2. 2. Who Wins?

• #2 Ohio State
    • #3 Clemson
  3. 3. 2019 National Champion

• #1 LSU
    • #2 Ohio State
    • #3 Clemson
    • #4 Oklahoma

I’m very intrigued. I honestly think LSU and Ohio st are the most tested, but Clemson is still dangerous. Will their week schedule be a hinderance when they face adversity vs Ohio st? Maybe they are the best team and we just aren’t noticing it because they haven’t played anybody the level of the others... Ou could also provide a scare against LSU. They have a mobile qb which has been a problem for LSU this season, and they have the ability to really speed up the game which has also been a problem for LSU. This one could be very high scoring. I do not expect ou to stop LSU enough times though and hurts is good for a mistake somewhere that could cost them. 

19 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I'm just wondering how someone is gonna stop this LSU offense? They are a machine right now with the Heisman winner winging the ball.

IDK, maybe Vennables can come up with something. No doubt it will be interesting.

Only team to really stop them this year was Auburn. The score was 23-20

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I took Clemson to win it all.

Me too. They are forgotten and to much hype for Ohio st. Ou doesn't necessarily have the horses to compete. Lsu has the talent but are do for a letdown. Lsu vs Ohio st (Burrow going home) or Lsu vs clemson would be great. I believe the committee got it right with the four best teams.

I'm putting my money on Ohio State. They are the most complete team if you ask me. If they get past Clemson, I think their defense is good enough to slow down LSU, and we know their offense can put up points.

I don't think OU has a chance against LSU. 

56 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm putting my money on Ohio State. They are the most complete team if you ask me. If they get past Clemson, I think their defense is good enough to slow down LSU, and we know their offense can put up points.

I don't think OU has a chance against LSU. 

Only the most homer of OU homers thinks we have a chance in this one. 

I'm proud of the job Grinch has done with the defense in just his first season, and impressed with the heart and guts a lot of our guys have shown over the last few weeks. Pleased to even be in the playoff conversation, let along actually gain a spot.

But, yeah, we're punching above our weight now.

Joe Burrow will pass for 400+ yards. Hurts will have 3+ turnovers. LSU will win by 40+ points. 

The best we can hope for is a defeat that isn't too lopsided...  maybe something like 48-27. 

52 minutes ago, AKA said:

Only the most homer of OU homers thinks we have a chance in this one. 

I'm proud of the job Grinch has done with the defense in just his first season, and impressed with the heart and guts a lot of our guys have shown over the last few weeks. Pleased to even be in the playoff conversation, let along actually gain a spot.

But, yeah, we're punching above our weight now.

Joe Burrow will pass for 400+ yards. Hurts will have 3+ turnovers. LSU will win by 40+ points. 

The best we can hope for is a defeat that isn't too lopsided...  maybe something like 48-27. 

OU's defense will have to play the best game they've ever played and then some. It's unfortunate for not just OU, but really anybody in the playoff right now because LSU is playing lights out football across the board. We know how good Joe Burrow and that offense is, but the LSU defense has stepped up and played really well the past few games. I really think Ohio State is the only team that can slow them down, and even that might be a difficult task.

I've watched the past few OU games and I feel like Jalen has lost his groove a little bit. He's seemed to turn the ball over now more than he did earlier in the year. If LSU locks down Ceedee, it will be a rough go. 

53 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

OU's defense will have to play the best game they've ever played and then some. It's unfortunate for not just OU, but really anybody in the playoff right now because LSU is playing lights out football across the board. We know how good Joe Burrow and that offense is, but the LSU defense has stepped up and played really well the past few games. I really think Ohio State is the only team that can slow them down, and even that might be a difficult task.

I've watched the past few OU games and I feel like Jalen has lost his groove a little bit. He's seemed to turn the ball over now more than he did earlier in the year. If LSU locks down Ceedee, it will be a rough go. 

It's basically the Jalen Hurts offense at this point.

For reasons that completely escape me, Riley is putting the offense entirely on Jalen's shoulders. The "zone-read" is a read only in theory, because Hurts keeps it 99% of the time. Our RBs have been far more efficient for several weeks now, but Hurts keeps playing hero ball. Hurts continues to lock-on his primary target (CeeDee Lamb) and has shown to be poor in going through his progression. But, to be fair, losing our primary receiving back (Sermon) and our All-American tight end (Calcaterra) appears to have blunted his confidence.

If LSU locks down Lamb, Hurts will run it. Every. Time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1