Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfanatic1

It's La Vega's too lose

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If I’m a coach I’m watching every game I can get my hands on looking for advantages, opposing team schemes that work, etc.  I’m sure Rogers did the same.  Probably watched some of LV in previous weeks when he knew Argyle was going to win.

I know for a fact Surratt is a film room rat. He is excellent at breaking film down. Dude knows his football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I know for a fact Surratt is a film room rat. He is excellent at breaking film down. Dude knows his football.

I would do the same thing in his position.......as would you most probably.  There is just too much at stake not to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But sometimes what the coaches know about a certain player on the other team may not translate to the overall good for the team as a whole......so that has to be measured also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I would do the same thing in his position.......as would you most probably.  There is just too much at stake not to do so.

So was your complaint about fans not having access or one team having more access? Sorry I'm lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So was your complaint about fans not having access or one team having more access? Sorry I'm lost

The main point I was making was that LV as an improved team at the end of the  season was a mystery to most of the public because of a lack of ways to measure their progress with statistical data, Game Recaps, and team totals.  There was no measuring device to make any comparisons.......so we the veiwing public as fans following all the teams of interest really had no concrete data about them to rate their season......except for their points scored and points allowed in the schedule they played.  Now we can see how much they have improved from early in their schedule, and get to see some action footage of their players during gametime situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can learn alot about a team from film, Game Recaps, and statistical data logged every game thru the season and then the season totals as they accumulate versus their next opponent and their data for the schedule they played.  It tells a story on both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carthage has the Better defense.  Our front 4 and LB are fast and tough.  Bowman is a shut down corner and Whitlock is a run force from the safety spot.  Our offense is not clicking on all cylinders so that worries me a little.  However the sophomore Wade showed out list night.  If we get him Dixon and Williams along with McNew going all at once LV will not match that man for man.  Make no mistake our defense is our strength which is crazy.  LV will be a challenge but we have to get by LH or Lampasas first.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Carthage has the Better defense.  Our front 4 and LB are fast and tough.  Bowman is a shut down corner and Whitlock is a run force from the safety spot.  Our offense is not clicking on all cylinders so that worries me a little.  However the sophomore Wade showed out list night.  If we get him Dixon and Williams along with McNew going all at once LV will not match that man for man.  Make no mistake our defense is our strength which is crazy.  LV will be a challenge but we have to get by LH or Lampasas first.  

I agree that Carthage most probably will have the better defensive unit on the field of battle.  There are intangibles that will come into play in any SC title game......so if these two teams do play this season it will occur in the SC Title Game.  Like you said.......let's not put the cart before the horse first.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The main point I was making was that LV as an improved team at the end of the  season was a mystery to most of the public because of a lack of ways to measure their progress with statistical data, Game Recaps, and team totals.  There was no measuring device to make any comparisons.......so we the veiwing public as fans following all the teams of interest really had no concrete data about them to rate their season......except for their points scored and points allowed in the schedule they played.  Now we can see how much they have improved from early in their schedule, and get to see some action footage of their players during gametime situations.

Keyword: Public 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

LV is pretty solid.  Maybe Carthage is better will be a great match up.  If Carthage beats the LV team Argyle tried tried to play tonight I will give many stars!

Saw both LaVega and Carthage. Great matchup and both teams very capable of winning. LaVega has more athletes. Carthage is more disciplined, just as big and skilled. LaVega running backs are better. This should be a great game, I'm hoping Carthage. They've got a lot more class than LaVega.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SoutheastTX said:

No way anyone beats LV this year. LV by 14+ over Carthage or anybody else. 

Coach Surratt and staff do not loose in state championship games. 
if the Dawgs make it to the championship. 
I will take the Dawgs no matter who the opponent would be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Coach Surratt and staff do not loose in state championship games. 
if the Dawgs make it to the championship. 
I will take the Dawgs no matter who the opponent would be. 

The Dawgs do get loose in championship games, but they do not lose in championship games.

We’ll see, but we have to get past Lampasas and LV hasn’t punched their ticket to Jerry World yet either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SoutheastTX said:

No way anyone beats LV this year. LV by 14+ over Carthage or anybody else. 

Not a totally outlandish prediction, but we’ll see what happens! 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna go with springtown for the upset 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I’m gonna go with springtown for the upset 

Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I’m gonna go with springtown for the upset 

I think for that to happen LV would have to turn the ball over multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4A Division 1 is a two horse ran!!! And it's been that way for the last 5 seasons!
Dawg Dynasty 👀🏆#7!!!

2019 4A D1 State champion??
2018 4A D1 State champion La Vega
2017 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2016 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2015 4A D1 State champion La Vega

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really surprised that LV dominated Argyle like they did.  If not for some of dumbest clock management in the history of football by the Melissa coaches at the end of the LV vs Melissa game LV might not have even advanced. Melissa had a chance eliminate LV while they were down with players having the flu and spotting Melissa a 20 pt lead.  That didn’t happen and it looks like LV is a team of destiny.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SoutheastTX said:

No way anyone beats LV this year. LV by 14+ over Carthage or anybody else. 

Is that why they have a loss already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Big time player. Enrolling in K State for spring practice. Kid has been through a lot losing both parents.

DeMarrquese Hayes - Hudl

 

 

Looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...