Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Best bet to win state?


Who  

109 members have voted

  1. 1. Who



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longview 

That’s all we need to know. Thank you for you valuable input. 

You do realize PG is the favorite we get it you don't like them but make it less obvious

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

maybe in North east Texas Homer, but believe me the Rest of Texas knows better.

Rest of the state hasn’t been paying attention this season then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

I don't recall Silsbee playing Spring Hill, maybe Smithville and they won 52 to 13  don't see your point,

That’s all we need to know. Thank you for you valuable input. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

I don't recall Silsbee playing Spring Hill, maybe Smithville and they won 52 to 13  don't see your point,

October 4th Springhill beat the brakes off Silsbee in Silsbee. What was funny is they asked Springhill if they were opposed to having a running clock from the start of the game 😂😂😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

October 4th Springhill beat the brakes off Silsbee in Silsbee. What was funny is they asked Springhill if they were opposed to having a running clock from the start of the game 😂😂😂

41-27. im guessing there was probably a late touchdown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Props to Silsbee for a heck of a win last week. To make a statement that they will beat PG is bold. I would be concerned with Wimberly right now. Just as PG is all about Greenwood right now. The question was who is the best bet to win state. In other words if you had to put your life savings on a team to win state who would you put it on? You may not win but who has the best odds? Its not Silsbee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Props to Silsbee for a heck of a win last week. To make a statement that they will beat PG is bold. I would be concerned with Wimberly right now. Just as PG is all about Greenwood right now. The question was who is the best bet to win state. In other words if you had to put your life savings on a team to win state who would you put it on? You may not win but who has the best odds? Its not Silsbee.

Silsbee is a great team loaded with talent and speed with some size so they wont be a pushover like most the teams up North east Texas way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Silsbee is a great team loaded with talent and speed with some size so they wont be a pushover like most the teams up North east Texas way.

You do realize PG is the favorite we get it you don't like them but make it less obvious

  • Stinks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

Silsbee is a great team loaded with talent and speed with some size so they wont be a pushover like most the teams up North east Texas way.

Obviously they are not a pushover but also obviously they have not seen the likes of a team like PG. Like I said great job beating WOS. Im sure Silsbee feels about the same as Gilmer did after they beat Connally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Obviously they are not a pushover but also obviously they have not seen the likes of a team like PG. Like I said great job beating WOS. Im sure Silsbee feels about the same as Gilmer did after they beat Connally. 

He's a WO-S fan.  He is in denial about how good 4A football is in Northeast Texas.  I'm pretty sure Wimberley will have plenty to say about whether Silsbee stays in the picture or not.  Personally, I don't think there's another 4A-D2 team that can come close to beating PG if the Hawks bring it like they did against us.  We are familiar foes, and anybody in their right mind knew we would have to play near perfect to have any chance.  The other teams left have no idea, quite honestly.  Everybody is confident until they get punched in the mouth.:woot:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Silsbee has a decent football team, but no where near the caliber it would take to beat PG, unless PG came out and fell flat, which is highly unlikely. It would take one heck of a defense, that Silsbee don't have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

He's a WO-S fan.  He is in denial about how good 4A football is in Northeast Texas.  I'm pretty sure Wimberley will have plenty to say about whether Silsbee stays in the picture or not.  Personally, I don't think there's another 4A-D2 team that can come close to beating PG if the Hawks bring it like they did against us.  We are familiar foes, and anybody in their right mind knew we would have to play near perfect to have any chance.  The other teams left have no idea, quite honestly.  Everybody is confident until they get punched in the mouth.:woot:

Not in denial, but it seems you are. you are trying to make a comparison on Gilmer and everyone knew Gilmer #### this year.  I would have thought that PG would have kept them scoreless but that didn't happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Not in denial, but it seems you are. you are trying to make a comparison on Gilmer and everyone knew Gilmer #### this year.  I would have thought that PG would have kept them scoreless but that didn't happen. 

Thanks for the laugh, chuk.  You knew WO-S sucked this year, then you get beat by Silsbee, and now you think Silsbee is the best team in the state.  Talk to me AFTER the state championship trophy is handed out.  Then we can compare notes.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Not in denial, but it seems you are. you are trying to make a comparison on Gilmer and everyone knew Gilmer #### this year.  I would have thought that PG would have kept them scoreless but that didn't happen. 

This really getting to you .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CreateMyAccount said:

October 4th

Sh 42-27 Silsbee

Game was called after 3rd because of lightning.

Game also has a running clock per Silsbees HCs request. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...