Battle of the Brahmas!! State semifinals East Bernard vs Paul Pewitt!!

Brahmaball

State semi-finals  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Paul Pewitt Brahmas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

13 hours ago, Trey said:

That paul pewitt / daingerfield game was lots of scoring but i didnt like the way the REFS was calling flags back to back to back on Daingerfield soon after they. Was threaten to score in the 3rd and especially the 4th Quarter.  Hope they have. Do better this game. I will be there to watch. Good luck to both your teams.

To make up from the no calls the week before. 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, wildtigers said:

Great Post

Living in SS arent you an Abron fan? The Pewitt vs Dfield game was fairly called. I promise yall should have got several more penalties on your outside receivers holding the cb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 4

On 12/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, MrsNATUREBOY98 said:

Yes sir. He raised Brahma show cattle. He donated the land and the money to build the school for Naples and Omaha. He was a very private man and was actually not happy they named the school after him. Naples were the Buffaloes and Omaha were the Indians. They gave us Brahmas because he was a fan of that breed. 

Thanks for that information about Mr. Paul Pewitt.  Obviously he was an outstanding Texas cattleman, and a fine man, someone of whom’s namesake y’all can and should be proud.

If he were raising Brimmers in the late 40s/early 50s, surely he would have rubbed shoulders with some of the Hudginses, and the Forgasons, and the Wilbecks, from down our way.  I suspect he probably had friends among them. They were all that way.  Men like Paul Pewitt  are almost extinct in this day and time.  And we’re all the poorer for it.   

So anyway, we both can be justly proud of our mascot and the men who prompted it.  Not a better team name in the State of Texas.

Regarding the game, seems to me this is one between two very evenly matched teams with very similar offensive and defensive philosophies.  I’m thinking the team that makes the fewest mistakes, especially the dumb kind, silly penalties and such, will win in a nail biter.

I’ll be pulling hard and bleeding maroon for my guys.  But if Paul Pewitt wins, you can be assured that the lot of us will be pulling for y’all at State.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Suvicka said:

Thanks for that information about Mr. Paul Pewitt.  Obviously he was an outstanding Texas cattleman, and a fine man, someone of whom’s namesake y’all can and should be proud.

If he were raising Brimmers in the late 40s/early 50s, surely he would have rubbed shoulders with some of the Hudginses, and the Forgasons, and the Wilbecks, from down our way.  I suspect he probably had friends among them. They were all that way.  Men like Paul Pewitt  are almost extinct in this day and time.  And we’re all the poorer for it.   

So anyway, we both can be justly proud of our mascot and the men who prompted it.  Not a better team name in the State of Texas.

Regarding the game, seems to me this is one between two very evenly matched teams with very similar offensive and defensive philosophies.  I’m thinking the team that makes the fewest mistakes, especially the dumb kind, silly penalties and such, will win in a nail biter.

I’ll be pulling hard and bleeding maroon for my guys.  But if Paul Pewitt wins, you can be assured that the lot of us will be pulling for y’all at State.

Same from most of us. I'm praying that everyone has safe travels and an injury free game. See y'all tonight and go Pewitt.

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Thanks for the video, that was fun. That coach in the grey hoodie cracked me up. He was prancing like a drum major from Alcorn State. There at the end.Lol

Lol that's abron the head coach. One of the other coaches clocked his 40 on the film and got it at about a 4.88

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Brahmaball said:

Lol that's abron the head coach. One of the other coaches clocked his 40 on the film and got it at about a 4.88

That is the reason I love High School football. Dang I wish I could be a part of the celebration on all of em. I'm so proud of these boys, and I don't know a one of em.Lol.  For most of them, they will not play a down of college football, and this is their day in the sun. They will re-live it the rest of their lives. You just have to be proud for them. I've set up four different ways to hear and/or view the game tonight so I'm bound to get it somewhere.

Play  hard Brahmas, and make your community proud. If it is not to be, then hold your head up and know you did your best.

• Thanks 2