up, then I think Carthage will win by multiple scores.

Either way, I think we can all agree that these are two awesome football teams. Either one could get it done and they have both played great football all year long!

Heard they had 8 starters out with the flu.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Gee ... sounds like Carthage should just roll out the basketballs and forget about this game ....

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Gee ... sounds like Carthage should just roll out the basketballs and forget about this game ....

Let the people talk, they are over whelmed about how bad La Vega just beat Argyle, when the time comes, and I believe it will, Carthage will play La Vega at AT&T Stadium and we will see who eats crow lol,

20 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Heard they had 8 starters out with the flu.

Incorrect. they had 8 PLAYERS out with the flu. I starter on O, 1 starter on D and their usual kicker included. FWIW Melissa had one of their best D players #7 out with injury and the all-state QB Lewis hurt his leg on the 4th play and was nowhere near 100% during the game.

I am still scratching my head as to how Melissa ran for 290 yds on LV but Argyle ran for barely a smidge. Melissa OL was not bad but Argyle's was far superior. HS football is a crazy sport with matchups, injuries and 16-18 year old young men involved.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, Footballalltheway said:

Really surprised that LV dominated Argyle like they did.  If not for some of dumbest clock management in the history of football by the Melissa coaches at the end of the LV vs Melissa game LV might not have even advanced. Melissa had a chance eliminate LV while they were down with players having the flu and spotting Melissa a 20 pt lead.  That didn’t happen and it looks like LV is a team of destiny.  

Agree 100%. LV coaching very good. They could have folded when down 20-0. most teams would have but Hyde probably told them with 2 min left in half, we score now, get ball 1st 2nd half & score....and game on. Don't panic. I think LV is down from last year but they are still loaded. If it's LV-Carthage at Jerry World on 12/20 I'll be there.

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Whether Carthage wins or La Vega wins......as fans all we want to see is a great football game in Class 4A-D1.  Hoping it will be one of the best of the week.  Good luck to both teams.

Well said, couldn't have said it better myself.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, Champ1000 said:

@coachkells Is Vega as good as last year? Lot of folks seem to be dismissing Springtown and Lampasas because they haven't been there. I think La Vega wins but maybe competitive. 

Ok after much thought I would have to say over all yes. 

Defense 2018 A+ ,  2019 A 

Offense  2018 A- ,  2019 A+ 

• Thanks 1

La Vega and Carthage are definitely the top 2 in 4A this year... no doubt about it.

We played both of them, plus Argyle, Pleasant Grove, Gilmer, etc.

They were absolutely the best 2 football teams we faced this season.

I would say La Vega probably has more superb athletes all across the field...but Carthage is more balanced and nobody can ever count out Surratt.

La Vega does has the very definition of an excellent football team w/ well-coached FOOTBALL athletes.  They have size, speed, and football knowledge.....and work together as a team very well.  They are loaded on the lines, in the secondary, and at all skill positions......including at QB with Kinne.  There is not one single weakness on the offense or defense that I can see.  I think they even have a good kicker and punter.  Their special teams seems to be very good also.

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

La Vega does has the very definition of an excellent football team w/ well-coached FOOTBALL athletes.  They have size, speed, and football knowledge.....and work together as a team very well.  They are loaded on the lines, in the secondary, and at all skill positions......including at QB with Kinne.  There is not one single weakness on the offense or defense that I can see.  I think they even have a good kicker and punter.  Their special teams seems to be very good also.

Sounds identical to the Dawgs 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 12/7/2019 at 10:04 AM, regaleagle said:

LV is most definitely the beast in 4A this season.......what a team they have assembled with talent, size, and speed for a Class 4A, Huh?  Those linemen look like college players and the secondary and linebacker corps are just as impressive.  It helps when you get a big lead on a team and can just force them out of their comfort zone with the team LV has.  Sooner or later their speedy backs will split the seams and be in the open field.......it's just a matter of when.  I knew their QB Kinne would throw it to open up the lanes for the RB's to run.......you would be stupid if you didn't do that.  Kinne is an accurate thrower and a running threat also.......he has good speed too.  But his real value is in properly handling the ball for the offense and dealing the ball to all of his skill players and talent pool.  He has a big O-line up front to help and give him plenty of time without being forced into mistakes.  LV does make mistakes and is not totally disciplined like an Argyle or Carthage, but their players are just very good football players.  They've had all season to get better.......and they have done that.

Have you seen Carthage this season? This game is a tossup if they both win this week.