Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

It's La Vega's too lose


Recommended Posts

La Vega and Carthage speed   ---------- if they play, the fastest guy on the field will be from Carthage...………..And Carthage next 3 fastest(two offense and one defense) can run with/very close to La Vega's top guys...……...After that, the speed advantage leans HEAVILY  in La Vega's favor

That being said, it is a football game and not a track meet...………..I think both semifinal games next week will be good ones as well as the state championship game(no matter who makes it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not so fast my friend.

to ... two ... too Where did you go to school, Karnack? .... 🤣

The Dawgs can match Le Vega man for man in speed and athletes. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, VonG said:

I watched Carthage play week. I was like damn, I don't ever remember Carthage having that many athletes. If La Vega has more athletes than Carthage then I don't know what to say. I can't see a team in 4a having that many more athletes than Carthage. I thought Carthage had better looking athletes than the big schools in East Texas this year. If La Vega tops them, then all I can say is wow. If both teams make it to state, then we should have one of the best championship games to watch. 

VonG knows what’s up, but at the same time Von, I promise you this team does not have the most athletes of any Carthage team ever, no no.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lampasas should beat Liberty Hill just looking at whom they played. I haven't done much research on lampasas except i now there winning. Carthage needs to take one week at a time and don't worry about vega right now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rob123 said:

Lampasas should beat Liberty Hill just looking at whom they played. I haven't done much research on lampasas except i now there winning. Carthage needs to to take one game at

a time right now and not worry about vega right now.

Agree 100%!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The speed on the lines and at the linebacker positions is the key to winning this game, IMHO.  Both teams have great size and athletic ability at those positions, but LV also has great speed with those big guys.  And then the speed at the skill positions for LV is just dynamic.  I would be very impressed to see Carthage match their total team speed at all positons wearing football equipment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The speed on the lines and at the linebacker positions is the key to winning this game, IMHO.  Both teams have great size and athletic ability at those positions, but LV also has great speed with those big guys.  And then the speed at the skill positions for LV is just dynamic.  I would be very impressed to see Carthage match their total team speed at all positons wearing football equipment.

Let’s table that discussion until we know it will happen.  Let’s talk about the other games first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

The speed on the lines and at the linebacker positions is the key to winning this game, IMHO.  Both teams have great size and athletic ability at those positions, but LV also has great speed with those big guys.  And then the speed at the skill positions for LV is just dynamic.  I would be very impressed to see Carthage match their total team speed at all positons wearing football equipment.

I too am an LV fan, because of their athleticism. They are a lot of fun to watch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DAWG91 said:

Who are we playing and where?  I'm guessing lampassas?  At the star, maybe?

Don’t know yet, Lampasas and LH play this afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t know yet, Lampasas and LH play this afternoon.

Ahhh ok.  Going to big D to see the grand baby may have to watch it.  Do you know what time it starts?

Nevermind.  Got it. 2pm

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

VonG knows what’s up, but at the same time Von, I promise you this team does not have the most athletes of any Carthage team ever, no no.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

I have watched Carthage play a few times since you guys have had your Grade A coach. I watched ya'll play at Rose Stadium a few times, watched ya'll play on tv, and watched ya'll when ya'll played against Pat Mahomes in Whitehouse. I have never once said damn Carthage got a lot of athletes. I watched ya'll last week and said DAMN CARTHAGE GOT A LOT OF ATHLETES. You know the program better than I do. But when I think of Carthage I don't think of athletes. When I think of Carthage I think of great coaching, great system in place, and great support from the administration and fans. You do have athletes no doubt but not year in and year out like this. But like I said you know the program better than me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VonG said:

I have watched Carthage play a few times since you guys have had your Grade A coach. I watched ya'll play at Rose Stadium a few times, watched ya'll play on tv, and watched ya'll when ya'll played against Pat Mahomes in Whitehouse. I have never once said damn Carthage got a lot of athletes. I watched ya'll last week and said DAMN CARTHAGE GOT A LOT OF ATHLETES. You know the program better than I do. But when I think of Carthage I don't think of athletes. When I think of Carthage I think of great coaching, great system in place, and great support from the administration and fans. You do have athletes no doubt but not year in and year out like this. But like I said you know the program better than me.

We just want you to come support those Dawgs!! We do have a nice stable of athletes this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Who are we playing and where?  I'm guessing lampassas?  At the star, maybe?

The Star is supposedly booked by Pleasant Grove for the early game Friday.  
With the weather probably going to be good, can’t see Carthage/Lampasas scheduling a 9:00 p m start at the Star, with the probable start time being 9:30ish. 
My guess is a neutral game at Corsicana.......or a flip for Waco/SFA

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I do think Carthage will have an advantage in game planning for LV now that they will have several games to view LV each week in available televised action for all to see and study.  And to see LV at full strength for the players they will have at their disposal to play for the remaining two games.  WE(the fans) already have the benefit of veiwing LV from the Argyle game that anybody can see on demand on NFHS.  We did not get to see LV against any previous opponents in Region 2......the games and the filmclips/Game Recaps were just not available. But now that the Argyle game was made available for the public to view.......we can all see just what kind of team composition LV really has assembled and has at their disposal at this late date in the season.

Do you know what hudl is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Do you know what hudl is?

Of course, but I think it requires a subscription to see those kinds of clips.  And most of the time it only shows the individual player.....not the team as a unit playing against another team. It's just like a highlight reel of the player being exposed for college scouts.

 

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Do you know what hudl is?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Of course, but I think it requires a subscription to see those kinds of clips.  And most of the time it only shows the individual player.....not the team as a unit playing against another team. It's just like a highlight reel of the player being exposed for college scouts.

 

 

Yes and coaches and players have access to every game played by LV. Carthage will not have any more of an advantage than anyone else as far as access to film.

Now, their coaches can probably break it down better than most but that's one of the reasons they are so prepared.

Oh and their access shows the whole game not just one player unless they choose to focus on one player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some teams and coaching staffs don't want their players seeing those clips too far in advance of the time they will meet that team, for obvious reasons.  Then the timeframe becomes too short to prepare for certain top players when the team as a whole has so many other considerations to prepare for of greater priority in a playoff window scenario.  On paper it sounds wonderful, but in reality I doubt it makes much of a case for real preparation for a team under time constraints and the overall good of the team in preparation for the next week's opponent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My point above was for the viewing public at large that wish to follow and analyze teams thru the season and at certain times as the season progresses.......WE the fans. It's also great for the coaching staffs to help them to prepare their players in advance, but not necessarily good for the players themselves to study these clips.  Overall knowledge helps players thruout the season, but I doubt that specific knowledge not readily available via statistical data about skill players and team totals really makes much of an impact for the players themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Some teams and coaching staffs don't want their players seeing those clips too far in advance of the time they will meet that team, for obvious reasons.  Then the timeframe becomes too short to prepare for certain top players when the team as a whole has so many other considerations to prepare for of greater priority in a playoff window scenario.  On paper it sounds wonderful, but in reality I doubt it makes much of a case for real preparation for a team under time constraints and the overall good of the team in preparation for the next week's opponent.

If I’m a coach I’m watching every game I can get my hands on looking for advantages, opposing team schemes that work, etc.  I’m sure Rogers did the same.  Probably watched some of LV in previous weeks when he knew Argyle was going to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...