Gunter vs Canadian 3A D-2 showdown

wingtveer

State semi-finals  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

On film Canadian looks good.  I have seen what I think are better Canadian teams.  I felt like something was missing but I can’t really see it.  Just a feeling.  Gunter I am a bit more familiar with.  They are playing with passion and make some of those goose bump type plays.  I like Gunter but I am not sure passion will be enough to take C.  Just too far from ETexas to get a good feel

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Gunter got a title last time they got bye Canadian.

Gunter beat Canadian 44-34 in 2016 and went on to win state.  In 2017, Gunter won 56-27 and lost the state championship to Newton.  Last year, Canadian won 17-7 and lost to Newton in the state championship.  

The teams to dominate their district. There is not as much parity as there is in East and some of Central Texas.  Getting out of Region 2 and 3 is a true battalion royal.  There are exceptions because teams are located the kids know Escher and tend to get emotional at times.  Lots of long trave to the West part of the State 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

On film Canadian looks good.  I have seen what I think are better Canadian teams.  I felt like something was missing but I can’t really see it.  Just a feeling.  Gunter I am a bit more familiar with.  They are playing with passion and make some of those goose bump type plays.  I like Gunter but I am not sure passion will be enough to take C.  Just too far from ETexas to get a good feel

Canadian seems to be turning the ball over more than usual. They’re still very salty though. I do think Gunter will have alot more than just passion. They will pressure the qb and pound the ball on offense. They also have the TPW factor . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Talent wise, this is the most complete team since the 2016 team. There have been a few more pics this year, but many have been tipped of receivers hands. Not an excuse, and hard to explain, but just seems like they shouldn’t have been pics. Ball would deflect straight to a defender. 

We are also going into only our 3rd game with all starters healthy. If we execute and stay healthy, I really like our chances. If we get sloppy, which has happened at times (and happened last night for a while), we will be watching state from the panhande.