Battle of the Brahmas!! State semifinals East Bernard vs Paul Pewitt!!

Brahmaball

State semi-finals  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Paul Pewitt Brahmas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

DF made some judgement errors for.  The sign of a great team is minimizing those type of errors. Personal fouls, procedure penalty’s etc. that are drive stoppers are very hard to over come.  Tough to may have some part in it but DF lost their bearing for sure.  When DF went up by two scores late in the third I though DF had the game sewed up.  SHAME ON ME. Before I got to the Pewitt side DF threw the pick six.  Paul Pewitt took control of the game at that point.  DF did keep it close but in the end mistakes killed them.  Pewitt kept their bearing and DF panicked. End of story. 

20 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

DF made some judgement errors for.  The sign of a great team is minimizing those type of errors. Personal fouls, procedure penalty’s etc. that are drive stoppers are very hard to over come.  Tough to may have some part in it but DF lost their bearing for sure.  When DF went up by two scores late in the third I though DF had the game sewed up.  SHAME ON ME. Before I got to the Pewitt side DF threw the pick six.  Paul Pewitt took control of the game at that point.  DF did keep it close but in the end mistakes killed them.  Pewitt kept their bearing and DF panicked. End of story. 

Well OLEMAN all those failed 2 point conversions added up on the Tigers. To you a NB fan this game kinda reminded me of the Tigers2013 season when we beat y'all easily during district and came to this same Stadium and lost in the Quarterfinals same as last night. Jus hope the Bulls close the show and not do what NB did and that's lose next week in the Semifinals after beating a good Tiger team that could of won it all. Good Luck to them.

2 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well OLEMAN all those failed 2 point conversions added up on the Tigers. To you a NB fan this game kinda reminded me of the Tigers2013 season when we beat y'all easily during district and came to this same Stadium and lost in the Quarterfinals same as last night. Jus hope the Bulls close the show and not do what NB did and that's lose next week in the Semifinals. Good Luck to them.

Agree with all you said believe it or not.  Even though they missed the extra points they were in control of the game until the 4th basically.  That was when the drive ending mistakes started. They moved the ball until the end.  I honestly thought they would win when they got the ball back with a minute and a half left. Oh! Ifelt like a snicker floating in a punch bowl watching the 4th quarter from the other side.  Just to old to walk back.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

Agree with all you said believe it or not.  Even though they missed the extra points they were in control of the game until the 4th basically.  That was when the drive ending mistakes started. They moved the ball until the end.  I honestly thought they would win when they got the ball back with a minute and a half left. Oh! Ifelt like a snicker floating in a punch bowl watching the 4th quarter from the other side.  Just to old to walk back.  LOL

Yea when we broke for that last touchdown I was yelling go down go down. Cause I didnt wanna leave to much time on the clock 

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well OLEMAN all those failed 2 point conversions added up on the Tigers. To you a NB fan this game kinda reminded me of the Tigers2013 season when we beat y'all easily during district and came to this same Stadium and lost in the Quarterfinals same as last night. Jus hope the Bulls close the show and not do what NB did and that's lose next week in the Semifinals after beating a good Tiger team that could of won it all. Good Luck to them.

We converted on only one 2 point conversion and 1 pat on 7 tries. We had 7 td’s to your 6. If we had converted on ours game would haven’t been as close. Y’all converted way better than we did so do not play that card. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, MrsNATUREBOY98 said:

We converted on only one 2 point conversion and 1 pat on 7 tries. We had 7 td’s to your 6. If we had converted on ours game would haven’t been as close. Y’all converted way better than we did so do not play that card. 

Yeah neither team converted many 2 pt conversions....

3 hours ago, JETT said:

I thought Dfield would kick a FG to win with 9 seconds remaining but the flag pulled them back,  Jeter just thru up a jump ball that wasn't a bad one honestly, 2 players had a chance to jump and get it 

You obviously haven’t seen DF kicking game.

11 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Bring it back to Morris County. Let's go Bulls, you better Stick them #### Horns in them the rest of the way! Wolfy will be there supporting

Was just trying to get up a little sensible conversation about the comparative strengths and weaknesses of the two teams. When you get to this level, it usually a #### shoot.

what you come back with is about as logical as the rap of that ugly law professor woman with a Coke bottle glasses who was popping off in that congressional hearing last week. (However, I must say, I don’t wanna insult you — you’re a lot smarter than she is…)

Naw, just trying to get some conversation started here, with little substance in it…🙂

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

Pp by 6. Show em who the real brahams are.

Mr. JD Hudgins of Wharton County went to India well before WWI and brought back some Brahma cattle, the first herd on the North American continent. It was from this original  herd that the hybrids were developed...Brafords, Bonsmara (to name a few) and the famous King Ranch Santa Gertrudis.  Old man J D and Mr J T Sartwelle, of Houston, formed the American Brahma Breeders Association in  1924.   

I’m old enough to remember Mr. Sartwelle,  and numerous of the Hudgins family, still involved in Brahma breeding and raising, are friends and clients of mine.  No, we are definitely the original Brahmas. Which, for any of you non Texans, is pronounced “Bray-mas” and not “Brahh-mas” or “ Bray-Man’s”.  Actually, , more like “Bray-mers” or even “Brimmers”.)

Anyway, we’re all Texans and so entitled to use the name.  Down here we’ve got EB, Bellville, and Halletsville all calling themselves Brimmers.  So now we’ve added Paul Pewitt to that esteemed listed.  Any other schools y’all know of?   It’s a nickname we can all be proud of...

So was Mr. Paul Pewitt and early raiser/breeder. Would like to know more about him.

32 minutes ago, Suvicka said:

Mr. JD Hudgins of Wharton County went to India well before WWI and brought back some Brahma cattle, the first herd on the North American continent. It was from this original  herd that the hybrids were developed...Brafords, Bonsmara (to name a few) and the famous King Ranch Santa Gertrudis.  Old man J D and Mr J T Sartwelle, of Houston, formed the American Brahma Breeders Association in  1924.   

I’m old enough to remember Mr. Sartwelle,  and numerous of the Hudgins family, still involved in Brahma breeding and raising, are friends and clients of mine.  No, we are definitely the original Brahmas. Which, for any of you non Texans, is pronounced “Bray-mas” and not “Brahh-mas” or “ Bray-Man’s”.  Actually, , more like “Bray-mers” or even “Brimmers”.)

Anyway, we’re all Texans and so entitled to use the name.  Down here we’ve got EB, Bellville, and Halletsville all calling themselves Brimmers.  So now we’ve added Paul Pewitt to that esteemed listed.  Any other schools y’all know of?   It’s a nickname we can all be proud of...

So was Mr. Paul Pewitt and early raiser/breeder. Would like to know more about him.

Man you’re getting to deep for them Morris county boys.

• LOL! 1

50 minutes ago, Suvicka said:

Do you have any Ty Slanina type players this year with that type of speed?

1 hour ago, Suvicka said:

Yes sir. He raised Brahma show cattle. He donated the land and the money to build the school for Naples and Omaha. He was a very private man and was actually not happy they named the school after him. Naples were the Buffaloes and Omaha were the Indians. They gave us Brahmas because he was a fan of that breed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

2 hours ago, JETT said:

EB has a good D, should be interesting 

I keep hearing about this defense. They didn’t exactly have a gauntlet schedule. Some of their opponents only played 9 games because of the flooding in guessing. Their regular season opponents had a record of 43-54.  Our opponents had a record of 43-57. Basically the same. I believe we match up extremely well. We are extremely proud of them. Coming back on an athletically superior team with the type of offense we run is no small feat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1