Lampasas vs Carthage

Liberty

4A DIV 1 STATE SEMI FINALS - Lampasas vs Carthage  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Lampasas Badgers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

I know my prediction might be outrageous but I try to calculate factors before I predict outcomes. If I'm wrong, I will eat a buffet of Crow....I know Carthage will win but I am sticking with my thoughts on this game...I pray for safe travels and a injury free game for both programs. 

• Like 2

IMHO,this year Carthage ain't gon ring the bell for 42 points again a real defense.But in their defense,they don't have too,the dawg d ain't gonna give up a bunch of points and force the o to have to score half a hunnert.js ima say 28-32 Carthage and Lampasas around 14-17 or so...somthin along those lines...now a pick six or a fumble recovery inside of the 20 will change that around but I'll say that on the defensive side..lol 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

IMHO,this year Carthage ain't gon ring the bell for 42 points again a real defense.But in their defense,they don't have too,the dawg d ain't gonna give up a bunch of points and force the o to have to score half a hunnert.js ima say 28-32 Carthage and Lampasas around 14-17 or so...somthin along those lines...now a pick six or a fumble recovery inside of the 20 will change that around but I'll say that on the defensive side..lol 

That is a very logical prediction, chain... I agree completely with this.🤨👍

20 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

If you watch the film of Lampasas and Needville, I have a feeling you would say Carthage’s offense will have to have a really bad day to score less than 40 - it could happen. Lampasas defensive backs don’t have the speed to cover 3 of the 4 Carthage receivers for much time.  
Needville had several long pass plays against Lampasas with guys that can’t break 4.6. Carthage has something like 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6 going at them. 

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

I would think coach would grind on em and burn down the clock..limit Lampasas touches and force them to make mental errors.aint showing levega coaches nothing special..lol 

There’s definitely a Showdown brewing between Carthage & LaVega, & if that game happens, it will be Epic! One Game at a time...

24 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

After last year nothing is taken for granted . Especially one most haven't heard of . 

Ain't that the truth!  Although we'd heard of Liberty Hill before,  since they gave us a beat down in 07 en route to their back to back title run.  LH has a lot to brag about.  I think them and el campo are the only 2 teams we've met in playoffs who haven't lost to Coach S.

4 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Well depends on which rankings because Henderson has been ranked top 10 this season also Marshall has too in 5adiv 2

I'm talking about the final ranking which is usually the best measure after 11 week of football have been played.  Marshall finished 7-4 not a top 10 5a-d2 team if they still had that QB it might be a different story.

2 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Big difference in the top teams in D1 and D2

Just enrollment only. Pleasant Grove would absolutely beat up on half of the 4a teams and did with Henderson and Chapel Hill. Carthage makes teams look silly with D2 #

Bigger aint always better

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

I'm talking about the final ranking which is usually the best measure after 11 week of football have been played.  

That is a more realistic ranking. Carthage hasn't really faced maybe one elite team this year. Probably four decent ones. Henderson , Gilmer, Marshall, and Hertiage. Lampasas hasn't faced anyone of note from what most can tell.