Lampasas vs Carthage

Liberty

4A DIV 1 STATE SEMI FINALS - Lampasas vs Carthage  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Lampasas Badgers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

6 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Good game Carthage gonna be much more difficult. Lampasas really suprised me. 

YOU??? Hell, they scared the livin’ 💩💩💩 out of Everybody !😱

Hats off to Lampasas; They are the real deal, & they left it all the field last night. They played one heck of a game before everybody there. They brought a Huge crowd of supporters, played an Awesome game to the final whistle, & anybody who stayed home both in Lampasas or Carthage ought to be kicking themselves this morning because they missed one of the greatest high school football games they could ever hope to see! Fans on both sides were on their feet yelling their heads off! 

🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

YOU??? Hell, they scared the livin’ 💩💩💩 out of Everybody !😱

Hats off to Lampasas; They are the real deal, & they left it all the field last night. They played one heck of a game before everybody there. They brought a Huge crowd of supporters, played an Awesome game to the final whistle, & anybody who stayed home both in Lampasas or Carthage ought to be kicking themselves this morning because they missed one of the greatest high school football games they could ever hope to see! Fans on both sides were on their feet yelling their heads off! 

🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆

Both teams definitely played their hearts out, it's been a while since we experienced cardiac football. Glad to see the Dawgs come out on top, but Lampasas pushed us the entire game. As a fan it was exhausting, I can only imagine how the players felt after that slugfest. Ready for next Friday, Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1

Good job carthage. I wish yall luck at Jerry's World!

On 12/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, it is an East Texas forum. We’d expect a CenTex forum to be biased for your area teams. No problem in that. 
Hey, tell us about your team! Who is your best player outside the QB who scored 7 touchdowns against LH?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Probably not before Surratt beats them in the Super Bowl...😜👌

I’m counting on you to pull the Dawgs thru at SC.  From what I hear La Vega plays dirty.  I’m definitely pulling for Carthage.

Really good game......one of the best of the Thurs.-Friday games so far this week, for sure.  Survive and advance at this juncture......it's a fight to get to Jerryworld and it's been a looong ride to get to this game.  Unfamiliarity with your opponent was on the menu this week for every game.......against a very formidable opponent.  That usually makes for an even more uncomfortable situation.  I thought both Carthage and La Vega were a little bit flustered in their games this week.......caused by their opposition, no doubt.  It was a very competitive 2 games in 4A-D1 this week, and in D-2 even the PG/Greenwood tilt was worth the watch. Then we had the Wimberley Texans get up big on Silsbee early.....only to find themselves battling in the 4th to keep that lead......that was also a highly charged game in the end.......and high-scoring as well.  4A did well for themselves this week and represented our classification with 4 very exciting and hard-fought battles.  Even Springtown came through and caused some problems for La Vega......that was surprising in some ways but not in others.  La Vega can have weeks where they just look bad for their talent on the field.......they get too many flags and are not disciplined at all.  Next week should be alot more interesting.

It's funny(not haha funny) to see how many mistakes start happening in these games that really have not occurred that much in recently played playoff games.  It's like an aura comes across the benches on each sideline and even handcuff the coaching staffs.  Bad decisions start to appear not only on the field but from the sidelines as well.  It's the pressure of the moment and cooler heads are not thinking straight.......not as in a much less intense environment.......now we can hahaha.  It happened to some degree last week as well, but was even more noticeable this week in all the games.  The intensity level is what makes these games special......and it's very exciting to see the talent level rise to the occasion for all the teams playing. So far there have been no blowouts.......this is a good thing for the fans and the teams playing the games.  All the teams in 4A playing this week are winners......even though only 4 will advance.

Some teams just have players that play with more discipline than other teams......it's not really "dirty play" but just football in the heat of the moment and wanting to win at all costs.  That's where the discipline or lack of discipline shows up........which can really hurt a team with penalties if the officials see it and call it.  Sometimes they let some of the stuff go......unless it directly affects the play.  And sometimes they let the players play a little until they start seeing the same thing happen more than a few times.  And sometimes they tolerate zero and call everything they see......even though they do miss some calls they didn't see.

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

They stole our logo not too long ago.

I heard we were taking legal action, but apparently we haven't followed through with it yet.

It's the exact logo we used when we originally debuted the Rockin L back in the late 60s/early 70s.

:rofl:   :woot:   :rofl:

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Some teams just have players that play with more discipline than other teams......it's not really "dirty play" but just football in the heat of the moment and wanting to win at all costs.  That's where the discipline or lack of discipline shows up........which can really hurt a team with penalties if the officials see it and call it.  Sometimes they let some of the stuff go......unless it directly affects the play.  And sometimes they let the players play a little until they start seeing the same thing happen more than a few times.  And sometimes they tolerate zero and call everything they see......even though they do miss some calls they didn't see.

There’s none dirtier than the argyle Team Carthage played in 2012.  Cheap shots galore.  

• Stinks 1

The game last night reminded of the Brownwood game in 2010. 
I was on the edge of my seat the entire game. 
The Dawgs made big plays when they needed them. Dixon on that 95 yard touchdown catch and run was nothing short of amazing. He juked the D B out of his shoes and from a dead start ran away from the safety. 
Haskins 40 yard run, BoBo’s 60 yard pick six, and the other pick six, and many more. 
The Dawg QB had a tuff time for three quarters but won the game like a field general in the fourth quarter. 
The Dawg D did a good job against the best passing offensive machine I have seen in a long time. Lampasas was every bit as good as their people said they were. 
Their QB, receivers, O line, and defense could play with and beat anyone in 4A. 
The Dawgs reached down deep into their never quit gut and won the game. 
it was a game to remember for many years to come. 
The crowds for both teams were loud and proud. TEXAS high school football at its best. 
God Bless 

• Like 2