The Smoakhouse Forums

Gunter vs Canadian 3A D-2 showdown

State semi-finals  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, Pax said:

I've heard that, but I've also heard they don't have any significant injuries.  I try not to listen to any of that - it wouldn't change my prediction because it's based on hard numbers anyway.  I hope both teams are as healthy as possible.  I doubt either team would ever use injuries as an excuse anyway.

Not saying anybody would use that as an excuse, just injuries affect the game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a couple of years yall will make a run for state no doubt

See we got some haters laughing at the post.... Prolly some of them 4a schools that dropped and didnt think west rusk or franklin could play with them... Little ole d2 schools showing out

I honestly think we will. That’s me being a homer but with this group coming up it’s a pretty good possibility. Y’all will be back in it too. 

4 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

2015 team that beat Refugio was favored by computers and DCTF to have won every championship from 4a d1 down. DCTF did a video picking them over 1983 DField as best small school team of all time. This team would not beat them, but is the closest we have had to them. But when talking about 15-18 year old kids, anything can happen.

I'll take your word for that, since you are obviously plugged in to them more than I.  That history is incredible though.

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

I’m not saying I do/did! Just relaying what they said. I do not think you can compare teams 2-3 years apart, much less generations. It’s a waste of time that just gets people #### off

That!!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Pax said:

I feel like a traitor because I picked Canadian in the poll and they are leading by one because of me.  I'm ashamed.  Can I change it to Gunter?! :)

Change away Pax !!  Gunter rocks. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, wtxfootball said:

I like canadian by 1-2 scores. I have no idea though. I shamefully wrote gunter off of state caliber when they got easily beat by pottsboro. Didnt know pottsboro would be one of the best. Gunter and canadian seem to be peaking at the right time. 

Easy?  Ask Potts fans if they thought it was easy.

I just can’t pick one! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve really enjoyed the classy, respectful fans from each team and think they’re both great. I know most are picking Canadian but there have been SOOO MANY upsets this season that it’s hard to say. Good luck to both! 

5 hours ago, JilliB1995 said:

I just can’t pick one! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve really enjoyed the classy, respectful fans from each team and think they’re both great. I know most are picking Canadian but there have been SOOO MANY upsets this season that it’s hard to say. Good luck to both! 

Please allow me ......GUNTER. 

• Like 1
On 12/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, wtxfootball said:

I like canadian by 1-2 scores. I have no idea though. I shamefully wrote gunter off of state caliber when they got easily beat by pottsboro. Didnt know pottsboro would be one of the best. Gunter and canadian seem to be peaking at the right time. 

I wouldn’t call a 27-14 loss to Pottsboro a game that Gunter, “easily,” got beat in. 

• Like 1

At this point I can truly say congrats to all 4 teams. They are all capable of winning it all. They all play great defense and have offensive schemes that fit their kids. They are all well coached and don’t make many mistakes.  I hope they all finish this season injury free whether it be this weekend or later in Arlington. As for me, I hope Gunter wins it all facing  pewitt in the finals. Can’t wait til Friday gets here. 

I thought Canadian would win it all but sometimes the ball bounces the wrong way with two equally good teams. Well good luck next year Canadian and great game Gunter. I will be pulling for region 3 and them Brahmas this week though. PP  by 3