Lampasas vs Carthage

Liberty

4A DIV 1 STATE SEMI FINALS - Lampasas vs Carthage  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Lampasas Badgers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 01:30 AM

7 hours ago, coachkells said:

Big difference in the top teams in D1 and D2

Not when you're talking about Pleasant Grove. Carthage and LaVega are the only D1 teams I'd pick over the Hawks, and PG could play with them. They had Carthage 14-7 in the fourth quarter and got tired, Carthage was the better team, just saying PG gave them all they wanted.

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Not when you're talking about Pleasant Grove. Carthage and LaVega are the only D1 teams I'd pick over the Hawks, and PG could play with them. They had Carthage 14-7 in the fourth quarter and got tired, Carthage was the better team, just saying PG gave them all they wanted.

14 - 14 in the 3rd quarter

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Don’t be a history revisionist. Carthage took complete control of that game in the second half and separated in the fourth quarter. 

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Exactly, I'm STILL waiting on coachkells to address this statement. Although PG and Carthage were tied at 14 all in 3rd.

8 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

PG hung with Carthage for a half.  That wasn't even a game in the second half pretty sure the final was 35-14, games are 48 minute long.   I said top teams,  Name one other D2 team that could compete in D1 against the top teams.  Don't pull things out of context to fit your narrative..  I remember reading that thread and the talk of how the Dawgs dominated in the second half of that Game. 

57 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t be a history revisionist. Carthage took complete control of that game in the second half and separated in the fourth quarter. 

This.....  

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

PG hung with Carthage for a half.  That wasn't even a game in the second half pretty sure the final was 35-14, games are 48 minute long.   I said top teams,  Name one other D2 team that could compete in D1 against the top teams.  Don't pull things out of context to fit your narrative..  I remember reading that thread and the talk of how the Dawgs dominated in the second half of that Game. 

This.....  

Yep, the way he presented the story of that game was not accurate. PG folks would tell the truth of what happened in that game. They hung tough for a half.

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, the way he presented the story of that game was not accurate. PG folks would tell the truth of what happened in that game. They hung tough for a half.

Thought CNN was reporting on this game when I first saw that.  LOL....

• LOL! 3

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, coachkells said:

Argyle didn't have a chance last Friday.  Has anyone seen that game on NFHS?

Yes iI watched the game twice, and it was too easy for La Vega, and I believe La Vega will beat Springtown then win state once again.

13 hours ago, coachkells said:

This.....  

Carthage dominated the fourth quarter. It was 14-7 at the end of the third quarter. I've changed my mind I hope LaVega kicks your butts.

37 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Sorry, but you're wrong. Carthage scored 4 touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

You should not stick your foot in your mouth when there is video evidence you are wrong.  This is not 1970 when there is no YouTube. We are not disagreeing on what might happen, we are disagreeing on a fact.  Go watch the video on YouTube with Ray Angle and his buddy announcing. 

Looked back at Dawgs vs PG game thread from week 6.  On page 27 of the thread it's stated by Hawkeye "double pass carthage TD on 4th and 5 from the 7." Score 14-14

very next post by cotton84 states "14-14". Late 3rd quarter.

That pretty much wraps up this controversy.  Sorry hornet,  you're wrong.

9 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Carthage dominated the fourth quarter. It was 14-7 at the end of the third quarter. I've changed my mind I hope LaVega kicks your butts.

Why are you getting upset? The truth is PG was the best overall team Carthage has faced. PG was the one game that was more difficult to win. Gilmer, Van, Henderson and Hertiage in that order was competitive to big wins. The rest they could have spotted the team points and still won.

10 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

PG is the best team Carthage has played this year and provided an amazing atmosphere that night. It was a great game!

Why are we arguing about this game?

I guess I should’ve said PG hung tough for three quarters and Carthage pulled away in the 4th.

Cool?

• LOL! 1