San Augustine vs Refugio

wolfpack76

San Augustine vs Refugio  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• San Augustine
    • Refugio

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2019 at 12:55 AM

Ya know what #### though? Having people from your own town doubt the young men who will represent the town. It’s not fair to the guys, coaching staff and/or the city itself. I wish people did take it as an honor and privilege like I did...nothin better than putting on that jersey and going to war for the guys beside u and the city that raised u. And if I had to go out, it would be on my shield. No retreat, no backing down because to win the prize, you have to take on all comers. Proud of these young men no matter what. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaPack4Liif3 said:

Ya know what #### though? Having people from your own town doubt the young men who will represent the town. It’s not fair to the guys, coaching staff and/or the city itself. I wish people did take it as an honor and privilege like I did...nothin better than putting on that jersey and going to war for the guys beside u and the city that raised u. And if I had to go out, it would be on my shield. No retreat, no backing down because to win the prize, you have to take on all comers. Proud of these young men no matter what. 

No doubt and these boys are representing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Man these half time adjustments. SA gotta figure out how to slow down that Refugio Offense. It’s so dang precise. Nice routes, great blocking. It’s dangerous when they have the ball. SA gotta keep making athletic plays

Agree. Refugio would have 28 if not for turnovers. 

WP76, bro it’s like as soon as folks found out we would be playing this game tonight, they talked about us losing and just giving up. Hometown folks ya kno and it’s very sad. Never have I ever thought that another team was better and not give 110%, why else do we play the game?  The next 24 minutes will be remembered for years to come. I jus feel it it my 🦴 that our guys got this. Never doubted one iota this season. Like our old shirts say, Can’t Hide That Wolfpack Pride!!!!

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Agree. Refugio would have 28 if not for turnovers. 

Yep. Absolutely. No shade to SA but Refugio looks like the more well oiled machine. SA looks more athletic. If SA can find a way to stop the machine using Xs and Os instead of relying solely on athletic plays SA could open this one up in their favor.

1 minute ago, SAPACK1 said:

Yeah but IMO, those INT's were take aways by SA, not gimme's by the Bobcats.  They earned those.

Ehhh..... one in endzone was kinda a gimme. Actually maybe both of them. Both weren’t smart passes. But yea, SA defenders caught them. 

1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Yep. Absolutely. No shade to SA but Refugio looks like the more well oiled machine. SA looks more athletic. If SA can find a way to stop the machine using Xs and Os instead of relying solely on athletic plays SA could open this one up in their favor.

SA definitely more athletic and has much better size.  I don't know anything about SA coaches, but Herring would be absolutely killing it if he had all those SA athletes. 

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Ehhh..... one in endzone was kinda a gimme. Actually maybe both of them. Both weren’t smart passes. But yea, SA defenders caught them. 

Wouldn’t call them dumb passes. A lot of people talk about this being the toughest group SA has faced all year and folks forget that that’s a pass the Refugio QB probably makes on 99% of other teams but SA has a good solid secondary.

14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Wasnt a bad throw and was tipped.  Davis came up and made a very athletic and focused play on the tipped ball.  Tomato/Tomato...

Just now, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Wouldn’t call them dumb passes. A lot of people talk about this being the toughest group SA has faced all year and folks forget that that’s a pace the Refugio QB probably makes on 99% of other teams but SA has a good solid secondary.

Jump ball in double cover isn’t smart IMO. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Wouldn’t call them dumb passes. A lot of people talk about this being the toughest group SA has faced all year and folks forget that that’s a pace the Refugio QB probably makes on 99% of other teams but SA has a good solid secondary.

You're right about that.  Refugio QB has been able to float those on a lot of weaker teams throughout the season and his receivers would go up and get it.  Not going to happen on SA.  But, he's also not throwing normal tonight, injured his knee last week and looks considerably different to me having seen him in 3-4 games last year and now 3 this year.

• Like 2