San Augustine vs Refugio

wolfpack76

San Augustine vs Refugio  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• San Augustine
    • Refugio

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2019 at 12:55 AM

How bout SA folks stop demanding folks stop hating on your team and be secure in your team’s success..... Haters gonna hate. Let em be. Ya sound like whiney babies demand people respect ya. Main reason SA catches flack is cuz during your success ya flap your gums with little or no respect for the opponents. No doubt SA is loaded with athletes and should win every year..... Sounds like you guys played a heckuva game and should be proud of your kids. Y’all really closed the gap this year. Keep knocking on the door and eventually you knock it down...... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

IMO the reason why SA lost this game was cause of them false starts. I think they had 7 or 8 of them. 

Yes, that's true.  I think the bigger issue was Refugio's smaller outmatched line whipping the dog out of SA's front.  I don't know how that happens other than conditioning and pure heart.

11 hours ago, ProdigyMaker said:

Refugio was just too big. Next year they will have a whole new crop of 250 pounders on the line. . So will Mason and Shiner. 

I wish the UIL could come up with a more fair way to do classifications. 

When you play a team like Refugio their lines are like a mix of one whole district from our region. 

Refugio just too big?  You must be color blind, because the boys in Red and White were significantly bigger that the ones in Orange and Black.  

I felt so exhausted after watching this game on NFHS last night that I slept like a baby.  This was a very physical game.  SA just had too many penalties to overcome against a very  good and well-coached Refugio team.  Got to hand it to Refugio......they know how to win the big ones.  They have a really good team again.  SA has some talented players, but just made too many mistakes for a team playing at this level.  Congrats to them on a great season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

And if anyone wants to argue about SA and Refugio being the best 2 teams in 2A Div I they didn’t watch the same game I did. 

Everyone is going to have their own opinion on that.  I was at both games and Shiner beats both of these teams 99 out of 100 times.  Quite a few folks from Refugio have admitted that too, that Shiner had everything, but Refugio put it all together to beat them on that one night.  They were as good as I've seen at this level.  It was just Refugio's night to beat them and everything came together for them on that night.  Shiner was very impressive and I don't know how Refugio pulled that one out.  Not selling Refugio or SA short, but them are the facts.

2 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

And if you read the next comment by me you’d see that I said I don’t know that the blatant pass interference call would have changed the outcome of the game. When Joe gets this far, come see me, but until then the best Joe can do is hope Newt wins the sheriff race so y’all have something to brag about because that’s as close as Joe will get to winning anything 

Fake news.  Replay clearly showed no PI.  SA had a great season and I was very impressed with how much better they were than last time I saw them.  But, to keep whining about a PI call whether real or not is missing the point that championship teams simply find a way to win.  SA had their chances, played a great game other than too many penalties.  The refs were as good as we're ever going to get at this level.  They were out of Tyler and call some college games, not some scrub crew.  They called a very even handed game across the board.

For the few from SA that keep whining about this, I think there are hundreds that would simply acknowledge Refugio just had a little more of what was needed to take the W.  Like the fake extra point their holder took for the 2 pt conversion.  That was a gamble that paid off huge for them had SA managed to score again.

17 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

How bout SA folks stop demanding folks stop hating on your team and be secure in your team’s success..... Haters gonna hate. Let em be. Ya sound like whiney babies demand people respect ya. Main reason SA catches flack is cuz during your success ya flap your gums with little or no respect for the opponents. No doubt SA is loaded with athletes and should win every year..... Sounds like you guys played a heckuva game and should be proud of your kids. Y’all really closed the gap this year. Keep knocking on the door and eventually you knock it down...... 

Couldn't have said it better.  Grew up in east texas so always wanting to see those teams do good.  All the whining after the loss doesn't jive with all the chest pounding during the season.  Reeks like a dirty diaper.

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

12 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

Only thing else I’ll say is for all of you that wanna trash talk the Wolves...Ima bet if you had to post by your real name you wouldn’t have near as much to say 

Wolfpack76, If you so interested in real names please be the first to do so and follow by example until year and happy holidays to you all. 

Not everybody from Sa is whining about a loss or the refs so-called “blown” or no calls. Some people actually kno how to be humble and take losing as a lesson. Especially since we were the ones to jump out to a lead at FIRST. it was our game to lose and I would expect that if the shoe was on the other foot, we would’ve been the ones to capitalize and it wouldn’t be a discussion right now. It was a great game, two tough teams fighting for the chance at the dance. I never whine, AINT make excuses, but will never doubt or down my young guys for doin what they have done these past three or four seasons or at all. Win lose or draw, 💯% effort is all u can ever ask for. The main thing I wanted for the young men from my city is to learn and mature and use these last couple of successful years to go off and be productive and successful in life. And I think In defeat, u learn a lot more. Still would’ve been nice to win, just didn’t happen point blank. Hats off to Refugio cause my boys from Sa fought and I couldn’t be prouder of them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SaPack4Liif3 said:

Not everybody from Sa is whining about a loss or the refs so-called “blown” or no calls. Some people actually kno how to be humble and take losing as a lesson. Especially since we were the ones to jump out to a lead at FIRST. it was our game to lose and I would expect that if the shoe was on the other foot, we would’ve been the ones to capitalize and it wouldn’t be a discussion right now. It was a great game, two tough teams fighting for the chance at the dance. I never whine, AINT make excuses, but will never doubt or down my young guys for doin what they have done these past three or four seasons or at all. Win lose or draw, 💯% effort is all u can ever ask for. The main thing I wanted for the young men from my city is to learn and mature and use these last couple of successful years to go off and be productive and successful in life. And I think In defeat, u learn a lot more. Still would’ve been nice to win, just didn’t happen point blank. Hats off to Refugio cause my boys from Sa fought and I couldn’t be prouder of them. 

Can I get an Amen

6 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This is 💯 on point!

• Like 1

Honestly, luck had nothing to do with it. Those guys went 12-3 in arguably the best district in 2A football then. Garrison won undefeated yeah sure. Then us and then the Patrick Earl led Timpson Bears in third. Our only loss in district that year was to Garrison and someone correct me if I’m wrong, by the score of 35-12. We avenged one of our earlier losses to the Foreman Bros led CC Bulldogs who were coming off great years with those guys, and I can’t remember who the third loss was to. But u mix all that up and none of it amounts to being lucky. Dang sure wasn’t lucky to beat  an undefeated Jim Ned team led by Colt McCoy who also had been to multiple state title games and we smashed them. Spit your propaganda elsewhere bro. And that’s jus football. Still have them in baseball and basketball and track and other sports as well as academics. We used to people not liking us and that’s fine. The titles speak for themselves. Don’t be mad cause your school doesn’t match up, if you don’t like it, join Louisiana since your on the line anyway. Stay in the sticks and mind your business. 

Edited by SaPack4Liif3
Placed wrong player at wrong school