Lampasas vs Carthage

Liberty

4A DIV 1 STATE SEMI FINALS - Lampasas vs Carthage  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Lampasas Badgers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

I'm going with Carthage.  But let's don't get too cocky as we know all too well what happened last year when Carthage went up against this CenTex district (Liberty Hill).  There is no way Carthage should have lost that game and I think Liberty Hill would admit Carthage wins that game 99 times out of 100.  But.....that's the great thing about football, you never know when the 1 game is going to come and those can be some of the greatest.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ouch!  I like my Dawgs but man I’m not sure I can roll with this score prediction.  Lampasas is in the final 4 for a reason.  I think it will be a better game than that.

I agree. I don’t think a team with their balanced attack will be so easily & totally beaten. I wouldn’t hazard to predict what the final score might be. I just hope Surratt’s Dawgs come away with the Win, if only by one point.👌😋

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goldberg said:

It was based on various factors such as schedule strength etc....the only way this prediction will not come to pass, Carthage would have to call off the dogs and a running clock in the second half.

Well, I certainly have not reviewed all of their final scores and box scores I just know they spread it around really well and have a quality QB and skill players.

NOW, we also hear their OL and DL are not quite as formidable as their skill players. If that’s the case, we may get to their QB even more than we did MH’s QB on Friday night in Jacksonville. If we do then that passing game could suffer dramatically just like the Jaguars’ passing attack did.

37 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ouch!  I like my Dawgs but man I’m not sure I can roll with this score prediction.  Lampasas is in the final 4 for a reason.  I think it will be a better game than that.

From looks of the schedule Lampasas gives up a ton of points and has a loss to a 500 team. I could see this as lopsided. Like I said a good Defense and statically the best in 4a ususally wins over a good offense. Carthage also has a pretty good offense as well. Heritage had a decent offense attack and was shutdown for the most part. I like 49-21 score .

• Stinks 1

I'm glad Carthage is playing this team instead of liberty hill.I think Carthage will play mediocre  the first half and the surrat and company will

make there adjustments at half time.I don't think Carthage will play conservative either. They will go on 4th down and short yardage if the game is close or not..I think carthage will bust it loose in the second half and win the game by at least 3 td's :)   Imho anyway :)

• Like 1

First off, Friday night could have been a much larger margin of victory.it was obvious Surratt had little worry about the outcome and held back the playbook. I guarantee if we were playing Lavega be would have punted before the half 

I'm slightly nervous about this game. Our dline will get to the qb but hopefully they can break down and not run past him like they did against Heritage. If we run past that their qb, we may end up hearing the Lampasas fight song. Also, their receivers are very good at breaking routes  If we get back there and hit him early, the Dawgs win this one easily.

Speaking of fight songs, for two years I forgot Henderson even had one lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

First off, Friday night could have been a much larger margin of victory.it was obvious Surratt had little worry about the outcome and held back the playbook. I guarantee if we were playing Lavega be would have punted before the half 

I'm slightly nervous about this game. Our dline will get to the qb but hopefully they can break down and not run past him like they did against Heritage. If we run past that their qb, we may end up hearing the Lampasas fight song. Also, their receivers are very good at breaking routes  If we get back there and hit him early, the Dawgs win this one easily.

Speaking of fight songs, for two years I forgot Henderson even had one lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

😂

31 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Rivalry lives on! Hahahaha!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!