Lampasas vs Carthage

Liberty

4A DIV 1 STATE SEMI FINALS - Lampasas vs Carthage  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Lampasas Badgers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

4 minutes ago, coachkells said:

As well as they did last year being ranked #4 and taking it all with out being challenged.

And ya'll are still the champs,  for 2 more weeks anyway 😜

what's up with you voting for lampasas? You really think they gonna take down the Dawgs?  Or just wishful thinking?  You know ya'll wanna play us at jerry world!  Cmon man!

Edited by DAWG91

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

And ya'll are still the champs,  for 2 more weeks anyway 😜

what's up with you voting for lampasas? You really think they gonna take down the Dawgs?  Or just wishful thinking?  You know ya'll wanna play us at jerry world!  Cmon man!

I just know this is a East Texas site and wanted it to look a little more balanced.  LOL.  

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

I just know this is a East Texas site and wanted it to look a little more balanced.  LOL.  

Gotcha.  I did my part in keeping it balanced for yall last week.  They almost had me changing my pick to argyle but i stuck with la vega like i said i would do way back in september.   Didn't expect ya'll to beat em down like that though!  Hopefully ya'll got all that pinned up anger out of your system.

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Gotcha.  I did my part in keeping it balanced for yall last week.  They almost had me changing my pick to argyle but i stuck with la vega like i said i would do way back in september.   Didn't expect ya'll to beat em down like that though!  Hopefully ya'll got all that pinned up anger out of your system.

Argyle didn't have a chance last Friday.  Has anyone seen that game on NFHS?

38 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I'm talking about the final ranking which is usually the best measure after 11 week of football have been played.  Marshall finished 7-4 not a top 10 5a-d2 team if they still had that QB it might be a different story.

Best measure Marshall was 7 - 3. 

I listened to some of the game between Lampasas and Liberty Hill.  Apparently, with less than 2:00 left in the game, and Liberty Hill with only 1 timeout left, and not planning on using it, the QB backed up and threw a 20 touchdown pass.  The LH radio announcers were livid.  The touchdown got reversed because of and offensive penalty.  In my opinion, that is pretty sorry for a team to do that.  According to the radio announcers, one of the coaches apologized to LH for that.  Lampasas took knees after that too.

The QB for Lampasas had a remarkable game.  I don't remember the stats, but he had 5 or 6 touchdown passes and a lot of yardage.  LH was slow in the secondary last year when Carthage beat themselves.  

I watched the Needville game and the LH game.  They can’t match our speed at any position.  Their defense is none existent and their offense runs go routes on both sides most of the time.  There QB is small and quick and he does everything punter, place kicker and qb.  Carthage will shut them down and he will find it hard to operate with our front 7 putting a lot of pressure on him.  Horton will have his best game all year.  Wade, Ingram, Williams, and McNew will all score in this one.  Courtney will go for over 100 and Dawgs twos will play the 4th.  Dawgs big.

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

How do yall matchup with Springtown? Wasn't a thread up . 

ST is a primary run team, they throw the ball on occasion to keep you honest. ST has a quick shifty back that looks to be pretty good.  Guess LV will have to stop the run this week, if the Pirates can do that they should be ok.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

ST is a primary run team, they throw the ball on occasion to keep you honest. ST has a quick shifty back that looks to be pretty good.  Guess LV will have to stop the run this week, if the Pirates can do that they should be ok.

Should be easy. Last I heard that had 22 D1 commits and could beat the Ravens....